hair & beauty

Pimple-Free PMS!

This is such a bad photo but this is what I looked like last month when my skin was breaking out like crazy because of PMS.

(LOL, evil face.)

I have a feeling my skin regimen is finally working for me because I did not break out at all this month! My skin is still far from flawless but at least no new pimples popped up— a first in years! No Photoshop, no makeup:

(Those chin pimples are permanent residents of my face.)

I’m still not completely zit-free, of course, and the soft lighting and my 50mm lens fail at capturing every horrendous pore, whitehead, blemish, and zit on my face but I’m telling you— it’s a huge improvement from last month. The lack of new pimples did wonders to my mood last week, too.

I posted my regimen last month but honestly, I haven’t been doing the oil cleanse method or the honey masques anymore. I get too lazy, what can I say! I still exfoliate every other day with baking soda and I still use the Queen Helene mint julep masque and an iWhite whitening pack once or twice a week. For day time moisturizer, I went back to using Olay Total Effects; I apply just a liiiitle bit, though. I also started using these two products, which I absolutely looooove:

Human Heart Nature Aloe Vera and Guava Organic Facial Wash and Tomato and Lemongrass Natural Toner. Both work fantastically for my combination oily skin. I still oil up and probably blot three to four times a day but at least they keep my pimples at bay! It is seriously such a relief. Now all I need is to find that perfect, affordable moisturizer =)

You can order HHN products from their online store.

You can easily check out our best quality braindumps prepare you well for the real Pass4sure 640-554 exam. You can also get success in real exam of Testking 312-50 with the quality Actualtests 642-437 questions and ICMA answers.

• Reply Xyla August 19, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Yayy. Congratulations! Hehe!

Ako naman, I use carrot soap. I started last week lang… no breakouts as well.

• Reply Crystal August 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm

You lucky lady! …I always get massive period pimples. :(

• Reply Carmi August 19, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Congratulations on finding a skincare regimen that works for you :D
    I always get huge pimples when my time of the month comes. And they take forever to disappear :(

• Reply DK August 19, 2010 at 5:53 pm

you are listening to the Magnetic Fields! hehe

in related news, i like your hair color and yay to your beautiful face!

ang ganda lagi ng mga mata mo sa photos!

• Reply DK August 19, 2010 at 5:57 pm

^ i meant as I type this. hehe

• Reply m August 19, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Do yourself a better favor Helga, please see a dermatologist instead of these home remedies. A great derma will work wonders on your skin. :)

• Reply Helga August 19, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Maybe I will, when I’m dealing with severe acne and not just occasional breakouts ;)

• Reply scart August 19, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Ay parang gusto ko yang human heart nature na yan. U still pretty :)

• Reply meedge August 19, 2010 at 10:44 pm

you can get human heart nature products at sesou in glorietta and market market as well. :)

• Reply Dawn August 20, 2010 at 2:28 am

We use the exact same HHN products and I’ve been loving my skin as well. I ran out of the guava wash though so I’m using the calendula+seaweed variant. :)

Oh, and iWhite works wonders. Thank you for featuring this product.

• Reply Dang August 20, 2010 at 10:54 am

Try HN Royal Jelly Moisturizer, it’s a perfect match to the Tomato Toner. =D

• Reply Helga August 25, 2010 at 10:22 pm

• Reply April August 23, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I am currently using those two products, too, Ate Helga. And that is because of your blog entry about it days ago. They’re working perfectly on my skin, too. Plus the magic of the Sunflower Oil. Ah, heaven!

• Reply Marai September 11, 2010 at 12:03 pm

You’re not alone, nagbrebreak-out din ako 2 weeks before my period. They love my forehead and chin very much.

I went to a dermatologist just once, for DP and facial. The doctor said, I should stop using conditioner, hair wax, even hair dye. And she told me to stop using products with Vitamin E (foundation, facial lotion blah blah).

Now, pagkatpos ko naubos lahat ng gamot na she prescribed. I started looking for a substitute na mas makakamura ako. Luckily, Panoxyl acne gel helps. My skin is not perfect but atleast hindi na tulad ng dati. It dries up and helps prevent my pimples. I just exfoliate 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of those dead skin, natuyong pimples, and all.

Anyway, you still garjezz.

• Reply jhem November 2, 2010 at 2:53 pm