Normally, I avoid things like this. Nothing else makes me feel as inadequate and inferior as looking back at the year that was and feeling like I just spent 98% of my time nursing hangovers or eating junk food in my couch while fist-pumping to Jersey Shore. I kid you not, I really do fist-pump to Jersey Shore (and other things, like finding a can of Ma Ling in the kitchen) while around the house.
These year-end surveys are generally not good for my well-being. That, and no one really cares about these things (exceptions: my boyfriend and probably me, when I’m 40). But then, maybe it could be a good thing for me to start doing these things so I can be motivated to do better the next year, ya know?
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Shave the side of my head. The Azta stylist botched it up, though, so I might do it properly in 2012. We’ll see.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I guess? I threw out the jacket and didn’t have much time for DIY projects but I did watch 100 movies (I think I’m at 120+), clean out my closet, change my blog layout, and take more outfit photos (though I have been slacking on that lately). Not bad.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one comes to mind.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one comes to mind.
5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore and Malaysia.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
better time management skills, motivation, a pet otter.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Wee hours of January 8th, when I fell off a bar chair while dancing to You! Me! Dancing!. I had to go to the hospital and was out of commission for five days, you guys.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing at the NAPBAS loljk
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Injured my back, as mentioned in #7.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Montana, my Macbook Pro.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The NAPBAS and seeing Miley Cyrus live.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine. Powerful stuff.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Older or wiser?
Thinner or fatter?
Richer or poorer?
Richer in the sense that I had more money to spend but poorer because I spent all that money.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Work. Read more eyelash growth products reviews what what.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Eating lasagna in front of my laptop while wearing a ratty shirt.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Fringe and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Dislike, not hate. I was blissfully unaware of this chick’s existence until she reared her butt-ugly face into my life lol.
23. What was the best book you read?
Hex Hall series, not even kidding, do not judge me.
(The truth is that I did not do much reading this year because I was focused on catching up on TV shows and movies I had missed.)
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I think I only started listening to Childish Gambino this year.
25. What did you want and get?
A Macbook Pro.
26. What did you want and not get?
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Deathly Hallows 2, of course.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to the Neutrogena Hydro Boost launch, slept, and went to dinner with my mom and brother. It was pretty uneventful.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Taking the long-distance part out of my relationship. And a pet otter. And not losing Cow (I don’t wanna talk about it).
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Lazy and inconsistent.
31. What kept you sane?
The internet and beer.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
James McAvoy, mmm I want summodat.
33. What issue stirred you the most?
I feel like it would be a disservice to humanity not to say “RH BILL.”
34. Who did you miss?
This guy and my Korean friend, Sunday.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Quitting/drastically cutting down on smoking will do wonders to your abused stomach.