behind the scenes

Tuesday Morning Rambling

Mr Supervisor (rather, Mr Former Supervisor But Still A Supervisor) came up to me (of his own volition, not because I needed help) towards the end of my shift and described me as “volatile” and asked if I’ve been good. That means I flip and flop between irate and calm. Intermittently bitchy agent? More like irascible because someone’s being an idiot. Of course, volatile can also mean I’m explosive (which is a sexy way of putting it). On the other hand, it can mean I’m unstable (I think we already know that).

It’s generally not a good idea for me to have crushes on people who are physically within my reach and whom I come into contact with on a daily basis, if only because I’m a ding-a-ling who has the scandalous habit of acting upon my crushes. My theory is that it comes with my age and that when I eventually mature, I’ll (finally) develop a sense of inhibition. At least I’m crossing my fingers that I will. Maybe when I’m 22.

Which reminds me: why is there nothing monumental or defining about turning 22? It’s just like turning 8 or 14 and very much unlike turning, say, 1 (because it means I managed to not annoy my parents for 12 months, so they decided not to smother me in my sleep or to leave me in a basket outside some rich spinster’s doorstep who actually hates children and will probably do something horrible to me. Like feed me to mice or give me to the manong mambobote); or 18 (when my folks were more than happy to serve my debutante-ness upon a fluffy pink and silver platter, begging not-necessarily-eligible bachelors to whisk me off to a life of domesticity. There were no takers, though, and I blamed it on the fact that I knew jackshit about doing the laundry, making sammiches or shining black leather shoes back then. So I proceeded to skill myself in those areas of housewifery, and also, to give good head).

So I don’t know, maybe I’ll make something out of turning 22. Something that isn’t asinine or sarcastic, like most of my goals are (my 2007 Game Plan is one exception— I’m dead serious about that). One thing’s for sure: I’d like to have more Me Time this coming year. Or no, not Me Time, since I get enough of that during my daily commute to and from work; just more Quiet Time. I’d like to not find myself in a tizzy come the weekend.

Or maybe what I need is More Time. Okay, so that brings my wishlist to include two things: A Tan and More Time. Also, the complete Nancy Sinatra collection, please. There, three.

• Reply Shari May 8, 2007 at 10:50 am

Tuning 22 is like farting. Really.

Not that I’ve been there, haha!

Quiet time? You kidding me? :p

• Reply Helga May 10, 2007 at 7:14 am

Quiet Time shared with someone/some people. Hehe.

• Reply kristine May 8, 2007 at 11:04 am

Naks! When is your birthday? so this is part where you’ll emo muna.. sigh. cannot imagine being 22 again. so lucky! enjoy IT!

• Reply Helga May 10, 2007 at 7:22 am

End of the month :) And noooo, I shall not be emo. I shall be as happy as I was when I turned 21. Or happier, even. Hopefullaaay.

• Reply Dante May 8, 2007 at 12:09 pm

You’re a Gemini. Volatility is part and parcel of who you are, and I mean that in a good way. ;)

• Reply chase May 8, 2007 at 3:07 pm

I wished I was 22 or 21 again. That is my ideal age.

• Reply benj May 9, 2007 at 12:24 am

You are one of the few people from our HS class who’s actually younger than I am. :p

Happy Birthday! HEIL HELGA! haha

• Reply Helga May 10, 2007 at 7:24 am

Jeezas. Dax Suva (remember him?) just added me on Friendster and dude is like 22. And he’s one batch lower. Whoopeeee haha.

• Reply benj May 12, 2007 at 3:36 am

Ummm ok. You just ruined my appetite for the whole weekend. I think Zolah was our youngest batchmate. Or somebody whose name sounds like that. hehe

• Reply thegreatest May 9, 2007 at 9:13 am

I’m wishin for 22 too…at that age, knowing what I know now, oh what damage I can do =)

• Reply Helga May 10, 2007 at 7:00 am

Oh, but Chris, who would want a 22-year old boy? :D

• Reply Kenneth May 11, 2007 at 4:44 am

A different meaning of volatile is apparently:
    7. able to fly or flying.

• Reply keysi May 11, 2007 at 6:50 am

i don’t remember being 22. lol.

• Reply sam May 11, 2007 at 8:09 pm

i dont remember turning 22. then i again i realized i wasnt 18 years too late.
    oh yeah, i think that was the year you guys came over for board games and wine til 7 in the morning
    and we danced with gay guys in gov
    those were the days
    man i know
    some kind of inhibition that just pops out of nowhere. i sometimes wish i didnt have it

good weekend, make it last!

• Reply sam May 11, 2007 at 8:13 pm

hahaha cool theres a vietnamese flag beside my name

• Reply fer May 14, 2007 at 2:17 pm

yay im back! hahaha.. finals have been killing me but i won lol

i dont think there’s something so great about 22.. hahaha.. i’ll found out this May 25th (high five gemini girl) lol..

• Reply DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET » NO, IT’S NOT *THAT*. May 17, 2007 at 9:24 am

[…] I hope to be able to catch my breath, adjust, and be back by next week. Til then, I’ll be busy with work, fending off the subtle advances of a co-worker, clumsily checking out Mr Supervisor, and naming random inanimate objects around the house (last week, I named our water pitchers Oscar and Bettita; that same week, Mikey and I agreed to name our first-borne daughter Bettita [I like that name so much. Bettina, too] and our first-borne son Dodgie [nicknamed Bobet by Steel]. I forgot what our pet cat’s name’s going to be, but I know our dog’s Sneakers and our pigeon’s Celso. Or was it Naldy?). In the meantime, I should get more sleep. […]