hair & beauty, outfits

Bangs, Etc

I trimmed my bangs for the second time this week, last night. Someone needs to confiscate my trimming scissors.

My trimming scissors are probably one of the most useful and necessary buys of my life. Like acne pills. Last night, I decided to see if I could do a decent fringe on myself (as opposed to side bangs). I think I did an okay job:

Though they’re a bit long because they hit my eyes. I guess I’ll be trimming my bangs again tonight :D Or maybe not. My layers are at an awkward length and I told myself I’d grow my hair out the first half of this year. As a result, I’ve been wearing my hair in messy buns or messy ponytails. Coupled with a full fringe, it highlights my chubby Asian cheeks. And for some reason, it makes my nose look… pudgier.

Perhaps it’s all in my head. I hope so.

• Reply DK March 26, 2010 at 9:48 am

ui, first picture! art!

para sa akin, ang bangs nag mumukhang mataas ang cheekbones ng mga tao, therefore mas payat their face.

• Reply Mara March 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm

IAWC. That’s why I haven’t let go of my side bangs now that I’ve gained weight because it gives an illusion that my face is slimmer than it is.

If it were back when I was stick thin, I’d think otherwise.

You look great! The first (and last) time I cut my bangs, I cut it too short and too close to my forehead. Haha.

• Reply Janine March 26, 2010 at 11:22 am

You are adorably neurotic. Bangs look cute! I used to cut my own all the time but then I got used to my stylist bestie doing it and now I’m afraid to DIY.

• Reply kace March 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm

You look great! :) I wish I could get bangs too. The last time I cute myself a fringe people took to calling me Vanessa Carlton.

I’ve been cutting my own hair since I was little. I used to get in trouble for it but eventually my mom just gave up on me. It’s a cumpulsion; I can’t help it. Usually I end up going to the salon after a few days to have my hair “fixed.”

• Reply M.R. March 27, 2010 at 2:42 pm

acne pill? particular brand?

• Reply Erika April 1, 2010 at 3:18 am

nice skill. I would want to cut my own hair but I couldn’t. I’m afraid to experiment with myself. lol

• Reply Vanessa April 2, 2010 at 4:15 am

Wow you got a bang, now! Okay okay, I haven’t read your blog for ages..last time it was 2006 *LOL*

If you still remember me, my blog url was, i changed my url for a few times back then…