- I read up on CLA today and I was thisclose to purchasing a bottle of Orovo because I am seriously considering going back to taking diet pills. I know that diet pills don’t deliver long-term results and I don’t care because that’s exactly what I need right now: a quick fix. I’ve cut down on my food intake (specifically rice) this week and though I’m not exactly Miss Active Lifestyle, I am far from sedentary (if you must know, I do a lot of walking). So why won’t this stupid belly go away? It’s making me cranky.
- You know what I need— not want— ASAP? A massage. Some time early this week and for no apparent reason at all, four areas (equaling the whole of) of my back decide to start hurting. It’s highly unpleasant.
- I also need to stop being late for work because it’s starting to take a swipe at my wallet. Some weeks ago, our HR dudes and dudettes implemented an attendance policy with hopes of motivating us folks to come in on time: for every 15 minutes you’re late, you pay 20 pesos*. Not exactly a princely sum but when you’re chronically late (like I am because of the stupid area I live in), it kinda hurts. I don’t want to think about the amount of money I’ve been fined.
- The desire to shop ’til I drop (or ’til I’m bankrupt) has been replaced by a hankering to spice things up a bit. Starting with my hair. If I didn’t hate attention, I’d have dyed my hair blonde a long time ago.
- After six months of living with my folks, I am finally moving out. The brother and I found a two-bedroom apartment in an area I once was deathly afraid of when I was but a young girl (ok, I was seventeen and had just moved to the big city. No, I did not have a cow named Glenda with me). I have yet to get a feel of the place (I hope it isn’t as ghetto as what has been ingrained in my mind), so please wish me luck that I quickly find the quickest, most painless route from my soon-to-be home to work. If anything, I’ll be right next to Katipunan. MEATSHOP**, HELLO!
- …or maybe not. I’m guessing if I want to be The Best Person I Can Be, I’d have to find a happy balance of my previous (very very fun and very very exciting. Like in the thesaurus, under ‘fun’ and ‘exciting’, ‘Helga’s previous lifestyle’ is listed***) lifestyle with my current one (boring, working thing), I’d need to say good-bye to certain elements of my past. I don’t know what the hell I just said but my point is: I’ve outgrown that whole drunken (post-)college girl thing.
- It’s Halloween season and I had SO MUCH plans and now they all have to take a backseat. I am not happy about this but it’s a small price to pay for having my own place. I have somewhere to hide those little Chinese boys I’ve been nabbing in the Greenhills area now, yey!
*Just to give you an idea: I can buy a pack of Marlboro 10s with 20 pesos.
**Neighborhood beer garden that serves cheap beer and cheap, good barbecue.
***I have proof but I’m too lazy to Photoshop right now.