behind the scenes

Sniff Me, I Smell Good!

A few days ago, Lauren wrote about her new signature scent and I thought I’d follow suit even though I don’t exactly have one. I’ve never really been particular about the perfume I use, so long as it doesn’t make me smell like a matrona (the only matrona I like on me would be my hair and I’m still searching for that perfect, non-burgundy shade of matrona red) or smell cheap.

There are particular scents I stay away from, like Avon’s Sweet Honesty (which is something I imagine titas from the 90s would wear), herbench body sprays (which is the crap I used to wear in high school, heh), and this Kris Aquino for bench perfume/cologne that I smell on every other girl I ride with on the MRT.

I don’t spend much on perfume, either, and the four (well five because I have two of one) bottles I currently have were all given to me. My relatives from the US love giving/sending us lotion and body sprays for gifts and it’s very much appreciated.

The four scents I use:

What Helga Weber smells like

From left to right: Paul Smith Rose, Harajuku Lovers Love, Ralph Lauren Lauren Style, Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton.

Bigger photo of the kawaii Harajuku perfume topper:

What Helga Weber smells like

Out of the four, I obviously use Sea Island Cotton the most, as it is my day perfume. I just love how clean and powdery it smells, like fresh beach resort linen. Sometimes, I start with a few spritzes of Rose and then just spray on Sea Island Cotton later in the day. I use Lauren Style when I go out at night. Love smells a lot like Rose; Fragrance X describes this (Love) as:

a playful perfume bursting with exotic scents. The top notes include sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach, and bamboo leaf mist, the middle notes include water peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine, creamy paperwhites, and egyptian jasmine, and the bottom notes include ylang ylang, vanilla orchid, sensual musk, and blonde wood.

That’s a lot of scents! Perhaps I’m boring but if I didn’t own a bottle of that, I wouldn’t even be able to imagine how all those combined would smell like, heh.

My all-time favorite scent would still be Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea (or anything green tea!). I love it like I love the best diet pills in town!

What about you guys, what perfume, spray, or cologne do you use?

• Reply lysha February 20, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I love Gap’s So Pink and Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea Revitalize (:

• Reply thysz February 20, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Clinique Happy for me as of the moment but yes I also share the love for green tea scents. something in it just energises me.

• Reply Lauren February 21, 2010 at 1:20 am

Ooh, the Harajuku Lovers bottle really is cute! But wow, tinipid talaga yung perfume. o_o

• Reply Aldo February 21, 2010 at 4:32 am

Hahahahahaha how do you know it’s that?

• Reply Helga February 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Hehe. A former co-worker used the same perfume and I hated it. I went to herbench once to buy underwear and I caught a whiff of it so I went to check the ~brand~.

• Reply Ape February 21, 2010 at 4:52 am

Heno De Pravia = never. ever. try it. for the love of God.

• Reply Kiara February 21, 2010 at 10:49 am

I love love love Pleasures by Estee Lauder, or Magnetism by Escada. :)

• Reply Carmi February 21, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I used to love Tommy Girl :)
    These days I Sweet Pea or Mango Mandarin body splash by Bath and Body Works.

• Reply Angie February 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I love the bath and body works collection. I’m still searching for the right perfume that suits me well. Although I used to wear Moschino I love love.

• Reply emma February 21, 2010 at 7:19 pm

i am a “gucci envy me 2” girl
    then i got a pack , i repeat, a PACK of ralph lauren perfumes

not a huge fan but i use them anyway

i use them depending on my mood, and i take the name of the perfumes very seriously

lets just say NOTORIOUS gets used a lot and ROMANTIC rarely…

• Reply Prudence February 21, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Currently, I’m using Lacoste Touch of Pink and sometimes, Isis from Marks & Spencer.

• Reply Leng February 22, 2010 at 2:41 am

HAHAHAHA, your Sweet Honesty comment! Hahaha, so funny, one of our krung krung teachers in gradeschool tried selling us Avon products! haha.

i’ve worn Cool Water Woman since forever so i make sure i never run out of that. love how fresh it smells

i also use hollister ventura body mist = love that it smells like coconuts. reminds me of summer.

other staples: clinique happy heart, ralph lauren romance, estee lauder pleasures and d&g 18 la lune

• Reply Amanda February 22, 2010 at 3:02 am

I love that Sea Island Cotton! That reminds me I need to go and buy some more.

I am the type to buy one perfume at a time so I don’t really have a signature sent since I haven’t used one perfume for years. My current perfume is Lola by Marc Jacobs which I love love love.

• Reply wendy February 23, 2010 at 7:33 pm

been reading your blog for quite a while… I really forgot where I got your blog.. I was a silent reader actually.. hahah, anyway, I love how you take your photos, and oh! I have a sea island cotton but in a diff bottle :) nice scent..