behind the scenes

Bye, Baby Cat

I was lying in bed yesterday morning, fighting off consciousness and willing myself to sleep (because it was, what, 9 in the morning and I needed to be up by 5 pm if I wanted to get to work on time?) when I heard my phone’s message alert tone go off. Because I know my sleeping habits well enough to know that it would take the Armageddon to rouse me from my slumber, I keep my phone a few good feet away from me whenever I sleep— if only to ensure that when the alarm goes off, I will be forced awake and out of my bed to turn the damn thing off.

So my phone sounds off and the first thing I think is “Oh wow, people are up Twittering early today”. I wait for the barrage of messages to come in, but that was it. Not the least bit sleepy, I unearth myself from under my comforter, kneel on the edge of my bed, and reach for my phone which was sitting on top of my pink plastic dresser.

It was my mom, telling me that Munky was dead.

Bye, baby cat. I miss you :(

(He was really my mom’s cat and she told me he went missing last Saturday and they were thinking someone catnapped him. My dad found Munky decomposing in our car port Tuesday, after being told by their laundry lady that she smelled something funny the previous day.

I wish someone just stole him from us, really :( At least he’d still be alive. Fleh.)

Third cat of ours to die. It’s funny how I’ve gotten used to the initial shock and pain of losing a family pet. I’m handling this better than that time when MY Bunso died, January last year.

• Reply alohapenny September 27, 2007 at 4:37 am

awwww…helgrrr… *hug*

• Reply niki September 27, 2007 at 8:31 am

it’s so sad when a family pet dies. my dog died last year too and i can still remember the way he looked at me before i left for work and my heart aches. =(

• Reply Dante September 27, 2007 at 9:22 am

• Reply Baddie September 27, 2007 at 11:12 am

The first time I lost a pet, I took it so hard that I never loved another since then. I’m loyal like that.

• Reply Helga September 27, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Same story here, actually. I didn’t love our other cats the way I loved Bunso. But I luffles them all :(

PS: my dad’s pet chicken Tinola died a while ago. He never wanted to get a new chicken after her…well, until he’d moved on. Which he hasn’t Cute.

• Reply Juice September 27, 2007 at 11:39 am

I remember my first pet dog died because he go too old na and nobody even told me about so when I went back to Phil I asked everyone where my dog was and I was devastated to know that he was dead na pala and no one told me :(

RIP to your cat.

• Reply Christine September 27, 2007 at 12:07 pm

I’m so sorry about your kitty :( It was a pretty cat.

• Reply Pau September 27, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Reminds me that our family pet, a golden retriever named Booba, is nearing the end of her time with us.

• Reply chase September 27, 2007 at 3:28 pm

I am sorry to hear about your pet cat. I had 5 dogs and all of them died one by one.

• Reply Prudence September 27, 2007 at 4:26 pm

He’s cute.

Sorry about your cat. I know how it feels to lose one, because I’ve lost my little kitty last June. Well now, I’ve got one cat (the brother) and 3 kitties which are semi-residents of the house. Maybe you could get a new pet.

• Reply Helga September 27, 2007 at 8:12 pm

We have lots of kitties and 2 dogs haha. My mom said the mommy cat and the mommy dog are both pregnant again. Munky was speshul, cos he was a spoiled brat :(

• Reply Skye September 27, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss… but I honestly don’t feel any kind of sorrow with dead cats. Sad to say, I’m not a fan of cats. But I do hope you’ll feel better. I was also quite shocked when I woke up one morning to see both of my guinea pigs dead. :(

• Reply mara September 27, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I’m always ranting to my parents that we have too many dogs (hello! 11 of them!), but I know I’ll cry like a bitch if one of them dies.

• Reply Stacii September 28, 2007 at 1:05 am

Oh no, I’m really sorry to hear about Munky. That’s such a cute picture. I never got anymore pets because I don’t like dealing with their deaths :(

• Reply Beejing September 28, 2007 at 6:31 am

OMG. Sorry to hear that. I lost my dog May this year, the sad thing was – I wasn’t able to attend the burial :(. And oh… March of this year my pet rabbit was killed by a neighbor’s dog which in turn I poisoned. :D

• Reply crisel September 28, 2007 at 1:04 pm

the cat was lovely. im sorry to hear that.
    oh well, i’m sure he has been a good pet to all of you. :)

• Reply thegreatest September 29, 2007 at 2:13 pm

A chicken named Tinola knows its own fate.

I swear I didn’t shoot your cat, you can’t prove I was anywhere in the area. =)

Seriously, really sorry about Munky =(