I drink a lot of water. When I say a lot, I mean at least six liters a day. I should probably go see a doctor about that because it can’t be normal to always be this thirsty!
Anyway, I was always under the impression that if not for the amount of water I drink each day, my skin and body would probably be in worse shape (got more vices than Miami!). I believed that, up until a few months ago when I learned that these supposed benefits of drinking water are actually myths.
If it’s true that drinking water doesn’t do much for your skin… then I guess I’m just lucky that my skin isn’t so terrible (no need to look for the best acne treatment), what with all my bad habits! In fact, my skin scored a 60 on the moisture sensor (40-70 is normal). Weird, I honestly expected to score an 80+ because I tend to oil up like crazy!
One should not mistake oily skin with hydrated skin!
We were then presented with this Hydration Level Meter:
After reading that, I wondered WHY I DIDN’T SCORE A 0-40!
So I’m doing this 5-Day challenge… I don’t even know why I am, considering most of the things listed are unavoidable parts of my day!
Today is Day One:
1) Leaving for work without sunscreen protection. Ha, negative. I love my SPF!
2) Too much coffee. Negative again! Only had one big mug today… as opposed to my two mugs in the morning + occasional iced coffee during the walk to work + another iced coffee after lunch. Wow.
3) Skipping lunch to dive straight into work. Nope! I had my lunch ten minutes after settling in my desk.
4) Long exposure to air conditioning rooms. Absolutely guilty of this. Nine hours a day, five days a week at the least.
5) Skimping on sleep. I think I clocked in around 7 hours of sleep last night. Good enough.
6) Skipping on skin care regimen before bedtime. Hmm. Mine’s pretty simple: remove makeup, wash face.
Today’s score? One of out six. Not bad, if I may say so, unless you factor in my smoking lol.
Neutrogena is launching a new (to the Philippines, as far as I know) product next week that will chase your dehydration blues away, leaving you with pretty skin. They are also giving (1) one reader of mine a Neutrogena pack aka a chance to test/try out this product!
-Philippine residents only :(
-Connect with me on Google Friend Connect! (Check sidebar)
-Comment with your answers to these questions: What’s your skin type and from the list, which activity are you most guilty of doing?
Valid email addresses only, please!
Contest ends Tuesday, May 31, 2011.