events, tv, movies, books, music etc

Hanson Live in Manila and Cebu: Shout It Tour

Hanson Shout It Tour Manila and Cebu

I’ve been in such a frenzy since friends and I got word last week that Hanson was returning to Manila, and my bladder all but exploded when H.Net and Dayly Entertainment made the official announcement last Monday. It’s been seven years since their Manila concert and I honestly thought that that was it; that I’d never see them here again. This is incredible. This is fantastic. After March 31, 2012 (their Cebu show. They asked for two dates! Isn’t that amazing? And yes, my flight to Cebu has been booked!), I can welcome the apocalypse with open arms.

How do I explain Hanson’s music succinctly? Let me try: Hanson makes me feel proud to be American… and I’m not even American! I have— sometimes violently— loved this band for 14 years; that’s more than half my life. I have a line from one of their songs tattooed on my arm and I plan to get another Hanson-related tattoo before the year ends. I’ve loved them longer than I’ve loved my boyfriend. I don’t love them more, just to be clear, but I would choose Hanson’s music over bacon, white rice, black gel liner, vintage t shirts, and maybe even the possibility of a fifth season of Hannah Montana (like, Miley Stewart ten years after going public kind of thing). They’re kind of a big deal to me. I also cannot talk about Hanson without feeling like I am 12 again or without sounding batshit insane. It’s a fangirl thing.

You can check the HansonLiveinCebuandManila Facebook page for updates. Ticket prices for the Manila show are surprisingly cheap! But maybe that’s because I would be willing to spend an entire month’s salary (of all my 3 jobs) just to hear them live again.

TICKET PRICES (excludes 6% Ticketnet fee)

Patron VIP 4500
Patron 3500
Lower Box 3000
Upper Box A 2500
Upper Box B 1500
Gen Ad 500

Let me end this entry with a photo snapped backstage before the 2004 concert. It’s so meet-and-greet-y and ordinary look at how adorable we all are.

• Reply Len November 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

You’re so cute :3

• Reply Alikoy November 24, 2011 at 11:16 pm

We’re watching it in Cebu too! :) Hanson concert and Cebu vacay in one woohoo it’s gonna be an awesome weekend.

PS: I just noticed your recently played music, they’re all Hanson LOL excited much? :)

• Reply Jenni November 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

when i saw the photo at the end, i instantly went “aaawww!”
    lucky you! i’m peeing in my seat in anticipation for next year!

• Reply Amber November 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Adorable photo. This is exactly how I felt when I road tripped to Seattle to see my favourite band, Brand New, in Seattle for the first time after 8 years of obsession in September. I have everything they ever put out and all the things they didnt mean to have out. I have lyrics of theirs on my foot and neck. I appreciate your love. YOU FANGIRL ON, GF.

Have a fantastic time!

• Reply Kristine November 27, 2011 at 8:42 am

Their still around making music?! You don’t hear much about Hanson here in America.. :-( Gone are those boyband days, I suppose.

• Reply Helga November 27, 2011 at 9:39 pm

They are! They just wrapped up their US tour and are now on their international tour haha.

• Reply Jessica November 28, 2011 at 6:40 am

Oh, wow! Obsessed much, Helga? LOL I am so glad that you are going to get to see your favorite group in concert for a second time. :) Your friends and you look so young and innocent in that picture…but very cute. I guess that it’s time to shop for the perfect outfit. Have fun!

• Reply Kristine C. December 8, 2011 at 10:26 am

Hi Helga, how were u able to meet Hanson in 2004? Were u randomly selected amongst the members in Manila?