hair & beauty

Human Heart Nature Haul

Human Heart Nature has quickly become of one my favorite brands ever since I started using their products last year. I love the fact that they are cruelty-free and organic and that their philosophy is Pro-Philippines, Pro-Poor, and Pro-Environment. Not an ounce of guilt whenever I spend my money on their online store!

Here’s my latest batch of purchases!

L-R: Aloe Vera, Egg White, and Mandarin shampoo and body wash; Citrus Burst spray sanitizer (a good alternative to Lysol or any disinfectant. I learned last month that Lysol tests on animals!); Balancing Face Toner and Balancing Facial Wash (replacements for the Tomato & Lemongrass facial wash and toner, which were two of my favorites); Sunflower Oil and Papaya day moisturizer.

I am loving the Balancing Facial Wash! I especially like that it has bamboo beads and luffa because now I can ditch exfoliating with baking soda (the brand I use is Arm & Hammer and they test on animals) and a baby toothbrush. I have yet to try the toner (finishing my last bottle of Tomato & Lemongrass) and I’m a bit on the fence with the moisturizer; the smell is a little weird and it feels thick/heavy on my skin.

L-R: Avocado & Gugo Bark hair mask in Jasmine; Love Minerals powder foundation in Island Shell; Love Minerals blush in Petal Bloom.

I was informed (over on Twitter and by the product reviews) that the foundation cracks easily so I leave this at home. The blush smells a little funny (like… wheat? It smells like grain) and I’ll be needing to get a kabuki brush for this since my regular blush brush has trouble picking up the powder.

I got a lighter shade of the foundation and here it is compared with my Fanny Serrano two-way cake in Orleans.

Strangely enough, it still matches my skin tone. Sorcery! Like the blush, the sponge that came with this has trouble picking up the powder. No big deal, though.

I am hoping that HHN makes their own sunscreen and makeup base (best wrinkle cream) in the near future!

• Reply A February 21, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I don’t know if you know this, but Human Nature has a stall in TriNoma! I have no idea if buying there costs more than online buying, though. I’ve always wanted to try HN but I’m terrified that I won’t be “hiyang”. D:

• Reply Helga February 21, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Oooh, thanks! I don’t go to Trinoma, tho, too “north” for this Cubao girl haha.

• Reply Cha March 1, 2011 at 2:04 am

Unfortunately yes! The stall in Trinoma sells it at a higher price. Plus, I believe that dealers are not allowed to sell HHN products like regular commercialized products are being sold since they wanted their philosophy is Pro-Philippines, Pro-Poor, and Pro-Environment to spread out.

They wanted to be known not just because of the products they sell but also with their advocacies. This is based on the dealer form I have read online. So I’m guessing the owners are not aware of the stall in trinoma since the stall I saw also sells other brands.

• Reply Kei February 21, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Nice! I read about HHN through one of your older entries and I tried out the products you recommended. I really liked the Guava (and something) facial wash because it worked wonders for my skin, but I think they faced out that product already :( Does the balancing facial wash come close? I’m hoping they come up with sunscreen too!

• Reply Helga February 21, 2011 at 1:59 pm

That’s the first facial wash I bought from them, too! I love how their cleansers take off makeup, no need for makeup remover na.

I am liking the balancing facial wash but today is the 3rd or 4th day palang of me using it.

• Reply Jenn February 21, 2011 at 3:11 pm

May makeup line pala sila? I shall try.

• Reply Len February 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Please try the mineral make-up hihi, and tell me if it’s nice :3

• Reply Mishi February 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Hi helga, You should purchase this product Im using for almost 1 year. It is a complete set of facial care made by Dr. calayan. Its so effective in fighting pimples,blackheads,whiteheads,dark spots.also makes your skin lighter. It comes with an orange soap,Astringent,sunblock cream for day,Placenta cream and bleaching cream.for more inquiries just contact me on this number 09237187187. the product is really effective and “hiyang” kahit kanino :)

• Reply Joyce February 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I like their bug repellant and lip balm, I want to try their Sunflower oil and MMU next.

What shade of foundie did you get? I’m using Chino/Orleans Fanny Serrano too, so it’ll probably match me as well.

• Reply Helga February 22, 2011 at 12:17 am

I got Island Shell! Medyo light siya at first and then it blends in… maybe cos I’m acidic, too?

• Reply Joyce February 28, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Oooh, Thanks! Hmm, di ako acidic so I guess I’ll move up one shade. :)

• Reply Really Amazing February 21, 2011 at 10:46 pm

You should apply to be a direct seller of HHN. Their office is just at Commonwealth (cor. Feria St) and you get discounts! You could sell it to your friends for extra income (enter “That’s what friends are for” song) and you get to have dibs on the latest stuff.

• Reply teeyah February 22, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Have been using the foundation and it’s only been 3 days but seriously, it’s so amazing for its prize. It lessened my usage of oil blotters, too! I hope it’s the same for you :)

• Reply Gen February 28, 2011 at 3:48 am

I’ve always wanted to order stuff from Human Heart Nature ever since you last blogged about it.

I got several products for free from my aunt, and I really liked the Mandarin and Mango Butter Conditioner and the Hand & Foot Salve – Bee Propolis & Carrot (smells like Runts banana candy). I didn’t quite like the Organic Cleanser and Make-Up Remover, however. It smelled funny. I think it’s phased out anyway.

But, yeah, thanks Helga for bringing this line of products to my attention. I’m planning to haul some as soon as I finish my current products. I am really tempted to buy now, but yeah, I’m holding myself back. XD

• Reply Jane March 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Really nice layout and fantastic articles , absolutely nothing else we require : D.

• Reply Chiui March 18, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Ooh I checked out their site. Pretty neat! I think I’m gonna try buying from them, too. I’m wondering though… which one do you think works better for you? The tomato and lemongrass one or the balancing one? :3

• Reply Helga March 26, 2011 at 12:31 am

I think both work well! The balancing line smells way better than the tomato and lemongrass, too, haha.

• Reply Ivonne Jappa March 23, 2011 at 4:21 pm

nice info! But I’m having some troubles trying to load your website from Opera

• Reply Review: Palladio Wet and Dry Foundation | DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET - Helga Weber's Personal Blog December 12, 2011 at 11:48 pm

[…] then, I’ve been extra conscious about the foundation I use. I immediately ditched the Fanny Serrano two-way cake I was using because I had it in the wrong shade and it did nothing for oil control. For a while, I […]