outfits, the weekend

The Weekend In Photos: The Usual

First, an announcement: eleven days without coffee! I don’t plan to give it up completely, though.

My plan for an alcohol-free weekend fell apart Saturday night when I got a text from my high school best friend saying he was heading to Cubao X. I could have easily said no, except 1) we haven’t seen each other since 2004 or 2005 and 2) I honestly wanted a drink.

Not a lot of photos because I was too lazy to take my camera out of my bag. Not pictured: latest thrift buys, a bunch of movies I watched over the weekend (Remember Me, Salt, The A-Team, The Expendables, Shutter Island), and Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies (ebook, lol. I started reading it but I don’t think I’ll be finishing the series. Everything else pales in comparison to The Hunger Games!).

Outfit + scary face. Thrifted button-up bow top (I ♥/currently have a thing for tops that button up all the way) and thrifted animal print skirt.

Alfred. We stayed out drinking til 6am, crazy.

With Becs. People who know stuff will find this funny.

Eli and I murdering each other.

Eli and I no longer murdering each other.

Things I need to do: fix my hair, bleach my brows (I do this every two weeks), google is apidexin safe, and put on a masque (it’s been ages since!).

• Reply Len September 20, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I LOVE YOUR ANIMAL PRINT SKIRT!!!! I saw like 10 skirts I wanted to be in some thrift shop but I didn’t buy them :( I refuse to buy thrifted things that are over 90 bucks. I am so cheap :(

I met Mochi (Monica? I met her through a common friend, I hope she rings a bell) and told her that I read your blog. And she told me she knows you, like for realz. And I was like, “YOU KNOW HELGA!?!” And she gave me a funny look like, “Yeah? So..?” And I felt kinda embarrassed for fan-girling too much. :(

Anyway.. I think I can shrink now bye.

• Reply Len September 20, 2010 at 9:26 pm

*I wanted to buy (*.*,)

• Reply Helga September 20, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I go to the Anonas thrift shops! They’re on sale so the skirt was 45 pesos lang.

And Mochi = Monica = Moki = http://mokidoki.tumblr.com?

• Reply Len September 20, 2010 at 10:04 pm

45 PESOS?!!?!?! *#(*&$*&#(*&%(* shit pupunta ako diyan the moment weekend hits! Or even earlier goddemit! I bought the pretty floral dress for 50 pesos yiii. God, I now thrift shop twice a week. And I haven’t even worn all the things I bought. I need to go to a thrifters rehab or something.

YES MOKIDOKI IS THE MOKI I was talking about hihi. Hi moki! Sabi niya wag daw akong parang gagung fan kapag nakita kita somewhere hahaha.

• Reply Helga September 20, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Where do you ukay! I wanted to go to the ukays in Guadalupe but I didnt have time over the weekend =(

• Reply Janine September 21, 2010 at 4:27 am

Love that skirt.

Serious question: Is it weird being the hottest girl in your town?

• Reply crisel September 22, 2010 at 12:28 am

OMG, that’s Ali Mall and Cubao X is like a street away from us. Haha. Friends seem fun though. ;p

• Reply Carina September 22, 2010 at 8:41 pm

That murder picture is the best. I want to frame it and put it up somewhere, but that might be creepy.