behind the scenes

I Apologize…

Because I have turned into one of those people who can’t stop yapping about their pets. He is just too darn cute!

Things I learned about dogs/puppies this week:

They have baby teeth! I checked on his teeth yesterday morning and noticed something weird. I thought I might have been too zealous with the chew sticks/gnawlers, resulting in gum wounds but my brother gave it a look and said his two front baby teeth just fell off.

Little guy looks so funny trying to chew on his “this is for pooping outside” treats.

Dogs can have BO, too! And Cowbb has it. He gets baths nightly but starts smelling like a regular dog the next morning. Dog owners— is your dog like this, too?

Puppy massages! Because I like spoiling pets, I looked up some Youtube videos and learned how to give dog massages.

Anyway, here are more photos.

This week has been EXHAUSTING but I feel pretty chipper/satisfied, mostly because I worked on things that I like doing. My boyfriend also suggested that I go take up a proper course in graphic design and it’s something I’m seriously considering. The biggest obstacle is getting the money for it; time isn’t much of a problem since I can always take weekend classes. I need to put more thought into it.

• Reply Karen August 12, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I have a baby goldie and he sheds a lot. His vet says its the dead hair that make dogs smell like dogs. So I brush him a lot to keep him smelling fresh. I want to bathe him regularly nga but they might get dry skin and itch daw. Dis true?

Do you teach your dog tricks? I want mine to learn this:

• Reply trisha August 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I have a dog, he’s a lhasa apso, jap spitz mix. He takes a bath every other day and he smells like a baby even if you don’t give him a bath for a week. But when we first got him, he still has the smell but eventually, the smell was gone. :) here are some photos of him:

• Reply Helga August 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm

OMG YOUR DOGGIE IS TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I wanna squeeze <3

• Reply Maine August 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm

One of my dogs smell bad all the time. Not sure if it’s BO though because she has a tendency to roll around the floor like a lunatic.

• Reply Francine Alteza August 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm

About the smell, try using other shampoos. Oh, and my dogs have cologne! Try Pooch Park. They have choices.

• Reply Thegreatest August 12, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I didn’t know the “regular dog” smell was BO. lol

So where does one donate to the “send the Helga back to school” fund?

• Reply Nix August 13, 2011 at 12:39 am

I thought dogs were supposed to smell like that? And bathing them too often was bad? I recommend brushing him though.

Going back to school sounds like a good idea :)

• Reply Len August 13, 2011 at 1:07 am

Why is you skin always perfect?

And are those frolic shoes?

• Reply Chikay August 13, 2011 at 3:14 am

Wowowow. You make shok-shok look classy. Skillz. =’)

• Reply Hong Wei August 13, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Cute dog!

• Reply ron August 13, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Were you born with feet that are naturally tip-toed all the time? Just curious :)

• Reply Helga August 15, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Yup, stroke of luck. I feel sorry for those who weren’t!

• Reply ron August 13, 2011 at 10:55 pm

baths for dogs once a month also. anything more is overkill.

if your dog smells like fritos, aka corn chips, that’s their usual smell.

if it’s overbearing and N/G, it might be your dog’s food. dogs are carnivores, so check your dog food’s ingredients. the first ingredients should all be proteins, also avoid “chicken meal” “turkey meal” as they are food scraps which we can only imagine to be “acceptable”

• Reply Dea August 14, 2011 at 12:30 am

Our Labrador still has that dog smell even right after a bath, I was told that Labs are like that talaga.

Your dog is so pogi!

• Reply Ela August 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Cow is really cute!
    We have a couple of dogs here and they smell like… well, dogs. I don’t know if they smell “bad” or whatever because I’m used to them.

• Reply Jad August 15, 2011 at 6:55 pm

We don’t feed our dogs commercial pet food – we noticed that they tend to smell worse when on a canned/bagged pet food diet. Having long hair also makes them stink if they get wet. But I notice your puppy doesn’t have long hair anyway so he shouldn’t stink as much.

So anyway, we just give them food that is suited for dogs, and no scraps from the table because people food effs them up. They’re also on a liver diet – it helps their coats look good and they love it. The result is they smell great even if you don’t give them baths (one in particular hates baths but thankfully he doesn’t stink at all because of his diet and short hair).

• Reply Dre August 18, 2011 at 10:03 am

My dog is of mixed breed, japanese spitz/labrador retriever. I bathe her every 2 weeks; sometimes every week. I use Cardinal 3-in-1 shampoo and she can smell glorious in 10 days. Doggy smell starts after 10 days. :)

• Reply Sam August 19, 2011 at 11:12 pm

We have a shih tzu for a dog. He also smells most of the time, if not all the time. Mainly, because he always runs around and stuff and goes inside the weirdest corners of the house.

But according to the vet, Oslo (the dog) has ear infection, too, that contributes to his foul odor sometimes. It’s not really the dog that smells but the dirt or infection in his ear. Also, the comment above is right, too. Just brush his hair often so he won’t smell. And you can use ionized water for spraying pag hindi pa siya naliligo. :)

• Reply Suyen August 20, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I have 2 pomspitz – Sonja & Lucian. Lucian smells good all the time but Sonja smells a day or two later even after giving her a bath . They both eat the same food so I don’t think that’s the problem. I guess it’s really just how they are, you know how some people just naturally smell good or bad no matter what they do? (I don’t know what I’m talking about.) Haha

• Reply Suyen August 20, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh and here are my kids :)

• Reply Lauren September 12, 2011 at 8:12 pm

• Reply Helga September 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm

My mom got them from the Megamall department store, I think! Michael’s, it says on the sole.

I ordered stuff from Shoe Room, have you heard of them?