travel

Snapshots From Singapore

Nan.

Art school kids.

Singapore

We got lost looking for Haji Lane and walked what seemed like… 5 kilometers. I wish I could do that in Metro Manila.

Jack.

Singapore

I’m pretty sure the reason we missed our flight home was because I kept asking to stop and take photos with stray cats.

Singapore is a lovely walkable, bike-able, and breathable country/city. I cannot wait to go back next year. Definitely staying longer next time!

20 Comments

• Reply Stefhamae September 28, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I didn’t know that there are lots of stray cats in Singapore. They don’t look abused too!

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 11:13 pm

They have mean faces but they seem well-fed! And there aren’t a lot of them din.

• Reply Ela September 28, 2011 at 2:47 pm

The stray cats look fat and healthy, unlike the ones here.
    Singapore seems really clean and beautiful! Or is it just the photos?

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 2:57 pm

It’s clean! There are the occasional cigarette butts and we passed a bridge littered with slurpee cups and alcohol bottles at night, but there are trash bins every few meters and it’s deffo nowhere near as dirty as Manila.

• Reply Marina September 28, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Hehe! I’m surprised that you said Singapore is breatheable! Haha.

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm

OMG if you think Singapore is polluted, Manila will kill you!

I’m going back next year and staying longer!!!!!!!

• Reply Thegreatest September 28, 2011 at 4:03 pm

It’s like you went touristing in SG for the kitties. <3

• Reply Fathousecat September 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Hah! Right. There are a lot of stray cats in SG, but they look so clean and so Cute hehe :) When I was there for a 1mnth vacation, the only friend I had was a Cat. Ohh? Was that in Bugis? It’s like divisoria but way more cleaner and much like paradise hrhr~ SG has pure of awesomeness! I like your hair lah! <3

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Hmmm we went to Bugis for brunch and then to the Greenhills-esque part after… I kinda sped through it lang and exited without buying anything cos the stuff was kinda baduy hehe. It smelled like durian inside, too, lol.

Thank you! <3

• Reply Justine September 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Love your photos and omg Lykke Li <3

You definitely should stay longer! Singapore is one of my favorite places despite going back so many times already. The shopping, the food, the nightlife and just the really clean "all-the-time-to-yourself" atmosphere, albeit stuff are quite pricey (except food NOM).

Haha you and your cat obsession. Ky0t. :))

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I hope I don’t get lazy and try to look for work there next year! Ugh, I want first world living!!!

• Reply Justine September 29, 2011 at 11:47 am

Me too! Really wanna work there! I got interviewed by Google, but I didn’t get it sadly ;( kinda discouraged me for a while but I rly rly wanna live in Singapore hahaha

• Reply Aldo September 28, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Where did you stay at? Reviews?

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 11:01 pm

We stayed at my friend’s! We’ll be staying at a hostel next time, though, because she got a roommate the weekend after we left haha.

• Reply Isabel September 28, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Did you happen to stay at Holland?

• Reply Helga September 28, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Hi! I had to google Holland. Nope, we stayed in the Queenstown area!

• Reply Katy September 29, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Love these snapshots!

• Reply Irene September 30, 2011 at 9:55 am

I SEE COMIC SANS, SINGAPORE IS NOW TAINTED FOR ME.

• Reply Wendy October 2, 2011 at 6:18 am

I have been living here for quite a while and I don’t have much photos of Singapore.. actually I haven’t even seen the whole SG! really nice snaps!

Singaporean seems to love cats, people would even put cat food somewhere to make sure those stray cats are well fed. They are tons of them! I wonder why I don’t see stray dogs! :D

Have you seen and heard the Orchard Road birds?

• Reply Helga October 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm