A (Very Serious) Christmas Wishlist, Part II

Some time ago, I posted a stupid Christmas wishlist. Though I seriously do want a pink typewriter (or any typewriter, for that matter, so long as it clacks noisily, dings loudly and so long as it works), I must say I can do without the others I wrote in there. Now that Christmas is a little over a month away, I thought I’d write down a few things that I would be more than joyful to receive (nevermind that there is only one person out there who would actually bother ♥). This list is devoid of wishful thinking (i.e. a dSLR, a Wii, a new laptop).

1. The gift of Hanson, preferably the Strong Enough to Break DVD and/or Middle of Nowhere Acoustic. I will not like (but will still accept LOL, maybe) pirated copies as I love these boys dearly and feel terrible “stealing” from them.

Hanson Christmas

2. The gift of Hannah Montana. I am serious. I would like stickers, a lunch box, a cardboard cutout etc etc. Anything with Miley/Hannah, better if it’s pink and sparkly.

3. Rosaries. I am not Catholic, I do not pray, the last time I went to mass was at my junior year college retreat, and I never learned how to do the whole rosary thing. But I want rosaries, the none glow-in-the-dark-green kind, and lots of it.

4. A very large world map, larger than the width of my outstretched arms.

large world map

5. Animal masks and/or animal head pieces. The lion head piece belongs to a boy named David, he says he got it from Toy Kingdom. When, I do not know. This year, I hope.

animal head piece

6. A book on origami + origami paper and yarn or rope.

7. All the listed recordings of Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered. I already have Celine Dion’s and Silje Nergaard’s. I do not like Rufus Wainwright’s version =/

8. A drawing of a child holding a colorless balloon while walking his pet crocodile down the street.

9. A beret/beanie/skullie in red or bright blue! Knitted and very cute, of course.

10. A Dr Seuss book. Any would do, better if secondhand/pre-owned with a stranger-child’s scribbles all over. My favorite is Happy Birthday To You! which my dad got for my ninth (I think) birthday. I loved that book to bits, it felt bigger than my little girl self.

Dr Seuss Happy Birthday To You

11. All the liempo I can eat (and more). I admit, I am kind of starving as I type this and this is merely my hunger speaking. Liempo is always welcome, though.

12. You, you, YOU. Christmas and New Year’s with you.

• Reply thegreatest November 20, 2009 at 11:25 pm

• Reply Christine November 21, 2009 at 8:21 am

That’s a very interesting wish list :P i have to admit i do have some Hannah Montana sleep pants lol they were on sale for like $2 soooo.. hope your doing well sweets *hugs*

• Reply Gel November 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Your illustration for #4’s funny, Helga. Haha. I’m seeing loads of Miley Cyrus random stuff everywhere especially in department stores! Didn’t know you wanted them, haha :)

• Reply RJ November 21, 2009 at 3:20 pm

13. And world peace.

I’m collecting bracelet-rosaries to be converted to buhdda beads lol.

• Reply nix November 22, 2009 at 10:09 pm

would you accept a third-hand origami book? i got it from my mom’s friend and i used it a couple of times until i got bored with it because i couldn’t do some of the origamis

• Reply Diana Alexandra November 24, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Kath has a bunny hat.

I also have unblessed rosaries, minsan idaan ko sa iyo. Ipunin ko sila.

• Reply NIghtdreamer December 4, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I bought an Origami magazine earlier this year, in Natio (yeah, they have such mags in Japan. Unsurprising, maybe?). It has a few instructions on how to fold various paper flowers, and they always end up looking quite attractive (on pictures anyway). They’re very challenging, however, and I don’t understand a single word written in it.

But I can still give it to you, if you want.

I also have Brad Mehldau’s version of “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered” It’s purely instrumental, but maybe you’re interested?

• Reply midori March 17, 2010 at 1:08 am

I know it’s not Christmas anymore but just in case you still want an animal head piece, I can send one to you. (there’s monkey, zebra, giraffe,elephant, sad to say there’s no kitty available anymore)pick one. =)