tv, movies, books, music etc

On Gossip Girl 17: Woman on the Verge

Now I know that I am some days late; I hail from the wonderful wonderful Third World. Thank god for torrents. Moving on.

First, I am absolutely pleased at the obvious absence of little J in this episode. I have never liked her character and episode 16— All About My Brother— was by far the sweetest episode, in terms of girly evil and pwnage (Team Blair!).

Come to think of it: I dislike all Humphries, Rufus being the most tolerable of all three. In episode 17, Lonely Boy Dan (aka New York’s finest judgmental prick) makes a good job of showing just how stupid he is. Look at it this way: Vanessa, who is only Dan’s best friend, warns him about Sarah/Georgina. If there were any more to Dan than academic smarts, he’d have, I don’t know, listened to Vanessa and been wary of G, right? Wrong.

What Doofus Dan does is to completely soak up G’s sob story about some crazy ex of hers and how she’s been falling for him ever since the day they met. Awww. He then invites G to go find “a quiet place” where they “can talk”. It is not surprising that G kisses Dan, AND BECAUSE HE IS A STUPID STUPID BOY, I wasn’t surprised at all when he initiated the second kiss. And he was sober, too! A broken heart is not an excuse, Lonely Boy. He totally deserves to be duped by the psychotic Georgina Sparks.

I found Serena extremely taxing this episode, and all I could think about is how much I wanted to bonk her in the head with something very very painful. I gathered from the last episode that the sex tape slash murder that she was involved in couldn’t be that bad. It wasn’t, and she confronts the dead dude’s parents off screen. In the Upper East Side, explaining things to the boy you love trumps murder and all that jazz, kids. I’ve seen the trailer for the season finale (Much I Do About Nothing) and I’m happy that Serena has finally found the guts to speak to Georgina in a non-soppy, non-sissy manner (Doofus Dan actually had to restrain her!).

After several episodes, we finally get to see Blair, Chuck, Nate, and Serena together again. I shit you not when I say that my heart swelled when all four of them were in the Waldorf penthouse. Blair shows just what an awesome and dependable friend she is; she’s finally gotten over herself. I love love love! that part where they were all trying to convince S to tell them what was happening by giving examples of how none of them are saints.

Blair: With vomit hair, making out with investment bankers in the men’s room at PJ Clark’s…you don’t have to hide anything from us.
Nate: Blah blah blah, look at how pretty I am, but I do bad things, too.
Blair: *points to Chuck* Yeah, I had sex with him in the back of a limo.
Chuck: Several times.
Nate: I had sex with you at a wedding, while I was her date. *looks at Chuck* Once.
Blair: *gives Chuck this look of pure cuteness*

Blair Waldorf

Chuck: I’m Chuck Bass.

And then there was this part:

Blair Waldorf

Chuck Bass: What’s gotten into you?

BLUCK/CHAIR, yes??? ♥♥♥

What I didn’t like about the episode: Rufus and Lily…kissing!

Overall, it was a good episode and I can’t wait for the season finale where I am hoping that, in the name of all things good, holy, and sacred, Blair will unleash all her evil on Georgina. As lover said re: Blair, after seeing GG16: can’t fuck with the heavy guns.

And look! Blake Lively/Serena has huge tits!

Blake Lively tits

• Reply brit. May 15, 2008 at 1:11 am

I actually watched this episode with my boyfriend and he was totally into it. Guessing what would happen next and stuff. Too cute.

Blair is my favorite character. She keeps it real, and she has great style. And I hate to admit it, but I love her bitchiness.

Dan used to be my second favorite character until that episode. Now he pisses me off.

And Serena and Blair need to seriously mollywop Georgina. Hell, Vanessa should join in to. That would be soooo kewl.

• Reply thegreatest May 15, 2008 at 1:22 am

I was going to say something but the tits distracted me.

Wonder what Lil’ Bitch Dan’s bra size is?

• Reply thegreatest May 15, 2008 at 1:29 am

“…murder and all that jazz…”

Loved the multi-level Chicago reference there, zing!

• Reply Abbie May 15, 2008 at 5:44 am

Can’t wait for the Season Finale, too. :) Agree with you on all points (except maybe the Lily-Rufus kissing part, hehe!)

• Reply tiff May 15, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Gossip Girls? Is that the new craze?

What are those? =/

• Reply Cecile Maris May 16, 2008 at 12:18 am

We all deserved that break from Little J. Big relief. I am looking forward to the season finale. Spoilers say it’s gonna be an explosive episode.:D

• Reply alohapenny May 16, 2008 at 5:20 am

Oh! I love Blairrrr!!!

• Reply Doms May 16, 2008 at 9:11 am

Gahd, that was a good episode. My throat was sore from all the screaming at the end when everybody started kissing.

Also, Chuck is miiiiiine. :(

• Reply sam May 16, 2008 at 12:48 pm

OMG chuck bass ftw
    he’s my favorite character on the show, he’s just who he is and he has the right to say i am chuck bass!!! hahahahaha

serena’s so dumb, dan’s equally stupid, vanessa is such a major hypocrite, little j is beyond ugly and bratty, blair’s hot, rufus and lily should just get it over with–what’s up with the fabfour why can’t they trump G???

cant wait!

• Reply Enzo May 16, 2008 at 1:39 pm

I love Gossip Girl to bits! And Chuck Bass. :lol:

As much as I used to hate Jenny for being the motherfucking social climbing bitch that she is, I actually pity her during Episode 16, when she personally went to Blair and surrendered.

• Reply Enzo May 16, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Oh, and btw, you can watch Gossip Girl episodes the day they air in the US on Sidereel. Way better than torrents.

• Reply Laarni May 16, 2008 at 2:15 pm

off topic, sry.

I SENT you an email!

• Reply Juice May 16, 2008 at 3:26 pm

AYLAV CHARLES BASS!!! He makes my bra go *SNAP*!!

That part when they were all together was just priceless. Best/worst episode evaar this one. I hate Jenny Humphrey. I also kinda like Nate & Vanessa. Teehee. Rufus and Lily: give them their last passionate sex, they need it!! Hahaha.

• Reply Katy May 16, 2008 at 4:28 pm

K I didn’t read that entry because I haven’t watched Gossip Girl since before the strike! Ahh don’t want any spoilers. =P

• Reply mentholguy May 17, 2008 at 9:13 am

Oh, so that Gossip Girl thing’s in Manhattan’s Upper East Side where rich kids thrive!

Dammit, never thought of it really.

• Reply sissy girly boy July 31, 2008 at 8:55 pm