behind the scenes

Hello, Little Cat!

Hello cat owners, I have a question: does your cat or do your cats like to hang out near your computer or laptop while you’re on it? Like, right smack on top of your keyboard or mouse? The way that Peachy aka Cockroach Breaf does (and Bobby, too, even though he’s too old for that)? She’s obviously not doing that in these photos here— but if you look up and see my Flickr feed, first photo from the left? Uh-huh.

Meow. I lovesh my baby kitteh. That’s all. She’s so cute, she should be used on custom promotional products lol.

• Reply Laarni March 15, 2008 at 8:03 am

aww cute. We don’t own a cat here because we have large two dogs here. lol.

• Reply thegreatest March 15, 2008 at 9:00 am

well whaddaya know, she sleeps just like you…hehehe. Just add blanket and granny pannies =p

• Reply Helga March 15, 2008 at 2:34 pm

…g…granny pannies??? YOU LIE!!!! :(

• Reply alice cancio March 26, 2008 at 3:17 pm

hoy chaka ka! kilala kita. nakita na kita ng picture, malaki ang iyong putoys

hey ugly you! i know you! i’ve seen the whole of you (the stick with the hole). no direct translation applicable for the last sentence

• Reply Stacy March 15, 2008 at 12:49 pm

kitteehhhhzzz!!! :D

the last one is adorable :)

• Reply Juice March 15, 2008 at 2:17 pm

I’m not a big fan of cats, but that srsly the cutest cat I’ve seen. Awwwzz.

• Reply crisel March 15, 2008 at 6:40 pm

i’m not sure if this applies but cats do love the warmth.. prolly your cat loves the warmth emitting from your laptop. =p

love your cat! :)

• Reply A March 15, 2008 at 8:04 pm

my cat does that too… he even likes to stare at the computer monitor as if he understands a single thing… wait… or maybe he does?

• Reply Tasha March 15, 2008 at 10:45 pm

your baby is so cute, i want cuddles now! :-(

• Reply Ching March 15, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Our cats do that too. Oscar likes to lay on top of the monitor also. It’s like his bed or something.

And it’s not just cats either. My dog likes to lay next to my laptop when I’m in bed and rest her head on the keyboard. I so want to disable my F1 key because everytime she does it the help screen comes up. =P

• Reply Baddie March 15, 2008 at 10:49 pm

• Reply Nightdreamer March 15, 2008 at 11:10 pm

You know that “Power” key most new keyboards have? I think the one who invented that never owned a cat.

I also read from Reader’s Digest that one Ig Noble Prize winner (that’s like Noble Prize, except it’s the exact opposite) is a program made to kitty-proof a keyboard. Basically, if a keyboard is kitty-proofed, the computer won’t accept whatever gibberish is typed. To re-enable it, one has to type a password. The default password is “kitty”.

And that is your useless knowledge for the day.

And damn, your cat is cute! I want to have one too. Hmm, maybe I should go to Beijing cat-pound and plead for their life!

• Reply Laarni March 16, 2008 at 9:49 am

I dig this. :p

oh btw, helga, what plugin do you use here for quoting a comment? gimme gimme!

• Reply Helga March 16, 2008 at 8:18 pm

Quoting a comment what?

• Reply Joni March 16, 2008 at 12:10 am

I think your kitteh wants to be on LOLcats! :)

• Reply Tracy March 16, 2008 at 12:28 am

Ok, I want a cat now again! SooooOOoo cute!!!1111

• Reply Crystal March 16, 2008 at 3:10 am

You have a beautiful cat!

• Reply Miss Jo March 16, 2008 at 7:48 am

yup muh kitteh walks all over muh laptop. when i got muh iMac she stood in front of it and sniffed around. strange kitty :D

• Reply michelle March 16, 2008 at 10:14 am

AWWW SO CUTEEEE!! my dogs sleep under the couch or on my slippers because they’re sooo fuzzy! haha.

• Reply lorin March 17, 2008 at 10:11 am

my bf used to have cats and they would sleep on top of the monitor (they sometimes fall off and land on the keyboard) or one of ’em would sit on top of the monitor and swing its tail in front of the screen ala windshield wiper.
    suffice to say, uber uber cute.

• Reply Liz March 17, 2008 at 1:48 pm

awww.. cute kitty!

am gonna get my kitteh this coming Thursday. i am excited. finally, i’m gonna have something to distract me at home.

• Reply Jem March 17, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Cats have an this inbuilt desire to be the centre of attention. My Hex shows the typical signs… if I’m on my laptop, he has to sit on my laptop; if I’m reading a book, he has to sit in front of the book; if I getting stuff out of the fridge, he has to climb in the fridge.

They’re such attention whores :3