ink and needles

Runaway Run

I got my second tattoo (aka my birthday tattoo) last Saturday. It’s a little bigger than I wanted it to be but I adore it.

Good-bye, bare arm.

Helga Weber Hanson tattoo

Hello, new tattoo! <3 Helga Weber Hanson tattoo

Would you believe me if I said it didn’t hurt at all? Because it didn’t. Either I have a high threshold for pain (my first tattoo didn’t hurt much, either) or the tattoo artist did a really good job. But then, it’s a pretty simple and small tattoo that only took 15-20 minutes to do.

Helga Weber Hanson tattoo

My friend Nan got his first tattoo that day, too.

The tattoo says “Just one breath is a million sighs” which is my favorite line from my favorite Hanson song (Runaway Run. Click to listen to it) on my favorite Hanson album (2000’s This Time Around). My favorite Hanson song is actually Madeline from Middle of Nowhere but the lyrics aren’t “tattoo-able”. I’ve been a fan of the band for thirteen years, which is more than half my life; I think I’m past outgrowing them so I’m not very worried about hating this tattoo after x number of years :D

Helga Weber Hanson tattoo

The font I used is Shipley-Rough. The artist who did my ampersand tattoo wasn’t free last Saturday so I went with Marlon (still) from 55 Tinta.

Helga Weber Hanson tattoo

I’m thinking I should go with white or UV ink for my next tattoo.

• Reply Sara June 7, 2010 at 8:09 pm

even if it weren’t a line from a song, it’s still a lovely quote ^_^ Yay, Helga!

• Reply Sherica June 7, 2010 at 8:17 pm

I love it! :) Parang painless na painless ka dun sa isang picture mo ate ah.

You have awesome tats! :P

• Reply not putting name June 7, 2010 at 8:18 pm

(but you pretty much have an idea of who I am based on the email.)

your last photo, gorgeous and very sensual. in fact I enjoy that cleavage! I have been staring at it for a few minutes now. heehee

congrats on the new tattoo! :)

• Reply Tracy June 8, 2010 at 1:27 am

again?!?! Oh my… nice :)

• Reply Euri June 8, 2010 at 11:21 am

Yey to your new tatoo! x3

• Reply Abbie Almasco-Bautista June 8, 2010 at 2:27 pm

OMG Helga, I’ve always wanted a tattoo in white!! :) And I love your new ink! I think its really cute that you still love Hanson. My favorite song of theirs is Underneath (but really, who could ever not love Mmm Bop?) Hee!

• Reply crisel June 8, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Ooh, I love love the song Runaway Run!! =)
    Okay too much promotion, I’m wanting their new album too! ;p

Very simple tattoo.

• Reply JHOANA June 8, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Nice tattoo =) I actually wanna have one after seeing your 1st tattoo but Mom didn’t allow me to have it on my 20th birthday. But seriously, I love your new tattoo, and the idea. I mean the text =)

• Reply Justine June 9, 2010 at 11:05 am

Now that you’ve done it, I’m even more convinced that I should be getting one on my arm too.. I’ve been contemplating since the year started, that I want a tattoo across my arm ever since I read a quote from this book and it really looks good. Although I think I would want something smaller which makes it look like a line from afar :)

Great tat Helga!

• Reply Crystal June 11, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Oooh I like it. Btw, you’re gorgeous in the last photo.

• Reply Kristine June 11, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Gorgeous! Props to the eyeliner too :) I haven’t heard of that UV ink and it suddenly wants me to add another tattoo on my bod!

• Reply Marina June 12, 2010 at 11:01 pm

your friend’s boomboom box tattoo is so cute!

and oh i love yours too (: i hate tattoos that are “gangster-like”. -_-

• Reply Xyla June 14, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I really like your tattoo ideas! <3

• Reply Angie June 15, 2010 at 3:19 am

Nice tattoo. I really wanted to have one but I don’t think I can tolerate the pain.

• Reply shen September 3, 2010 at 1:24 am

nice one! I got my second on the same place as well. :) cheers to skin art!

• Reply gus GAMER October 28, 2010 at 1:53 pm

loving the Ampersand, yum :P

• Reply Hanson Live in Manila and Cebu: Shout It Tour | DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET by Helga Weber | Filipina blogger and web designer November 24, 2011 at 7:51 pm

[…] this band for 14 years; that’s more than half my life. I have a line from one of their songs tattooed on my arm and I plan to get another Hanson-related tattoo before the year ends. I’ve loved them longer […]

• Reply Day 4 Hanson Shout It Out Cebu: Fan Club Meet & Greet and Waterfront | DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET - Helga Weber's Personal Blog April 16, 2012 at 3:36 pm

[…] totally missed that part where we could bring stuff to have signed. After finally showing Taylor my Runaway Run tattoo (he said it wasn’t something he saw often and I told him I made sure it was different by […]