hair & beauty

From Nottie To Cutie

(Please excuse the cheesy title.)

Some people (like Len!) are lucky enough to look as pretty as a daisy without makeup. I, unfortunately, am not one those people. I can’t remember the last time I left the house without a full face of makeup (trips to the grocery store do not count). Truthfully, it doesn’t really bother me since it’s my favorite part of the day.

Anyway, I thought I’d take some before and after photos for the heck of it. I don’t really wear a lot of makeup because I am lazy and boring and because I don’t wanna be a case of “party with this, wake up to that.”

After toner and sunscreen.

My eyebrows are funny-looking because I bleached them ~white a couple of weeks ago!

After slathering on Myra-E Vitaglow tinted moisturizer (doubles as makeup base).

My boyfriend said I look like a maid who just recently discovered makeup. I’m aware it doesn’t really match my skin tone but it’s not like I leave the house looking like that!

All qt now.

What I currently use:

in2it eyebrow powder, Fashion21 eyebrow pencil, Maybelline Watershine Pure lipstick (BC11), San San gel liner, Nichido eye pencil (24k), Human♥Nature Love Minerals foundation (Sand Dollar) and blush (petal bloom).

• Reply Xyla August 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I also don’t like leaving the house without makeup. When I go to the grocery store, I still wear makeup but a little lesser than what I usually wear. Haha!

I plan to sell Human Nature products soon! haha!

• Reply Kristine August 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Cutie nga! I love that you blog about makeup too!! Group hug!

• Reply Jayrin August 4, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I’ve been meaning to post something similar to my blog too! I have this exact same issue! I’ve always wished I was one of those chicks that woke up late, took a 5 minute shower, got dressed and put their hair up in a messy bun and still managed to look hella cute. When I even try to do it, I look like a hot mess. Le sigh.

• Reply Claire August 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I can leave the house without makeup only if I’m leaving for one or two hours. Otherwise, the oil… makes my face look dark and dirty! That’s why I also wear minimal makeup… just so I don’t look dirty before I retouch at lunchtime! Besides, removing makeup is quite a chore >_<

• Reply Helga August 8, 2011 at 2:04 am

Ooo, it’s possible you have acidic skin! Try going a shade lighter with your foundation. I have acidic skin, too, and made a mistake buying Sand Dollar (previous shade I got was Island Shell) which matches my skin tone. It worked out fine, tho, cos my skin doesn’t get darker later in the day. Must be cos it’s mineral makeup?

• Reply Claire August 8, 2011 at 11:44 am

Yes, that might be it (I’m hyperacidic after all lol)! And I’ve also been contemplating on buying a Human Heart Nature foundation, thank you for the tip, Helga! :D

• Reply Patty September 1, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Omg Helga I love your hair! (Lol sorry late follower haha random). Revisited your blog after ages (Flickr days!) <3

• Reply Cat October 8, 2011 at 8:34 pm

i’ve been thinking of buying the mineral foundation from Human?Nature.
    i was wondering though if it lasts long?