Guess who dyed her hair agaaaaaaain!
So late January, I placed an order for some Special Effects dye from a US seller on ebay (whilst looking for Cell phone accessories). I had originally planned on getting Manic Panic (in Vampire Red) but J tweeted me and said that SFX was the better brand. It also seemed cheaper and I am hoping this lasts longer.
(By the way, a local reseller carries Manic Panic and the classic kind goes for PHP950; that’s crazy, if you ask me.)
This was the color I started with. I do not know how to describe it but ORANGE (not even ginger). It’s faded copper on bleached hair that I dyed with a tube or “hair bleach blonde.” Confused? So was I, when I realized that the tube of bleach I bought from HBC wasn’t bleach at all. What irks me more is that I had asked the saleslady prior to making the purchase if it was the same thing as the powder bleach; she said yes, obviously. Liar.
I was going to bleach my hair forrealz~* yesterday/Sunday (I had dyed it hair bleach blonde Saturday) but I decided to forgo it this time. I figured that my hair was light enough, anyway.
The bottle of Candy Apple Red:
I left the dye on overnight (threw an old black shirt over my pillow to avoid staining). It’s conditioning hair dye/semi-permanent hair dye/vegetable dye which supposedly has no harmful chemicals or something. At the very least, it doesn’t b0rk your hair.
Prepare for a buttload of photos that may or may not be repetitive.
Under fluorescent/bad lighting:
LOL cock goes where?!?!?!
I am in love with this color! I’d like to think it looks better in person because you can’t really see in the photos that it has a lot of pinks in it! I am dreading how it’ll fade on my formerly orange hair, tho.
A few things:
1) I know my tita hair/haircut doesn’t do me any favors. I hate it, too, but at least I got rid of the dry ends.
2) I used about half of the bottle. The dye is really thick and what I did was apply the color with a tinting brush and then comb it through with a wide-toothed comb. I got some on my scalp but it’s not a big deal to me.
3) CAREFUL, these stain like ANYTHING. I got some stains on my bathroom sink which I quickly sprayed with disinfectant before wiping off (it worked). I used rubber gloves but my hands still got stained while rinsing off the dye this morning. It’s kind of rubbing off on my white keyboard and white mouse, hehe.
4) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET DRY SHAMPOO IN MANILA?
5) I am shaking my prayer beads that this doesn’t fade in a week.
Other Special Effects colors I got are Blood Red, Cherry Bomb, and Burgundy Wine. I am definitely looking forward to trying them all!