behind the scenes

Wishful Thinking for 2010

AKA a bunch of ~New Year’s Resolutions~ I may or may not keep because I may or may not be a believer of resolutions.

1. Go blonde. Or at least get blonde highlights. The boyfriend replied with a violent NO! when I told him this. Someone’s just gotta deal.

2. Eliminate one kind of meat from my diet. Fish does not count (I barely eat fish anyway plus I can never live without sashimi/sushi), I’m never going to cut out chicken, pork is too accessible… so. Beef it is. Bye bye beef, 2010.

3. That said, only eat chicken hot dogs.

4. Stop obsessing about my weight. It seems like every damn year, I aim to lose weight/whittle my weight down to 105 pounds. I’m turning 25 this year and that has got to stop. Ever since the boyfriend and I got together, I’ve become more appreciative of my body but I still have days when I could pass for someone with BDD. Enough.

5. Take more photos and put to good use the camera I won from aka Baby Girl. A few photos I’ve taken:

Helga Weber

Lauren Dado and boyfriend

Fifi Lapin necklace

Animal Collective

LOLJK, I didn’t take that last one.

I’m learning, I’m learning.

6. Blog more here. I’m on Tumblr everyday because it’s easier to clutter that place with short, random, and stupid stuff. Now that I’m done with my Project365, maybe I’ll have time to get back to blogging.

7. I will spend more time with my family. I had such a blast with them over the holidays and I just realized how much I missed all my relatives. I barely saw any of them the past couple of years, always feigning being too busy whenever one of them had a birthday or a party (I was really just nursing a very bad hangover from the previous night and couldn’t be bothered to shower, get dressed, and travel from Point A to Point B only to get drunk again). That’s gotta change.

8. Stop biting my nails. Very unlikely.

9. Stop coming to work hungover. This roughly translates to: stop drinking so much on weeknights.

10. Learn to cook at least one soupy dish. I’m thinking tinola.

11. Wear slippers during the commute to work. Save my feet and my pretty shoesies the stress since I walk A LOT (and barely wear sneakers). Perhaps not everyday, just every now and then.

12. Work out once a week. I used to be able to work out 3-5 times a week and it’s true that once you stop and break your momentum, it gets harder to get back into it. I usually work out when I get home from work at night (I’m too bleary in the morning) which is pretty late so maybe I can work out on weekends. I’m just blabbering here (so I won’t forget) because I’m the only one who reads everything written in this blog. Kohler faucets are pretty.

13. Start my days earlier. THIS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO DO but I’m putting this here anyway. No pressure, Helga. Really.

14. Save up for something big. I don’t even know what, but it’s nice to have a goal, no matter how hazy-bordering-on-unknown lol.

• Reply Casey January 7, 2010 at 4:13 pm

You’re giving up beef?! I’m so proud of you ^_^
    We have some of the same “resolutions”… getting up early, saving for something big (travel), blog more, take more pictures. I’ll help motivate you kk.

• Reply Janine January 7, 2010 at 4:35 pm

If I gave up a meat, it would be pork, because pigs are so cute and I want one as a pet. BUT pork is also the best tasting meat on the planet.

If you learn to make new dishes, blog recipes here please! Sometimes I see ingredients at the Asian supermarkets and think of you, but can’t remember exactly what you mentioned about it.

Definitely blog here more. Tumblr is cheat blogging.

• Reply Xyla January 7, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Your resolutions are attainable naman unlike others’ resolutions na just by reading it alam mong they can’t do it. Haha! Good luck!

• Reply Anne January 7, 2010 at 5:26 pm

So I guess you’re having none of the meatballs I’m making this Saturday, then? :D

• Reply Penneh January 8, 2010 at 1:58 am

Nooooo i think she’s gonna eat the meatballs this saturday hrhrhr huyyyy upload those pictures on flickr!! Also, i think highlights would look nice! I have blonde highlights but my hair is really oily so after a few days it’s always darker hehe

• Reply Katy January 8, 2010 at 4:44 am

I don’t understand how you people can go to work hungover… I did that a couple of times and I almost died. I just couldn’t handle it! I guess I need to do it more often to become pro at it. =P

• Reply Valerie January 8, 2010 at 5:14 am

I should follow the one about getting up earlier. But I doubt I could do it anyway. I just enjoy my sleep way too much. And I also love meat, so cutting out any kind of meat would be impossible. But your resolutions are pretty attainable and realistic as a whole. Good luck!

• Reply Diana Alexandra January 8, 2010 at 8:27 am

What about ground beef? Don’t give that up! and ground beef means cheeseburgers!

I don’t eat beef, but ground beef I devour! :)

• Reply Crystal January 24, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I really LOLed at the last picture. You’re just so damn random! You should get the 50mm 1.8 lens for your Canon because it does awesome bokeh and is pretty inexpensive.

• Reply DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET by Helga Weber | Filipina blogger and web designer » 2011 Goals and Projects January 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm

[…] I’m not about to blather on about how stupid and useless resolutions are. I think resolutions are fun to write down but I think I’ve outgrown the whole thing. What I need are goals, not just resolutions […]