tv, movies, books, music etc

Oh Logan and Veronica

Over a year after being canceled, I finally got around to watching the last ten episodes of Veronica Mars’ final season. Quite honestly, the show has left me feeling like a mopey kid— I actually teared up when Albert Hammond’s It Never Rains In Southern California played as Veronica walked away in the rain and the scene faded out (naturally, my hatred for the CW was rekindled. Fangirls never get over these things, really).

But what ultimately crushed my heart is seeing Logan and Veronica dating other people (and Parker and Piz, of all people! Parker reminded me too much of Meg Manning and Piz is just so bland and boring. Emotional bad boys over music elitist slash radio geeks any day, please) and not getting back together. There is no love more epic than my favorite TV supercouple’s— it was the kind of love I once coveted— and it’s just not right that it had to end that way. It would be silly and futile to rant about that, though, so I leave you with two video clips.

Their first kiss (I still tear up and get giddy):

Veronica and Piz kiss at a party Logan threw for Parker (my heart, it stopped):

Off to mope I go.

Medical diagnostics, what?

• Reply Also a fan June 22, 2008 at 6:50 pm

I’m a huge fan, too. I have DVD copies of the three seasons. I have screen captures of all scenes that I really love. I made an excel file of all the episodes, what they’re about. I have a list of all my favorite Logan and Veronica quotes, and I also made an excel file of it so I can see which episode they belong.

Yeah, big fan. That’s me.

And I started to watch Moonlight and Heroes only because Jason and Kristen are there.

• Reply Shen-Shen June 22, 2008 at 8:21 pm

I’m not a fan of Veronica Mars, but I love Kristen Bell!

• Reply J June 23, 2008 at 2:13 am

Kristen Bell always reminds me of the girl my ex dated after me. So pretty. Did you know K Bell doesn’t even work out much? She’s just a vegetarian, or so I read awhile back.

It’s crazy how much an impact a TV show can have on your life.

• Reply Enzo June 23, 2008 at 7:18 pm

I never really got into Veronica Mars; it’s too complicated to follow the series in the middle of some season and I’m too lazy to watch it from the first episode!

But it is fun rummaging through old TV shows. The finale of Friends still make me cry.

The CW sucks monkey balls

• Reply Lexie June 24, 2008 at 8:10 am

I didn’t like Piz. I thought he looked too… dumb.

• Reply Katy June 24, 2008 at 1:14 pm

Oooh I’m thinking… “do I need to go watch Veronica Mars now?!” I’m soo tempted, especially since I don’t have to go back to work until Friday!

• Reply Michelle June 25, 2008 at 1:47 am

kristen bell’s so pretty. i would’ve watched veronica mars but CW is on regular cable and our regular cable SUCKS! so i kept watching will and grace instead. lol

• Reply brit. June 25, 2008 at 1:49 am

I never got a chance to watch the darn show. Well, at least that chick will keep gracing us with her lovely Gossip Girl voice.

• Reply Therese June 25, 2008 at 8:54 am

why didn’t you watch it sooner? I couldn’t stop moping about the end for a week :(

• Reply Miss Dre June 25, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I haven’t even seen the last season :(

• Reply Julia June 26, 2008 at 1:30 am

Remember how I bought season 1? I still haven’t started watching it. And from the few episodes I’ve seen in the past, I really dig this show. What gives??!

But yeah… a long time ago, there was that show Roswell that made me feel the same way. It was only 3 seasons long, for some reason, and they pulled the plug on it so the last season was totally rushed. It was a great last season, but my gosh…

• Reply Diane June 29, 2008 at 8:42 pm

I love Veronica Mars! Oh, I didn’t know they broke up in the end. I only watched the first three episodes of season 2. Saaaaaaaaad.

• Reply tish July 1, 2008 at 5:19 pm

i love veronica mars!!! too bad they cancelled the show. grrr…