diy, the internets

Links, Here and There: DIY Ideas

Photo from HonestlyWTF.

Transient Expression’s Tutorial Tuesday: Bow Back Blouse.

A Pair and A Spare’s DIY Weekly – Crystal Ring. I just need to know where I can buy ring bases! Anyone?

On Cut Out and Keep: Diy Miu Miu Sparrow Shoes. What I like about this is that you can basically stencil any pattern and use any color you want.

Love Aesthetics’s DIY Spine dress and her 15 Minute Romper.

Chic Steals’s Anni Albers Washer Ribbon Necklace. I love it <3 If I were to make this, though, I'd use a darker color for the ribbon because I live in a dirty dirty city; imagine how yucky that cream would be after a few wears! Honestly WTF's DIY Braided Hex Nut Bracelet.

Petit Elefant’s How To: Pore Strips. Er, blackhead removal tool, I guess. Luckily, I don’t get blackheads so I never have to deal with this!

Studs and Pearls’s DIY: Sweatshirt Blazer. This could come in handy if you’re like me— not too keen on exposing her arms (forever conscious about my fat arms, what can I say) and is in need of light layers for the summer.

• Reply blackstrung February 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm

re: ring bases, baka meron sa Simplejoys sa Megamall o kaya sa Carolinas (Cubao or Megamall) :D

Also, Braided Hex Nut Bracelet is awesome.

• Reply edrick February 23, 2011 at 4:14 pm

have you seen this already? hehe hmm ring bases, i dunno, divi maybe? hehe divi is kkinda like sm, they’ve got it all for us lol

• Reply A February 23, 2011 at 4:56 pm

My sister got ring bases from (She says she thinks they’re based in Katipunan but I dunno). They look sturdier than the ring bases used in the crystal ring link.

• Reply DK February 23, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Wellmanson’s in Quiapo! they have a variety of ring bases there, last I checked :)

• Reply Viel February 23, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I order mine off Etsy and try to support other indie artists/suppliers. Good quality too. I suggest using E6000 adhesive to stick anything to a jewelry blank.

But the last time I was in Manila… I found them at these local stores in Quiapo (near the church) and at Baclaran.

• Reply carlyjcais February 24, 2011 at 2:26 am

Thanks so much for the inclusion of my Anni Albers washer necklace DIY!:-D As to ring bases, I second Etsy; I get mine there all the time!

Thanks again & have a great day!

• Reply Weyn February 24, 2011 at 10:28 am

Ringbases: Welmanson in Quiapo. Or the whole street of Villalobos (directly in front of the church entrance) :)

The braided nuts bracelet is genius.

• Reply Camille February 24, 2011 at 11:25 am

Ring bases are sold for like 20 a pack in Wellmanson’s (Quiapo). Madami silang DIY supplies for trinkets dun :) I used to make polymer clay accessories and that’s where I bought some of my supplies

• Reply CASEEEEY February 24, 2011 at 7:28 pm

oo I love the bow back tee! I might try that with a black dress I have

• Reply Casey February 24, 2011 at 7:30 pm

oops, I don’t know why it kept that name…

• Reply Jayrin February 24, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I’ve been looking for “Transient Expression’s Tutorial Tuesday: Bow Back Blouse” kinda tutorial for so long… Thank you! :)

• Reply Kirsten at S&P February 25, 2011 at 6:25 am

Thanks for including my Sweatshirt Blazer DIY and S&P! I see most people here are from the Philippines…I’m Filipino! :)