Patterns Will Be the Death of Me

I haven’t been posting outfit-y photos lately for several reasons:
-my clothes bore me
-I’ve been lazy (too lazy to make an effort, too lazy to take photos, etc etc)
-my 50mm lens broke again. This actually happened in Singapore because I was careless with it. Being able to walk around with your dSLR in full view and not worry about getting mugged is such a nice feeling. I had my camera slung around my right shoulder while walking and shopping and probably banged it around shelves etc a few times =/
-my camera remote’s battery is dead (I got a fresh one this afternoon)
-I’m out of clothes

I wasn’t supposed to update my blog today (too much work to do!) but as I looked at myself before leaving the house, all I could think about was how this plaid on floral mess needed to be photographed and posted.

Before changing my shoes.

Needs moar patterns.

Blonde hair, don’t care.

I’ve never been a fan of plaid but I think I’m warming up to it. In my head, plaid is such a tough pattern (despite my demeanor, I like girly stuff!), that wearing it has the same effect that listening to hip-hop has on me— it makes me want to fuck some shit up. Slap on some heavy boots and you’ve got me feeling like I can overthrow the goddamn government or chop down some stupid trees etc.

Plus, plaid kind of makes me think of my high school’s annual Barn Dance.

I worry I’m going to start hoarding plaid tops now and make a habit out of throwing it on top of girl/dainty dresses, like I did a couple of weeks ago:

At least it’ll be the end of my denim cut-offs phase.

• Reply Carina September 30, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I like plaid precisely because it makes me feel like I can beat the shit out of things!!! YAY PLAID. YAY PLAID OVER GIRLY DRESSES! I do that a lot :D Mostly because girly things by themselves never seem right to me. Hee.

• Reply China September 30, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I also think of lumberjacks when I see plaid tops. But I like them nonetheless.

• Reply Astrea October 1, 2011 at 5:12 pm

You look so smug in these pictures, I adore it hahah. You’re really working that blonde, plaid is working for you, etc. XOXO.

• Reply susy October 2, 2011 at 10:15 am

i love YOUR DRESS HELGA!!!! :D
    loving the paaatternn! i really want to get some of my own patterned dresses because summers sneakingg up on us in australia haha

and wow it looks like your hair on the shaved side grew out SO FAST or are you covering it with your other hair? :P loving the colour! you always dare to use new colours when i never can haha

• Reply Melai October 2, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for visiting my blog :) Yeah! I’ve been to your flickr na nga super love it! Haha. Thanks for complimenting the shoes on my store. :) yez one of these days, feel free to get one when you decide on something. See you more in other blogger activities! :)

Melai of Style and Soul

• Reply Irene October 3, 2011 at 4:22 am

I think the second outfit is my favourite but they both include plaid and you so obviously I luv them both.

• Reply Ashley October 3, 2011 at 11:59 am

I’d still hit, just sayin

• Reply Alikoy October 4, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Barn dance. 0_o The thought of it gives me the heebie-jeebies. And I used to get excited for that, too. *criiiiinge*

• Reply Nicolah October 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I like girly plaids! They’re my favorite lol. But I need to go clothes shopping badly. I’m waiting to get paid.

• Reply Monica October 19, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Ang bilis tumubo ng hair mo! LAVET.