events

Taste Asia 2: I Went for the Free Booze

I never really go to offline blogger events or “parties”, save for TMB celebraganzas, for the sole reason that I’m antisocial (what? Lololol). So anyway, having nothing better to do on a Thursday night (I lie: I actually filed a leave for that night for this “party”), I, with the awesome TMB monkeys + my “date” made my way to Taste Asia 2. Honestly, I had no clue what the event was all about; I just wanted to, like, be there.

The majority of the night was spent not socializing and just downing bottle after bottle of booze at The TMB Table. And several trips to the washroom which was three meters behind our table. WHAT A FANTASTIC PARTEEEEH, HUH? Too bad I was too lazy to go around and look for people I know/wanted to meet IRL (read: just one: Shari).

I did see Benj which was awesomecakes as I haven’t seen the guy since 2001, and I finally got to meet the sexy nomad Jen Mordo. I missed Liz, though, boo. Highlight of the evening was seeing Bim and Mikey fighting over Penny.

Mikey: Kunyari Bim and I are the last two guys on earth.
Bim: Tapos may goat.

Penny chooses Bim, huzzah!

Bim and Steel are gangstahs.

Me, looking like a moron. Chubby AZN cheeks explosion!

Photos swiped from Ade.

All in all, and like any night spent with the TMB kids, I had loads of fun. And now I seriously need to de-tox; no drinking until September.

38 Comments

• Reply thegreatest August 25, 2007 at 5:01 am

detox…uhuh. Seriously, one could get a good buzz just kissing you. =p

• Reply Helga August 25, 2007 at 5:06 am

Your “tama na, Helga” hirit did it for me hahahaha.

• Reply Fritz August 25, 2007 at 5:52 am

More incriminating pics for upload later. Wahehihohu. We should have free-booze parties like this every other week or as often. As if I drink. But I like taking the photos.

• Reply alohapenny August 25, 2007 at 7:01 am

yeah you were just clicking away didnt matter if we were looking or not haha

• Reply Pau August 25, 2007 at 6:34 am

Wait. What happened to the goat?!

• Reply Helga August 25, 2007 at 12:19 pm

They were both losing to it, so they took it out of the running.

• Reply alohapenny August 25, 2007 at 7:02 am

I’d choose the goat but they removed it from the options!! Nice meeting you Helga and your cheeks are cute! I enjoyed the night with you guys.

• Reply Helga August 25, 2007 at 12:22 pm

My cheeks were too pink! Even on the elevator ride from the carpark, lover was telling me I went overboard with the blush.

Nice meeting ya, too. LET’S DRINK AGAIN!

• Reply alohapenny August 30, 2007 at 11:54 am

hey i did not see this reply but OK! let’s drink again!!

• Reply thegreatest August 25, 2007 at 9:48 am

yes the goat! Penny should have chosen the goat, no offense to Bim, er..and mike for that matter hehe. At least with the goat she’d feel better about herself in the morning. =p

• Reply Mikey August 25, 2007 at 10:33 am

Wait, Im not THAT fat in real life am I? You choose the most unflattering pics. You suck.

• Reply alohapenny August 25, 2007 at 11:03 am

the camera adds ten pounds Mikey, you should have chosen a dark shirt, notice how Bim appears to be just a head with hands therefore not fat :)

• Reply Bim August 27, 2007 at 6:33 pm

…but but but I’m not fat!

• Reply Helga August 25, 2007 at 12:13 pm

I showed Anna the photos from my cam. She said you got fatter.

• Reply kristine August 25, 2007 at 10:57 am

I want your jacket!!!

• Reply Helga August 25, 2007 at 12:18 pm

It’s a super old Esprit top!

• Reply keysi August 25, 2007 at 4:18 pm

holy crap, Steel was there?

• Reply Steel August 25, 2007 at 5:10 pm

OF COURSE I WAS! I am where trouble and awesome gatherings are. Because I’m cool that way.

• Reply Helga August 27, 2007 at 8:35 pm

GUSTO MO NG TROUBLE!

• Reply Ade August 25, 2007 at 7:28 pm

Ya he was running late for work. We told him you’d get pissed off at him if he gets late so he packed up and left.

• Reply keysi August 25, 2007 at 5:15 pm

ok ok. uhmmm… ok. k!

• Reply Laarni August 25, 2007 at 6:15 pm

That was so red. huzzah! but you look elegant. :p

• Reply Helga August 27, 2007 at 8:25 pm

It’s my jacket, isn’t it. But underneath that lies an EMOTERA shirt. So much for elegance.

• Reply Aileen Apolo August 25, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Thanks for coming!

• Reply Prudence August 25, 2007 at 7:40 pm

You have to attend more blogger events because I haven’t said hi to you yet. :-) Maybe next time.

• Reply Taste Asia 2: The Man Blog Invades MoA. Nobody Gets Laid. » Noisy, Noisy Man | Your daily dose of retard August 25, 2007 at 7:46 pm

[…] TASTE ASIA 2: I WENT FOR THE FREE BOOZE. […]

• Reply Bloggers Invade Tasta Asia Again (And The After-Party Party) August 25, 2007 at 7:56 pm

[…] Taste Asia 2: I Went For The Free Booze by Helga […]

• Reply i. am. chef. » taste asia blogger’s party @ SM hypermart - i. am. chef. in the city 3 August 26, 2007 at 12:36 am

[…] Paul’s Blog Touched by an Angel Pinoy Food Photoblog Laurganism Bakla Ako, May Reklamo Manuel Viloria The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (live blog) The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (retrospective) Geeky Guide to Nearly Everything Takbo! (sa wakas ng pagkatuliro) Macuha.com Utakgago Magikel Dax’s Site Ganns Deen Roaming Around with Romela Cliquebooth Real People / Real Style (girls) Real People / Real Style (boys) Pinoy Moms Network Teacher Julie Atheista.net Abuggedlife.com Justwandering.org Jehzlau Concepts Prudence and Madness Refineme.org Scrooch Chronicles AnitoKid Mike Villar: Rising Internet Star TJ Cafuir Loida de Vera Mon’s World The Four Eyed Journal The Disastrous Urban Primadonna Pinoymoneytalk.com Pinoy Blog Machine SM Hypermarket Byahilo Tainted Song Bababa ba? Half the World Away Noisy Noisy Man Chickenmafia.com Penny for Your Thoughts Lastleaf.org […]

• Reply Vanes August 26, 2007 at 4:31 am

you sure had a blast, huh? I only attended such party once in 2003, a gathering of Indo webloggers, to be exact.

• Reply This is why it pays to “Suit up!” | Ganns Deen August 26, 2007 at 6:16 am

[…] Paul’s Blog Touched by an Angel Pinoy Food Photoblog Laurganism Bakla Ako, May Reklamo Manuel Viloria The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (live blog) The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (retrospective) Geeky Guide to Nearly Everything Takbo! (sa wakas ng pagkatuliro) Macuha.com Utakgago Magikel Dax’s Site Roaming Around with Romela Cliquebooth Real People / Real Style (girls) Real People / Real Style (boys) Pinoy Moms Network Teacher Julie Atheista.net Abuggedlife.com Justwandering.org Jehzlau Concepts Prudence and Madness Refineme.org Scrooch Chronicles AnitoKid Mike Villar: Rising Internet Star TJ Cafuir Loida de Vera Mon’s World The Four Eyed Journal The Disastrous Urban Primadonna Pinoymoneytalk.com Pinoy Blog Machine SM Hypermarket Byahilo Tainted Song Bababa ba? Half the World Away Noisy Noisy Man Chickenmafia.com Penny for Your Thoughts Lastleaf.org […]

• Reply Taste Asia 2 | MagandangBalita.com August 27, 2007 at 12:54 pm

[…] Paul’s Blog Touched by an Angel Pinoy Food Photoblog Laurganism Bakla Ako, May Reklamo Manuel Viloria The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (live blog) The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (retrospective) Geeky Guide to Nearly Everything Takbo! (sa wakas ng pagkatuliro) Macuha.com Utakgago Magikel Dax’s Site Ganns Deen Roaming Around with Romela Cliquebooth Real People / Real Style (girls) Real People / Real Style (boys) Pinoy Moms Network Teacher Julie Atheista.net Abuggedlife.com Justwandering.org Jehzlau Concepts Prudence and Madness Refineme.org Scrooch Chronicles AnitoKid Mike Villar: Rising Internet Star TJ Cafuir Loida de Vera Mon’s World The Four Eyed Journal The Disastrous Urban Primadonna Pinoymoneytalk.com Pinoy Blog Machine SM Hypermarket Byahilo Tainted Song Bababa ba? Half the World Away Noisy Noisy Man Chickenmafia.com Penny for Your Thoughts Lastleaf.org Baratillo.net Angel’s Sentiments I. Am. Chef. iMom The Parody Sexy Nomad Fritzified.com Our Awesome Planet […]

• Reply Skye August 27, 2007 at 10:42 pm

I wanted to be there, but I was too busy… (Read: I forgot.) Oh well. I have to meet you the next time this happens. I’ll be there for the free food, and maybe grab myself a bottle of vodka since I don’t drink beer. lol

