tv, movies, books, music etc

Note To Self: Make Time To Read

Picked up a few books from the 2-for-PHP99 shelf to add to my growing pile of books I have yet to read. It’s such a shame that I never set aside time to just read (I started on The Time Traveler’s Wife last October and I’m only halfway through it!). Too many distractions like Cityville, trading cards/stamps, looking at boys in skinny ties, and other internet things.

How do you make time to read?

• Reply Len December 20, 2010 at 10:07 pm

DID YOU BUY THAT IN MEGA?!?!?! I BOUGHT PARKER GREY SHOW, too, well a month back!

I said in my blog the two criteria for which I base my decision on buying books in booksale are:

1)witty book title and
    2)attractiveness of cover

• Reply Helga December 21, 2010 at 1:00 am

MAHAHAHAHA I DID I DID! Last Saturday! There was kiosk in the middle of the mall. A got a Sisqo book for a friend and he gave me the Dewey book.

• Reply Len December 20, 2010 at 10:13 pm

If you happen to find Kingston by Starlight, buy it. I kind of like how the writing is “superbly poetic” I need to check in on thesaurus by my side though Hahaha

Wala lang. I was in the mall kanina and I really had the urge to buy books from the book sale somewhere in the middle of mega

• Reply Mara December 21, 2010 at 9:23 am

When I used to commute, I was able to finish a book a week! Now that I’m driving, I transitioned to listening to audiobooks. The experience is not the same, but at least it keeps me “reading” :D

• Reply Ela December 21, 2010 at 10:47 am

Same thing happens to me as well. I have a stack of unread books at the foot of my bed. Christmas break, though, means time to read them all!

• Reply sabrina December 21, 2010 at 5:37 pm

@topic: why dont you read all the unopen books ths Christmas break

btw where did you bought those books for only 99php

• Reply teeyah December 21, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I read while eating breakfast, while doing #2 (ay gross ba?), while waiting for my laptop to boot up, while having my mani-pedi done, while having my makeup done during shoots, shows etc. :D and an hour before I go to sleep regardless of what time I actually lie down.

But despite all that I still feel so under-read. *sigh* Books are such wonders.

• Reply Nicklelove December 24, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I have the same problem, i have tons of books to read but the internet is just so distracting. My books are mostly young adult novels, i want to read classics though. I find time to read when i drive mom somewhere and i would wait for a long time. But lately, i’ve been bringing my macbook to watch my series. :(