hair & beauty

Lightening My Eyebrows!

I got bored browsing promotional products online yesterday so I decided to use the Sally Hansen facial hair bleach/cream hair bleach I got on Tuesday and lighten my eyebrows.

Okay, so that’s not true (the bit about me getting bored); yesterday, I came to work. Nothing unusual about that except that it was a special non-working holiday (I hate these things cos they dare be called “holidays” yet we don’t get paid if we don’t go to work) and only two of us in our department came in. I took half the day off, went to Book Sale and disinterestedly checked out books, bought a skirt and a top, and then rushed home a little past 7pm when I realized that I’ve only had two cupcakes to eat the entire day. For someone who only spent four hours in the office, I was exhausted.

Now that I’ve blabbed and typed enough words— PICS and the PROCESS!

I think that was J or Crystal who said that eyebrows are supposed to be two shades darker than your hair. Now I’ve got fake auburn hair but I’m pretty sure black isn’t dark brown/reddish brown/auburn lol.

The contents of the box: spatula, mixing tray, activator, and bleach.

What the activator (powder) and bleach (cream) look like when mixed. Like whipped cream, but um, inedible.

I felt like a schnauzer last night. You’re supposed to cover every hair and leave it on for eight minutes before removing with the little spatula to check if you’re satisfied with the color. I’m not gonna lie: the bleach that touched my skin (not rested on my brows) stung a little.

After eight minutes: LOL YES I KNOW IT’S SPOTTY BROWN BLACK. You can see a little red splotch on top of my right eyebrow. According to the directions, you can reapply the cream and leave it on for five minutes. I tried but I got paranoid and had mental images of blonde eyebrows so I wiped it off and washed my face after a minute.

No makeup, no Photoshop, OKAY. I’m seriously annoyed at myself (and a little sad) that I don’t like how I look without makeup anymore. I mean, I don’t pile it on but these days, I can’t live without foundation, blush, eyeliner, and lip gloss. Bah.

This morning. I’m covering my right eye because I really hate how my eyelid is barely there.

So I didn’t particularly do an excellent job but it’s okay, I’ll get it perfect the next time!

• Reply Janine July 1, 2010 at 4:51 pm

I would be scared to have bleach that close to my eyes! You are brave. They look pretty good though. How on earth do you get your hair that light anyway? It looks so healthy yet light.

• Reply Helga July 2, 2010 at 12:32 am

It only looks healthy in photos! It’s kinda dry and I’ve been meaning to go for a hot oil or some other treatment but I keep forgetting.

• Reply Jean July 1, 2010 at 10:33 pm

You have to teach me how to do this or just do it for me. Sleepover! LOL I need to do this since I colored my hair and my eyebrows are black. -_- Bagay na ang brows mo sa hair!

• Reply Helga July 2, 2010 at 12:31 am

It’s super easy! Just buy the Sally Hansen kit and follow the instructions. Tin and I are bleaching hers tomorrow, she dyed her hair brown today :D

• Reply I Love Helgrrr July 1, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Hi, ganda! Why are your eyebrows pababa?

Mas bongga ‘pag ganito:

• Reply Helga July 2, 2010 at 12:30 am

Eeeeeeeh, that’s so nice. Believe me, I want my eyebrows to have that Lucy Hale arch but it can only happen in Photoshop… or by shaving and drawing them in lol. Can’t shape my brows that way =/

• Reply Carmi July 2, 2010 at 9:59 am

Looks good :) I want to try bleaching mine too, but I’m scared XD

• Reply Helga July 3, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Hahahaha, don’t be. Don’t just leave it on for more than 8 minutes or else you’ll have blonde brows.

• Reply Crystal July 3, 2010 at 9:41 am

How often do you have to re-dye your hair? I did mine an auburn shade and it washed out within a few weeks. My hair is like 5 different colors right now.

• Reply Helga July 3, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I re-dye my hair when at an inch of my roots start to show hehe, which is usually every two months.

It’s only a vibrant auburn the first week and it starts to fade into a nice brown after. Still sucks. I’m thinking I’m going to have it professionally done one of these days and I’m gonna go for red RED.

• Reply Becca July 3, 2010 at 11:30 am

I think it turned out pretty good! much better than the black :D practice makes perfect!

• Reply Helga July 3, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Thank you! <3

• Reply Becca July 3, 2010 at 11:31 am

btw you are gorgeous without make up! the peeping tattoo? HOT.

• Reply DK July 3, 2010 at 11:52 pm

how often do you need to apply this? also, listen to Steel Train’s Fall Asleep :) it’s a very sweet song. heehee, it’s a very sweet song :)

• Reply My Experience With PhiBrows Microblading – Ditz Revolution | Tacky & Fancy September 7, 2016 at 2:43 pm

[…] were trendy, so I never made the mistake of overplucking them! It took some time, a few mistakes (like bleaching them and leaving them as is), and a lot of learning and experimenting before I finally figured out my […]