1. Never put on shoes standing up when you’re in a hurry. Especially when you’re a bit of a clumsy bird like me.
2. Never pick a fight with your boyfriend at 5 in the morning. You’ll have to go back to sleep in a sour mood and then you’d accidentally bang the back of your head on a wall and all the emo-schmemo tears you’ve been fighting back will come a-flowing and you’ll wake up three hours later (because you spent an hour fighting and bawling into your pillow) with a splitting headache and frog eyes.
3. Think twice before putting out your cigarette in that beer can. Especially when you’ve just opened it.
4. Eight in the evening is actually a better time to take the north-bound MRT, compared to 930pm. Less people, for some odd reason.
5. This sleazebag goes to work a little past the time I leave work and head home. I ran into him again tonight and for a split-second, I forgot who he was and mistook him for someone else (a friend’s younger brother). I almost said hi, but I caught myself. Yes, he saw me, too.
6. Taking self-portraits of yourself upside down is tough business, especially when you don’t have enough space. It is also not my best angle.
7. Silk ties are pretty little things.
8. It seems that I’ve mellowed down A LOT these days. Or maybe I’m just really good at keeping my anger to myself. I sometimes smile in amusement during my morning commute to work because I carry these hostile conversations in my head. It’s better, I say, than whacking that asshat blocking my way with my umbrella (something I used to do, but with great subtlety).
9. Bayani Fernando and his Metro Gwapo project is making me hate the color pink.