behind the scenes

Busy Days Up Ahead…

And I couldn’t be more excited! And panicked. Excited and panicked! Not the kind of busy one should buy a planner for (it’s 2011, that’s why smartphones exist), but definitely the kind one has to learn how to manage time for (something I’ve been struggling with for over two decades now).

Most of you know I work full-time but recently, I’ve started freelancing on the side to help a bit and finance the vices (that I will have to ditch soon). Eventually, I would like to just part-time (ideally, from the comforts of mi casa) and freelance on my days off. When I’ve figured out what it is I really want, I’ll go back to full-timing. I’ve talked it over with my boyfriend who also doubles as my life coach and we’ve set a minimum amount of income I need to be raking in monthly to be sufficient. It’s very doable but all very scary so I shouldn’t let the uncertainty get the best of me. I should probably get some sort of document management software, too.

I have a four-day weekend coming up and I’m aiming to squeeze in as much work as I can while keeping the amount of cigarettes and mugs of coffee consumed down to a decent, acceptable number. I’m also hoping I don’t get distracted by my couch, movies, and my favorite Disney stars (Miley, Demi, and Vanessa, if you must know).

Anyway, enough yapping. Yesterday and today, I brought out my hipster glasses hoping to snap an updated version of this photo:

hipster girl

Flickr link.

Aaaand this is what I got:

hipster girl

Here are more utterly useless photos:

hipster girl

hipster girl

hipster girl

hipster girl

hipster girl

Just so you all know— I no longer leave the house wearing my fakey glasses. I’m done with that obnoxious phase.

• Reply Justine August 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I am in love with your hair color now, I say it’s in the best color state so far :)

Good luck with your freelancing! I wish I could be like that but when I’m at home it’s just automatically on lazy mode for me so I need a workplace to keep me motivated. Really admire people who are able to freelance and stick with it.

• Reply Helga August 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Yeah, I need to not be lazy when I’m home, too. I gotta learn new habits!

• Reply Nicolah August 24, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I love the sunglasses! I want them.

Good luck with freelancing. I know it’s what you want to do. I guess you just got to set everything up to make that doable.

• Reply eean August 24, 2011 at 8:52 pm

The update is no longer hipster. It’s va va va voom

• Reply Fat August 24, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I like your round lens sunglasses Helga! <3

• Reply Ochi August 25, 2011 at 12:02 am

Where do you live, Helga? Do you rent? Your house seems so nice.

• Reply Helga August 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I rent! And it’s decent, haha, not super nice, and the lady next-door is a miserable hag. But it’s a roof over my head and I have hot showers in the morning.

• Reply Ochi August 27, 2011 at 3:58 am

OMG, can I just replace your neighbor. I want that kind of house. Haha.

• Reply Kristine August 25, 2011 at 2:33 am

That pair of glasses look just like the old school glasses my mom used to wear back in her college days. You look fab!

Also, good luck with the new plan with work and stuff.

• Reply Claire August 25, 2011 at 8:46 am

“Eventually, I would like to just part-time (ideally, from the comforts of mi casa) and freelance on my days off. ”

This would be a nice life setup indeed. Good luck! And don’t overwork the long weekend! :D

• Reply Caitlin August 25, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Hey! Thanks for the comment! Your blog is great, I’ll definitely be stopping by here a lot! Also, I like those hair claws hehe :D

• Reply Bea August 26, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Hi miss helga, Just wanna know the color of you hair on the 2nd picture? thank you!

• Reply Sam August 27, 2011 at 2:50 am

OH It’s the hipster ipsum photo :O
    WELL I think you’ve got a solid plan and I think you have what it takes to make it WERK ;)

• Reply tiff September 1, 2011 at 3:17 pm

The combination of your hairstyle, the color of the glasses, your skin tone and your face makes a really sexy and lovely picture. If I was a creep, I would totally make that picture (the third one) my desktop background. lolz

• Reply Ron September 5, 2011 at 11:45 am

Love the hairstyle and color. When I arrived home, I have to look for a work because there are times that boredm strikes my mood. If that’s the case I will just watch tv by then and sleep. Wish you luck on freelancing.

• Reply Becky October 9, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I love your hipster glasses. I need real glasses and I was wondering where you got those glasses from?

• Reply Helga October 9, 2012 at 4:00 pm

A kiosk in one of our local malls :)