events, outfits

All We Want, Baby, Is Everything

I saw Handsome Furs last night at Route 196.

Handsome Furs

Dan Boeckner and Alexei Perry. They were pretty amazing.

Handsome Furs

Handsome Furs

Meh, I hate that there was an unused mic stand left in between the band area and the audience. Coupled with the kids beside me who wouldn’t stop kissing and hugging each other (seriously…), it was pretty hard to take a good shot.

Handsome Furs

Handsome Furs

Alexei Perry is so fun.

Handsome Furs

I got a shirt!

Wore my black and white polka dot dress from under my thrifted ugly cardigan. I’ve had this dress for a while now but due to recent weight gain, the neckline (a neckline is Helga-friendly if it is low enough to show my ampersand tattoo!) and sleeves weren’t very flattering on me. I don’t know why it never occurred to me to just throw something on top!

Can I just say how disappointed I am in myself? I had a dinky banana for dinner because I didn’t have enough time to heat food so I was basically drinking on an empty stomach. It wouldn’t have been that bad, except I had five bottles of beer. Theeeen, some friends and I went to Tapsi ni Vivian for post-drinks dinner at one in the morning. I had tocilog (and yes, I eat the fat, ugh) and chicharon bulaklak. Ugh.

K, bai.

• Reply m August 25, 2010 at 9:42 pm

sana you took pictures of the kids making out. and then posted them. hahahaha.

• Reply Len August 25, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Your body looks perfectly fine even though you claimed that you have gained weight. :)

AND I like your ensemble! Especially the shoes. Where do you buy those? I need those shoes, wedges to be exact! I am a size 9 =( it is hard to find shoes my size =(

• Reply Tracy August 26, 2010 at 2:54 am

Mmmm… beeerrr….

• Reply Keng August 26, 2010 at 5:37 am

when i was in vacation there, i only went to route once to see my super friend and her band play. which sucked because i wanted to go on an opm-gig-watching kick while i was still there, considering i have no idea who to listen to nowadays.

i think only you can pull off a cardigan like that, haha, i love it. :D

• Reply Melle lee August 26, 2010 at 10:10 am

I love the pics.. lol and i havent tried buying from a thrift shop.. But my friend does.. she even found a michael kors top there.. lol I used to drink with an empty stomach too and dang! I just hate the feeling of getting easily drunk coz of that

• Reply kit August 26, 2010 at 11:05 am

Don’t pinch the tummy! lol.. for some reason I’m really attracted to that ugly goose cardigan ;P

• Reply kaththecrapout August 27, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Helga, did you use “flash” on Handsome Furs’s pictures? How did you diffuse the flash? (or you own a diffuser?). Thank you. :)

• Reply alexei September 5, 2010 at 2:19 am

That is the best picture of anyone wearing one of our shirts. Thank you
    Love Alexei

• Reply alexei September 5, 2010 at 9:57 am

So glad I designed that shirt. Best merch photo I’ve ever seen!
    Thanks so much,