hair & beauty, outfits

Revlon Colorskilk 72 Strawberry Blonde + Black and Gray

My roots were starting to show so I went to Watson’s last night to grab a box of my usual hair color (Toasted Anise or Zen Auburn— which I can no longer seem to find— by Kolours). I was ready to head to the counter to pay when I saw this.

It was the lightest shade amongst all the boxes and brands of hair dye. I don’t believe I’ve mentioned this before but I have this stupid ideal when it comes to (my) hair: I think black hair suits people with clear skin. It is also very boring on me and does nothing for my skin color (I noticed that when I first dyed my hair a chestnut brown, it enhanced my natural tan). I like my hair reddish and the lighter it is, the better. Anyway, I’ve never tried strawberry blonde and to make sure that I really wanted it, I put the box of Toasted Anise back and went around the store to browse other things. I obviously ended up getting it, heh. I don’t recall the exact price but it’s around PHP450; Kolours, on the other hand, is only around PHP230.

(Supposed) Color results. I guess I’m in between medium and light brown. I never rely on these things, though, because I don’t apply color remover in between dye jobs.

No makeup, taken around midnight to one in the morning. Please don’t be scared.
Left: Kolours Toasted Anise after one month. Right: Revlon Colorsilk 72 Strawberry Blonde.

FML, they look the same =/

Taken this morning out in my balcony. It was a little overcast. I am not happy with the color but I can live with it. The Revlon Colorsilk after-color conditioner is AMAZING, though. It smells really good and left my hair feeling smooth and silky.

These days, I find myself gravitating towards grays, blues, whites, and purples.

Last Saturday’s outfit. There is a bird over my friend’s face because he was drunk and was making a funny face. I kind of look funny, too, actually. Taken at Future’s 2nd Year Anniversary, after coming from the Ciudad 10-Year Anniversary gig and dancing and sweating in drizzle. That’s my favorite floral blazer (thrifted, of course) and I’m so glad I can finally wear it again after almost a year if being stuck in my closet. Paired it with a long black halter top (YRYS, lulz) tucked into black shorts (People Are People).

Today’s outfit: thrifted gray top, black leggings, and white shoes from Ugh, I love these shoes but they give my lateral malleolus (I Wiki-ed ‘foot anatomy’ lol) blisters.

The top was a little too short, though, so I put on an asymmetrical vest (Giordano, thrifted) to cover my crotch, heh. It sort of looks like I’m wearing harem pants in the first photo.

My outfit matched today’s dreary, rainy weather. I hope it gets cold enough to wear blazers and jackets out during the day.

Get free demos for 70-410 dumps and Pass4sure 640-461 exam with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality Testking 642-737 prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of Actualtests NS0-156 & ARM.

• Reply Carina August 11, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Fuuu I love your thrifted stuff~*~* the blazer and the grey top = !!!

• Reply Helga August 11, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Hrrrrp drrrp thanks! ~*~:D

• Reply Teeyah August 11, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I love both outfits! Especially the thrifted ones and the shoes! Oh and maybe your hair color would probably lighten pa :)

• Reply Helga August 11, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Thanks! I’m hoping it’ll lighten, too, but I’m planning on buying a DIY bleaching kit thing haha.

• Reply Mitch August 11, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I can see the difference of your hair color now from before! It lightened already. Anyway, did you put concentrated amount of dye on your hair near the roots (yung tumubo na black lulz)?

Also, I love love love your blazer (it’s not halata that it’s only thrifted)! How much did you buy that?=)

• Reply Helga August 11, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Re: hair~ Yeah, I did but when I checked it after rinsing and drying, the roots were still faintly black!!! =(

The blazer was 100 or 150, I think? Thanks!

• Reply TIN August 11, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Where do you usually go thrifting? Coz I can’t catch good finds from some thrift stores I go to. You look good with red hair btw. :)

• Reply Helga August 11, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Anonas LRT2 station! Thanks =)

• Reply DK August 11, 2010 at 8:50 pm

where do you go thrifting? except for the one near the train? some magical ukay mojo you have :)

• Reply Helga August 11, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I usually go to the one at the train station and Lolo Oboy’s!

• Reply Lauren August 12, 2010 at 12:50 am

YOUR VEST. *steals*

• Reply Jen August 12, 2010 at 10:55 am

OMG, I love that floral blazer! lol @ the bird-face heh.
    Your adventures in hairdying makes me want to try red again…but I hate the up-keep, so maybe some other time lol. Maybe if you died it again in another month or so? I don’t know…I think it looks pretty ;) It could be worse…it could be green! I’ve had that happen. Eeek!

• Reply Denise August 12, 2010 at 11:55 am

Love your shoes!

• Reply Sarah August 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I love your vest! :)

• Reply easter August 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm

hi, i adore how you can color your hair by yourself. i am actually going to try it myself too because i’ve been wanting to color my hair for years. i kinda have the same skin tone as yours and i’ve been choosing between zen auburn or bugundy. but i am a little scared because it’s my first time. any no-no’s for a first timer?

• Reply Jen August 14, 2010 at 12:21 am

Eventually you’re going to have to sell yo’ stuff ~~ ?

• Reply Janine August 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Pretty pretty. I love all. Of. Your. Clothes.

• Reply Cheechee August 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Hi Helga,

I’ve been wanting to ask this for the longest time, how do you manage to dye your hair without going to the salon? :)

• Reply Helga August 25, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Hi! I just follow the instructions that comes with the box =)

• Reply Nikki October 31, 2010 at 1:58 pm

“my usual hair color (Toasted Anise or Zen Auburn— which I can no longer seem to find— by Kolours)”

So I’ve been dying to die my hair red for a while now, and the color your hair is here just has me hooked:

Which Kolours dye was that? The Zen Auburn?

Anyway, I went to Landmark Trinoma two days ago and they have oodles of boxes of Toasted Anise and Zen Auburn! Plus, someone told me of somewhere in Makati you an get Revlon hair dye at 170+ pesos. She has yet to get back to me as to where that is though. I can give you an update if you want.:)

Anyway, so yeah, which Kolours hair color is the one in that hipster photo?:)

• Reply kars February 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm

i colored my hair with the strawberry blonde too just a day ago. it didn’t work as well with my hair and i was a bit disappointed as well. thought it’s gonna be the same with the one in the box. can you recommend a brand that really works? i’m really into coloring right now, super addicting. thanks a lot! :)

• Reply Alia April 12, 2012 at 7:38 am

Where exactly/what seller did you get those shoes from? I looked and couldn’t find them! Thanks ??

• Reply Helga April 12, 2012 at 1:29 pm

LOL this post is from nearly 2 years ago, I doubt the shoes would still be on ebay

• Reply Aish January 14, 2013 at 10:51 pm

this colo suits u alot want 2 ask i have jet black hair dyed it black coz of grey hair. if i use this color. i will get the same result?