I know I should probably write about the year that was, if only to make things proper and not rock the status quo (aka, to be like everybody else) but I’m lazy (and really sleepy, considering I woke up at 620am today and I didn’t exactly go to bed last night early nor sober) and hungry (despite having a rice meal some 7 hours ago. Also, I am craving for Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, something that I can’t get at the convenience stores in my area). Now before I start writing any more really long sentences peppered with parentheses, here are my goals for Twenty-Oh-Nine (and no, I say two-thousand-nine, not twenty-oh-nine) (LAUGHING IS NOT ALLOWED):
1) Upload at least 4000 pictures to my Flickr account and perhaps get at least 50,000 views. Current stats: 1,170 items / 36,181 views. Bah. And I’ve had my Flickr since 2004 (back when the monthly upload limit was 10MB!).
2) No more than three alcoholic drinks a night. Absolutely no rolling over of unconsumed drinks to the weekend. I think.
3) Will not skip work will not skip work will not skip work unless I really really have to.
4) Read more books. Actually read the books I buy.
5) Go on more planned or unplanned trips with friends! There’s a long weekend coming up next month, who’s up for something!
6) Learn a new, geeky skill. I announced on Plurk some time last year that 2009 will be the year I learn Python but since I deleted that Plurk account and because I am deathly afraid of snakes (I am the queen of lame excuses), I need other options. Maybe I should just suck it up and give Flash one more shot. Maybe.
7) Have at least 400 blog entries for ditz-rev.
8) Stay offline for a whole weekend (and not go crazy while at it).
9) Compose a rap song.
10) Have a really fantastic 24th birthday.
11) Complete my Project365.
Gosh, what a very uninteresting list, as interesting as getting an auto insurance quote.