behind the scenes

Pet Peeves

Katy posted a short list of her pet peeves over at her blog and I thought I’d follow suit (you’ll see me doing this a lot from now on, taking my cue from fellow bloggers re: topics) and post a list of my own. Like Katy, I’ve mellowed down a lot and am no longer the angry, short-tempered person I used to be. That doesn’t mean I don’t get pissed off by things, though!

People who do nothing but bitchbitchbitchbitch! online. Slap me with a pan if I become someone like this. I’m not saying that I don’t rant on my social network profiles or internet accounts because I do, but not constantly. I’m also aware that a lot of people use the internet to air out their offline frustrations but if that’s what you’re using the internet solely for, it gets really old.

When people impose their narrow-minded ideals and values on you. They’re just as bad as homophobes or bible-thumping Christians. Sometimes, they don’t even know it.

People who block the way. Maybe they don’t realize it or maybe they’re just too stupid to be aware that they’re inconveniencing other people so here’s a tip: if it’s an area that gets a lot of foot traffic, move to the side and out of the way if you feel the sudden urge to stop walking. Don’t just come to a halt and decide to text right there because I will intentionally come crashing onto the arm you’re holding your cellphone with.

Trying to be characters from Gossip Girl. It’s just ridiculous, especially in middle-class Philippines.

Ellipses used improperly. I don’t get it… why type your sentences like this… What are you omitting… I once asked someone why he typed like this… He said it was sweet… I… don’t… get… it…

Crazy Philippine weather. It’s November– the weather is supposed to be nippy, yet it feels like summer. The heat doesn’t make it feel like Christmas is less than a month away =(

“Shiznit”, “Biyatch/Biatch”, “Effing/Effin/F*cking” Two issues. First: I’m all for trimming the fat when it comes to words; with the exception of the last, why bother with “shiznit” and “biyatch/biatch” when you can just say “shit” or “bitch”? They’re a syllable and a few letters shorter. Easier to type and say. Second: oh, so you’re not comfortable saying “bad words”? Sorry to break it to ya, but cutesifying a curse word doesn’t make it any less a curse word. Also, how old are you? Two?

What are your pet peeves?

• Reply Ade November 17, 2009 at 4:48 pm

People who announce every fucking street they’re on in microblogs.

• Reply darliza November 17, 2009 at 5:21 pm

People who text you everything they do like you were following them on twitter (but you aren’t).

• Reply Gel November 17, 2009 at 5:24 pm

It ticks me off when people post and album containing hundreds of photos of themselves WITH THE SAME ANGLE.

I also find it rather funny when people become OC with other people’s grammatical errors when they themselves are barok, too -_-

• Reply Gel November 17, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Oh and may I add… those awful-looking watermarks, too O_o Especially when people have this tendency of adding a watermark even on an ordinary group photo which looks like it was taken with a regular point and shoot hahaha.

• Reply Helga November 17, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I need to do a part 2, those two you mentioned are part of my pet peeves, too hrhrhrhr

• Reply Mara November 17, 2009 at 5:57 pm

People who cut lines, or cut me off on the road without using their turn signals.

• Reply Carina November 17, 2009 at 10:21 pm

I really can’t say the ‘f’ word so I use the BSG version~* But IA, shiznit is awful. Even more awful when it is pluralized to shiznits. /ded

People who block the way. SERIOUSLY. Or people who walk very slowly in groups in front of me, and I can’t overtake because they take up the whole frakking row.

… < also this.

OK, I am done agreeing now.

• Reply Amy November 17, 2009 at 10:56 pm

i hate people who stand in the way as well. assholes!

i’ve just written a pet peeves post stolen from Katy as well but one of them included: CHEAP PEOPLE and people who don’t eat meat. yea, i’m still an angry person! I’ve probably mellowed out like you guys but not that much which is kinda sad. haha

• Reply Holly November 18, 2009 at 5:06 am

LOL at the bitching at stuff online. That pisses me off too. :/

• Reply spunkyduckling November 19, 2009 at 7:30 am

I’ve got my own pet peeves from home someone littering on the online on twitter when people just want me to pay attention to them to home like seeing dirty dishes in the sink or unrine on the toilet seat arrrggghh…it can really irk me out! But I’ve learned to
    Train My Pet Peeves as talking about it doesn’t help as much as putting it into action.

• Reply Aldo November 21, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Trying to be characters from Gossip Girl.

• Reply DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET by Helga Weber | Filipina blogger and web designer » PET PEEVES, PART 2. February 25, 2010 at 9:35 pm

[…] recently resurrected Man Blog Forums, I realized that I have a good number of pet peeves. I made a short list some time ago and I guess there’s a burning need to make another one. This one’s a bit […]