• Reply Taste Asia 2 | ederic@cyberspace August 28, 2007 at 12:19 am

[…] Paul’s BlogTouched by an AngelPinoy Food PhotoblogLaurganismBakla Ako, May ReklamoManuel ViloriaThe Lonely Vampire Chronicles (live blog)The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (retrospective)Geeky Guide to Nearly EverythingTakbo! (sa wakas ng pagkatuliro)Macuha.comUtakgagoMagikelDax’s SiteGanns DeenRoaming Around with RomelaCliqueboothReal People / Real Style (girls)Real People / Real Style (boys)Pinoy Moms NetworkTeacher JulieAtheista.netAbuggedlife.comJustwandering.orgJehzlau ConceptsPrudence and MadnessRefineme.orgScrooch ChroniclesAnitoKidMike Villar: Rising Internet StarTJ CafuirLoida de VeraMon’s WorldThe Four Eyed JournalThe Disastrous Urban PrimadonnaPinoymoneytalk.comPinoy Blog MachineSM HypermarketByahiloTainted SongBababa ba?Half the World AwayNoisy Noisy ManChickenmafia.comPenny for Your ThoughtsLastleaf.orgBaratillo.netAngel’s SentimentsI. Am. Chef.iMomThe ParodySexy NomadFritzified.comOur Awesome Planet […]

• Reply MakiBAKLA, Huwag Matakot - The TasteAsia Event 2 August 28, 2007 at 5:54 am

[…] Runway2 Reality: Bloggers in Focus, Taste Asia Taste Asia Part II, Simply Fabulous Paul’s Blog Touched by an Angel Pinoy Food Photoblog Laurganism Bakla Ako, May Reklamo Manuel Viloria The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (live blog) The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (retrospective) Geeky Guide to Nearly Everything Takbo! (sa wakas ng pagkatuliro) Macuha.com Utakgago Magikel Dax’s Site Ganns Deen Roaming Around with Romela Cliquebooth Real People / Real Style (girls) Real People / Real Style (boys) Pinoy Moms Network Teacher Julie Atheista.net Abuggedlife.com Justwandering.org Jehzlau Concepts Prudence and Madness Refineme.org Scrooch Chronicles AnitoKid Mike Villar: Rising Internet Star TJ Cafuir Loida de Vera Mon’s World The Four Eyed Journal The Disastrous Urban Primadonna Pinoymoneytalk.com Pinoy Blog Machine SM Hypermarket Byahilo Tainted Song Bababa ba? Half the World Away Noisy Noisy Man Chickenmafia.com Penny for Your Thoughts Lastleaf.org Baratillo.net Angel’s Sentiments I. Am. Chef. iMom The Parody Sexy Nomad Fritzified.com Our Awesome Planet Style Manila […]

• Reply Lans August 31, 2007 at 5:24 pm

dami din pala umattend dun sa taste asia

• Reply Shari September 4, 2007 at 5:58 pm

Helgrrr wanted to meet me?! Huzzah!

I didn’t see you there! I stayed till, like, 1am? Geesh!

• Reply A Long Overdue Long Story « MISTERYOSA | Views and reviews of a Filipina September 15, 2007 at 5:43 am

[…] Alan was still there when my brother and I arrived (after saying that he’d leave at 9PM, hehe). I saw Ate Apples and Kuya Chris, the blogger couple I love and admire. Doc Tess, Eric, and LA completed the “intimate” circle. I didn’t see Helga, who surprisingly wanted to meet me (I would’ve challenged her to a “who has the bigger beer belly now, bitch?” match). It was Joe’s first blogger event, huzzah! […]

• Reply » Taste Asia at SM Hypermarket | justwandering.org September 15, 2007 at 10:24 pm

[…] Other Taste Asia attendees are: An Apple a Day Paul’s Blog Touched by an Angel Pinoy Food Photoblog Laurganism Bakla Ako, May Reklamo Manuel Viloria The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (live blog) The Lonely Vampire Chronicles (retrospective) Geeky Guide to Nearly Everything Takbo! (sa wakas ng pagkatuliro) Macuha.com Utakgago Magikel Dax’s Site Ganns Deen Roaming Around with Romela Cliquebooth Real People / Real Style (girls) Real People / Real Style (boys) Pinoy Moms Network Teacher Julie Atheista.net Abuggedlife.com Jehzlau Concepts Prudence and Madness Refineme.org Scrooch Chronicles AnitoKid Mike Villar: Rising Internet Star TJ Cafuir Loida de Vera Mon’s World The Four Eyed Journal The Disastrous Urban Primadonna Pinoymoneytalk.com Pinoy Blog Machine SM Hypermarket Byahilo Tainted Song Bababa ba? Half the World Away Noisy Noisy Man Chickenmafia.com Penny for Your Thoughts Lastleaf.org […]