behind the scenes, lists

On The Bandwagon: Ten Facts About Me

Fact Numero Zero: I have a slight gap tooth.

I saw this on Ashley‘s blog and since I treat blogging as a job and need 8 more entries by the 15th… why not do it, too?! Some of these I may have already posted on here (when you’ve had the same blog for five years and have been blogging for way longer, it’s kinda unavoidable), but that’s okay, I guess.

ONE: I have a two-inch scar on my upper right thigh that used to be longer. My brother accidentally scratched me with a color pen there when we were younger.

TWO: I almost drowned when I was 11/12. I was swimming and an undercurrent pulled me, well, under. I tumbled a few times and could not free myself; good thing my dad was there. It was honestly one of the scariest feelings ever. I would not want to die drowning.

THREE: I don’t know how to drive, wiggle my ears, wink, raise an eyebrow, or whistle.

FOUR: I have body issues and had my share of fad/crash diets (like austin quick weight loss) and diet pills. I will probably always worry about my body but it’s no longer something that occupies my mind 24/7.

FIVE: A few things I am terrible at: saving money, replying to emails/SMS-es in a timely fashion, focusing, multi-tasking, dealing with slow computers (oh, how I RAGE), waking up early.

SIX: A few things I am good at: spending money, eating, panicking, raging.

SEVEN: I started smoking because of a crush. LOL, I know.

EIGHT: I managed to keep my blogging/internet shenanigans a secret from my family until I accidentally emailed my URLs to my dad two years ago. I was briefly mortified but I convinced myself that I was/am an adult and that it’s okay.

NINE: I met my boyfriend through this blog. He got me drunk and took me dancing on our first date.

TEN: I was a competitive swimmer in high school and college and was pretty darn good at it, too. My peers teased me a lot for having dark skin (I used to train under the sun!) and goggle marks; it bothered me at that time and is probably one of the reasons why I wasn’t in love with the sport. Unfortunately, teenage Helga cared about the dumbest things.

• Reply Thegreatest October 10, 2011 at 11:51 pm

You got drunk on your own. I just watched and plotted.

• Reply Ashley October 11, 2011 at 1:51 am

Ha love your boyfriend’s comment. May I steal this for my blog?

• Reply Helga October 11, 2011 at 9:28 am

Go ahead! I wanna read yours, too.

• Reply Nichie October 11, 2011 at 2:23 am

“SIX: A few things I am good at: spending money, eating, panicking, raging.”

Haha. :)) Your happy face is so cute. Oh hey! I’ve got a scar on my upper right thigh as well! But I scratched it on a cabinet handle.

• Reply Tracy October 11, 2011 at 3:39 am

I think you got drunk on your own as well :P
    I was a competitive swimmer too – had to stop because in the winter, I always got sick :D Love that photo btw!

• Reply Ilaria October 11, 2011 at 5:12 am

I remember that you used to be a swimmer, I read it on your previous blog at LJ or something.
    I’m terrible at multi-tasking too, I prefer doing one task at a time so I can do it well.

• Reply Angelique October 11, 2011 at 11:19 am

I can relate to this item

• Reply Justine October 11, 2011 at 11:31 am

I’m sure you got drunk on your own Helga :p FIVE, SIX and SEVEN.. you and I are exactly the same when it comes to that.

I wanna do this one of these days too.

• Reply Ela October 11, 2011 at 11:46 am

I almost drowned too, when I was 16 years old. I was in a wave pool, went under, and started thrashing around because I couldn’t surface. The lifeguards had to throw me a lifebuoy and everyone was watching; I was so mortified!

• Reply Holly October 11, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Hahaha I love that you met your boyfriend through your blog! That is awesome! I also love your pink hair in that photo!

• Reply Alikoy October 12, 2011 at 12:42 am

5 and 6! Haha.

I don’t remember you as a swimmer (we went to the same high school), mostly we just knew you as “that pretty senior”. Then again, I seldom got to attend the swimming events because crush played basketball. Hahaha.

• Reply Nicolah October 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I should go do this on my blog. I didn’t know you were a swimmer!

• Reply DK October 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm

He got me drunk and took me dancing<< I like this string of words. (and then you fell in love?) He got me drunk, took me dancing, I fell in love?

• Reply Gin October 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

“He got me drunk and took me dancing” <3

• Reply tiff October 15, 2011 at 2:53 pm

1. Geez, that’s horrible. Did you plotted your revenge against him yet? When you mentioned your brother, I automatically remembered reading an entry of your’s (years ago)of pictures of your brother in like a swimsuit competition or something. And I remember being incredibly awe’d by his good physique and yeah, that’s it. LoLz.

2. I think two of the most terrifying ways to die is to either drown or be burned alive. Ugh. I can’t possibly imagine what you were going through, especially as a kid.

3. How can you not wink?!!? Unacceptable. Oh, and the fact that you don’t know how to drive, I didn’t know that. Is it due to choice or you just don’t know how?

5. I’m actually quite terrible at all, if not most of those as well.

6. Eating, yes. It’s one of my favorite hobbies!

7. /Facepalm DOH.

10. HA, watch out Michael Phelps!

• Reply Hole In One Contest Insurance March 14, 2012 at 9:53 am

Same here, i got bad with number five. Why does it so hard to save money, every time i have a little savings my family member got sick. But am not spend too much time in replying message unless it is important though. What i love most out of myself is that i could handle not much well but atleast know how to handle multi-tasking. It is really important that now a days you have multiple skills.

• Reply 10 Facts About Me « Love, Ashley January 18, 2013 at 7:09 am

[…] got this post idea from Helga, and I asked her if I could steal it. I will try to make these not so obvious or […]