Boots and Wedges From Lovely Shoes

Hello hello, just a quick update as things have been busy. I’m very ashamed to report that I’ve gone back to my bad habits (drinking/getting drunk, gorging on fatty, oily food, crying over Wedding Jewelry, and then sleeping right after) and haven’t worked out properly since my Cebu trip. I’m heaps disappointed in myself and I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things next week (something I keep telling myself the past ~3 weeks). I’m supposed to be almost done with Insanity but I put it on hold when I realized I haven’t been enjoying it. Boyfriend tells me working out is meant to be hard work and not something you’re supposed to enjoy; I say PSHAW! Insanity Month 1 was hard as heck but I loved every painful minute of it. I think my main issue is that the Max routines are 50+ minutes long and that my workouts usually end at 1130 at night.

(Truthfully, what I need to do is start and end my days earlier. I keep waiting for my body to realize that it’s 25-years old and can afford not getting 8 hours of sleep on weekdays to function normally.)

Oh, and I also had two newborn kittens I tried my best to save but that’s a sad story I’d rather not tell.

Anyway, about a month ago, I placed an order for two pairs of shoes from Lovely Shoes. I was in need of cheapy white boots for my Halloween costume and found what seemed like the perfect pair on their site. Of course, I couldn’t just get one pair. I mean, if I was going to pay and wait to have shoes shipped all the way from Hong Kong, I might as well make it worthwhile, right?

Lovely Shoes

Left: Cable knit zipper disposition fish head wedge shoes (description from the site!) in apricot.
Right: Fashionable beautiful ribbon low heel boots (again: as described on Lovely Shoes).

The total, including shipping, was $51.90 and I opted to have it shipped with TNT as to avoid the hellish Pasay Post Office and its corrupt customs officers. I actually made the mistake of choosing EMS until I realized it was the same as registered mail so I immediately contacted Lovely Shoes to have them change couriers on my order. TNT does door-to-door delivery and the difference was only a little over $2. The whole process took about a week. Not bad at all.

Lovely Shoes

My only gripe is that the wedges are a bit big on me. I am a EUR37 (but strangely enough, a US6.5) which is equivalent to a 38 in China size. I got both pairs in 38 and the boots fit perfectly so I’m not sure what happened there. I can still comfortably walk around in them but I just don’t like how the top part doesn’t close around my ankles.

As for the boots— you get what you pay for. The pair cost $12.25 and I wore them to Meiday Mayhem last Halloween where I was mostly on my feet. They hurt. Not the pinchy kind of hurt but the the soles aren’t thick enough or something kind of pain. I wore them a second time the week after and the bottoms of my feet had that unpleasant burning feeling you usually get when you’re stupid enough to work out barefoot. I am hoping a good pair of insoles and some thick socks would rectify this problem.

I will most likely order again from Lovely Shoes but for now, I’m sticking to SM’s Parisian line.

You can join us for best N10-005 dumps & Pass4sure 220-802 training solutions. Our Testking PW0-105 contains all those materials you want to pass for real Actualtests C4090-958 exam & ISM training.

• Reply Len November 10, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Also try the wedges at Ohrelle :)

• Reply Helga November 10, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Len, ukay tayo~*

• Reply Len November 10, 2010 at 6:17 pm

WOW new comment thingie layout! :) Yeah, let’s! There in the wonderful world of MEGA thrift shop??

And is that an old photo of you?? Hehe

• Reply Aldo November 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Corrupt customs officers

Tell me about it! That’s why it’s so discouraging to order stuff abroad. Good to know your experience with TNT was good. Have you tried Johnny Air? I hear it’s a pretty efficient delivery service too.

• Reply Helga November 10, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Yup! My boyfriend’s used Johnny Air to send me a package =)

• Reply Kristine November 10, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Yikes! Will the feet cushions sold at Watsons for 99 help? I hoarded those because I need them to be vain ? And oh, those plasters and bandaid!

• Reply Helga November 10, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Hahahaha, I have two pairs of gel cushions but not for the ball of my feet. I hafta look for those pa.

• Reply malen November 10, 2010 at 5:27 pm

im planning to get the faux-dr. martens boots im afraid that i might get cheap looking boots. lol

• Reply Lizz November 10, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Ooh interesting! What’s TNT? I’ve only ever used Johnny Air before…

• Reply crisel November 12, 2010 at 1:46 am

I’ve learned my lessons from Parisians. Are you a fan of flats? Check They are making the mark in the shoe industry. I bet you’ll love the comfort and you can find funky styles for your outfits. ;) Didn’t it just sound like I was advertising? Haha. I’m not. I just know how hard it is to find a perfect pair of shoes. ;p

• Reply Liz November 13, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Hi Helga :D first time commenting but I’ve been reading here for a while. Love your blog~

And yes, the PhilPost customs officers are the Devil’s Spawn. It seems they’ll charge you however much they feel like.

• Reply Carol November 14, 2010 at 1:13 am

Gah, why did I click that link? Now I can’t stop looking at shoes! I’m going to try out that TNT shipping too. The last time I bought something from Hong Kong I got charged 2250 for customs and storage fees!

• Reply scart November 18, 2010 at 10:59 am

hi Helga, super mura ng boots sa lovelyshoes. im interested. I wanna order one pang palitan lang. are they made from china? are those really uncomfortable boots? or tolerable naman yung pain? BTW, i like the wedges your ordered, sassy!

• Reply DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET by Helga Weber | Filipina blogger and web designer » Things I Love: Shoes! January 27, 2011 at 10:14 pm

[…] it yet. Lovely Shoes has a wide selection of trendy stuff but… I’m not quite sure if I wanna order from them again. I worry about the sizing and how my feet will fare in them. As I’ve said, I do a whole lot […]

• Reply Claire July 13, 2011 at 7:38 pm

just wanted to ask if TNT asked you pay tax pa for the shoes?

• Reply Helga July 13, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Nope! They do door-to-door delivery, too.