Christmas Wishlist

Part 1 is all books, books, and books.

The following Francesca Lia Block books (I finally got my first FLB book today, I Was A Teenage Fairy. I can’t wait to get my ass home, curl up in a corner, and try to read it in a span of two or three hours):

• Ecstasia
  • Nymph
  • Girl Goddess #9: Nine Stories
  • Primavera
  • Psyche in a Dress
  • Wasteland

I’d buy all these books in a heartbeat (but not all at the same time, maybe half of the list every credit card cut-off heh) if only shipping didn’t cost so much.

Aaaaand a picture. It’s blurry, but my shirt says “Santa Claus is a Pedophile”.

Santa Claus is a Pedophile

Read about car insurance here :)

• Reply Gel November 18, 2008 at 7:05 pm

I never was (and I guess never will be? :s) fond of books. I know it’s a bad thing but i’m still HOPING that i’ll be a bookworm in the future. Hehe :p

You’re gonna have those books shipped eh? Aren’t they available here in the country?

• Reply Gel November 18, 2008 at 7:06 pm

OH I LOVE YOUR SHIRT BTW HAHAHA AND THAT POSE!!! :D Sorry delayed reaction haha I didn’t see the pic at first.

• Reply Jewel November 18, 2008 at 7:11 pm

I just wanted to say: OMG I LOVE YOUR SHIRT!!! :D

• Reply Helga November 18, 2008 at 7:18 pm

It was actually Drew’s and we tore it apart last night XD

• Reply tiff November 19, 2008 at 2:50 am

You are hot-sauce. :)

• Reply Katy November 19, 2008 at 4:40 am

You know what I think we should do… organize a huge secret santa.. that would be fun!

• Reply Kevin November 19, 2008 at 9:01 am

I recently bought Speak a couple of weeks ago at National Bookstore’s SALE section. I bought it at 55. :D Haha. Pretty cheap!

A friend told me it’s a good read. Not really that remarkable a book but still a good read. :p

My literary wishlist is almost never-ending.

• Reply Abby November 19, 2008 at 10:45 am

i have a credit card bill to settle pa rin heehee~ anyways, it’s really tempting to buy books online although the downside would be the shipping cost which is like buying one book na rin. tsktsk…

• Reply L.V. November 19, 2008 at 11:16 am

LOLz. Your shirt iz evul.

I got curious about the FLB books. :-) *googles*

• Reply Nikka November 19, 2008 at 7:26 pm

I think the movie Speak is available on Youtube

• Reply BrianB November 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm

To save money, I’ve started reading Finnegan’s Wake… 6 months ago. It’ll last me a couple more years so that’s like a thousand pesos on books instead of 200 thousand. Smart, right?

• Reply Amy November 20, 2008 at 5:14 am

i love FLB@

i wish i was a teenage fairy and girl goddess #9 were my faves.

ectasia was one of my wow character names. hahahah.

• Reply alohapenny November 20, 2008 at 5:17 am

That’s a lot of books! Oi i love this picture! Also, you look like someone from abs-cbn http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7800/untitled87ao0.png

• Reply kenna November 20, 2008 at 10:26 am

I like the list… :)

• Reply Michelle November 20, 2008 at 4:10 pm

LMAO at the shirt!

Speak was a good movie; I never read the book though. I assume it’s better than the movie!

Oh, and since you *like* Asian American-themed books, try reading The Gangster of Love by Jessica Hagedorn, When the Elephants Dance b Tess Uriza-Holthe, and The Accidental Asian by Eric Liu. lol I had to read them for my Asian American classes but surprisingly, I liked them.

• Reply Monique November 20, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Haha we both want a lot of books for christmas this year. Thanks for the comment about my mom’s wedding plans.

• Reply Malin November 21, 2008 at 6:11 am

Your t-shirt rocks! I have always thought of Santa as a dirty old man ;)

• Reply Destiny November 21, 2008 at 12:04 pm

If part 1 is all books, I wonder what the other parts are??? Hehehe, I would totally not mind books for Xmas, but I haven’t even thought of what I wanted. I think I’m fairly content this year. ^_^
    I love your shirt!! HAHA it cracked me up

• Reply dementia December 8, 2008 at 12:23 am

Block is one of my favorite authors. I think I have an extra copy of Hanged Man somewhere. If I manage to find it I’ll give it to you