outfits

Hello, October!

The good thing about having a blog is that you don’t have to rack your brain to remember what exactly you were doing a year ago. This time last year, I was getting ready to model lingerie for House of Vanita, still had dark hair, was dedicated to working on my fitness, and had no clue what I wanted for myself, career-wise (rather— I never gave it much thought).

I can’t believe it’s been a year and it’s alarming how time flies once the -ber months hit; 2011 is almost over!

Normally, I do a quick re-assessment of my life every time a year is nearing its end. It may not seem like it, but I’m big on self-improvement! This time, though, I only have one goal for October and for the remainder of the year— focus and quit procrastinating!

Sometimes, I forget that I don’t have all the time in the world (something I hope to change soon, by the way) and get sidetracked by so many things. I’m still learning. I feel like I spoil or reward myself too much and I need to stop doing that. For example: I’ve recently taken a break from cigarettes (I would like to say “I’ve quit”, but I’m taking it one day at a time and don’t want to set myself up for disappointment) and I thought about how I’ve also quit sugar and have limited eating chips to once a week. No nicotine, no sugar, no junk food… is that a life worth living?!

Guess who went NUTS over junk food this weekend? Guess who also placed an order for four new pairs of shoes as a reward (ya know, for saving money I would have otherwise spent on cigarettes)?

Some day, I am going to learn that money not spent is money saved (as opposed to money not spent is money wasted).

H&M Divided sweater, thrifted shorts, Shoe Room flats, SM Accessories hat.

Here’s to a productive and a lucrative October!

13 Comments

• Reply Len October 3, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I like the peachy color of your blush and lip! You’re so pretty, helga!!! :)

• Reply Helga October 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Thanks, Len! Happy birthday!!!!

• Reply Justine October 3, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Cheers to us Helga! Love the ensemble, it’s so cute. I guess I like it because it’s usually how I normally dress, so much for comfort right?

But sigh I know what you mean. Money saved on other things end up going to other other other things so it’s like a merry go round lalala~ enjoy life but just don’t overdo things. As they always say :)

• Reply Alikoy October 3, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I should share your goals. I’m too good in procrastinating (or as I sometimes call it, productive stalling).

• Reply Kisty October 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I have the same problem. I also think I spoil myself too much, especially when it comes to shopping. :( But no sugar and junk food? I don’t think I’ll be able to live..

• Reply Helga October 3, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Giving up sugar is actually easy! It sucks lang cos I go crazy pag cheat days =/

• Reply Jayrin October 3, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Good job on the ciggie thing! :) Loving these pictures, so fresh and so clean!

• Reply Claire October 3, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Funny, I do the same things! Looking at last year’s blog archives and assessing myself at the end of the year. For the same reason too! Self-improvement. :)

• Reply Crystal October 4, 2011 at 9:22 am

You look so cute in your comfy sweater! You definitely don’t look like you’ve been eating all that bacon you always talk about. So you quit smoking & I started.. -__-

• Reply John Steven October 4, 2011 at 12:48 pm

This time last year I was on vacation in Thailand, y’know next week will be our meeting anniversary!

• Reply Maria October 6, 2011 at 3:22 am

I find it really hard to save money. It is not that I hate money; I just like spending it on myself as a reward. I must really learn that money saved is not wasted. Anyway, I like the look. You did a great job with your diet. I liked how you combined the whole outfit.

• Reply Holly October 6, 2011 at 10:49 am

YAY for four new pairs of shoes!

Also, I know, this year has gone ridiculously quickly. It’s a little scary actually. :O

• Reply Nicolah October 7, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I can’t believe it’s October already. Time is flying. I remember the lingerie modeling! Doesn’t feel like a year ago.