the internets

Current Distraction: Pottermore!

I finally got my Pottermore welcome email last Monday. Silly me totally missed it in my inbox which was just as well, seeing that Monday was the only time out of my 4-day weekend that I got any work done (I’m a pro at slacking, you see, and researching about the liquid image summit series is just too interesting). I’ve had some time to explore the site and I am in love with it! The art is perfection and I feel like a kitty in a room full of moving squeaky toys. I’m in a frenzy! There is so much to do!

I am very unhappy with the Sorting Hat, though.

My battle cry during early registration week was “ANYTHING BUT HUFFLEPUFF!” It’s hard to pick a favorite Hogwarts house. When I first started reading the books nine years ago (I was late to the Harry Potter party), I was immediately drawn to Slytherin because I fancied myself a ruthless and evil little witch. As the years passed, I softened up to Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. I was never fond of Hufflepuff, despite sharing the same first name as their founder.

Life is a hoot.

I’m currently in Chapter 15 and in the middle of brewing a potion for curing boils. Here are a few screencaps of what’s inside Pottermore, for those who don’t have access yet and are curious:

My wand: sycamore with dragon core, eleven and a half inches, slightly springy.

My wand is out of control.

Into the forbidden forest…

Are you on Pottemore? What’s your username? Add me, I’m SkyQuill115!

• Reply Rashina August 31, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Added. :)

• Reply Sarah September 1, 2011 at 12:47 am

HOW CAN I MISS POTTERMORE???? *i blame workkkk* October feels like a kadillion years awaaaaayyyyyy… *dying*

• Reply Nix September 1, 2011 at 2:58 am

ENVY! I’m still waiting for my welcome letter. -sadface- It’s taking so looong, i hate it. I think i feel the same way, anything but Hufflepuff! But whatever, as long as i get in. LOL.

Oh my friend registered me, i am RainSky113. XD

• Reply freul September 1, 2011 at 3:29 am

It’s so pretty! <3 I haven't received my welcome email huhuhu. But thank you for the pictures, Helga. :D

• Reply altheasarah September 1, 2011 at 7:44 am

Hi Helga! My brother & I was not able to make it on time to register. May I ask how one will be notified if reg is already open? Would you know? Thanks!

• Reply Nicolah September 1, 2011 at 8:07 am

I haven’t read any of the books & honestly have no clue what this is lol. Aside from people talking about it on twitter. But it looks like fun!

• Reply Camille September 1, 2011 at 9:51 am

Still waiting for mine! I hope I’m not in Hufflepuff :( The site looks delicious :D

• Reply tiff September 1, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Hahaha I find it so funny and cute at the same time that you’re totally into this game-thingy you call Pottermore. I’ve heard of it, but never really looked into it to know what it is. o.O

Though, judging by these screenshots. I’m intrigued.

• Reply Claire September 1, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hmm, does the site ask for your name? I wonder if using the name “Rowena” will put me into Ravenclaw… or “Godric” into Gryffindor. Haha.

Anyway, I never felt envious of my friends and orgmates who got their emails and never felt much desire to join the site until I saw this post. INGGIT MUCH! :)) Haha

• Reply yummy lopez September 6, 2011 at 1:08 am

I’m gonna add you. I’m in Hufflepuff and wasn’t expecting that one too. If only I could change few of m answers. :)))) See you on Pottermore. ScarletFirebolt185 here BTW. :D

• Reply nuttyontheside September 6, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I hope I didn’t miss my welcome email or something :( Hurrrr. Looks super nice!

• Reply Rose September 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I just got my email last night and I was too giddy to be sorted so I went home early from work.:) People weren’t kidding when they said the site was addicting. You’re right, there is just so much to do and explore in each chapter.

I’m QuaffleSky99 there. :)

• Reply Dre September 9, 2011 at 9:23 am

I added you! I’m on Gryffindor, username BladeEcho18 :)

• Reply John Steven September 11, 2011 at 1:49 am

Welcome to Hufflepuff! Long live the bumbling honey badger of mediocrity. ;)