hair & beauty

Pony Mane Swag

S’much as I loved being that pink-haired girl, it was about time I changed things up a bit! Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to end up a DISASTER! Praise the hair gods it turned out KINDA OKAY! I don’t feel like re-typing everything here so if it pleases you, just click here to read why this started out as a crappy dye job.

A few things first: I don’t usually blog this late but I am all sorts of excited to post my new hairs. I also don’t usually wear that much makeup at 1am when I’m just sitting at home but I’m not about to debut my new hair to the WWW looking like a sad cat!

Here I am looking all smart and thoughtful:

My Little Pony Hair

Here I am licking the back of my teeth:

My Little Pony Hair

My Little Pony Hair

My hair is in a bad state right now but it’s nothing that a few keratin treatments and Moroccan argan oil can’t fix… I hope! I mean, look at that dry, fried mess!

From the left aka my angle~ (studies show I read somewhere on the internet that the left side of your mug generally looks better than the right because it shows more emotion):

My Little Pony Hair

From my right:

My Little Pony Hair

From the back:

My Little Pony Hair

SO GROSS, RIGHT. It can be fixed a little, though, SO IT’S ALL GOOD IN DA HOOD.

Here I am, looking as cute as Flitter Flutter:

My Little Pony Hair

I might add more violette to the back because it’s looking a bit too light for my liking. I also need to fix the top, near the part because the dye I smeared over it was too diluted and now it looks kinda gray/green. I like it, though!

Your bangs need fixing.
I know.

What hair dye did you use, Helga?
Crazy Color in Violette!

Where’d ya buy it from?! It was around 4GBP a bottle.

YES. My order totaled to 80USD and Beeunique declared the real value on dem documents so I had to pay an extra 1.4K. The QC Post Office gave me a receipt and a breakdown of the fees and all so SEEMS LEGIT. Lesson learned! Next time, don’t go over 50USD!

What conditioner did you dilute the dye in?

This is my first time using Crazy Color and I have no idea how long the color will last. Crossing my fingers for forevz!

Thanks to MLE for the title. Check out her own pony mane swag!

• Reply Ginnil May 3, 2012 at 2:17 am

Omg! I looove it <3 I'm planning to do pastel streaks but I'm not sure if the streaks will look good on my current hair color :( Is Directions a good brand? Watchuthink!!

• Reply Helga May 3, 2012 at 2:22 am

I think maganda lang yung darker shades ng Directions. Google the colors nalang for reviews. I used their Pastel Pink before and naging peach lang yung hair ko… and I was pearly blonde na nun!

• Reply Jad May 3, 2012 at 2:19 am

The color is SO much more awesome than the webcam pics! I love it, it’s so pastel and dreamy and shit ? I kind of want to eat the lilac part lulz

• Reply Jad May 3, 2012 at 2:20 am

• Reply Helga May 3, 2012 at 2:21 am

TIS SUPER CUTE, I hope it fades to gray!!!

• Reply Jad May 3, 2012 at 2:25 am

EEE I think it will fade to SILVER!!!

• Reply Helga May 3, 2012 at 2:28 am

PRAYING & HOPING!!! It was a kadiri yellow-orange when I started BECAUSE STUPID SHINEMOIST!!!!!!!

• Reply John Steven May 3, 2012 at 2:37 am

I agree, darken the violet on top and back and leave the pinkish underneath!

• Reply Angela May 3, 2012 at 2:51 am

Crazy Color doesn’t last so long. :( I had it on my hair, but decided to take it out. The stylist said, it’s almost like a semi-permanent…

• Reply Helga May 3, 2012 at 3:09 am

Eep! Hoping it’d last at least 3-4 weeks before fading. Magaling ako magpa-tagal ng semi-permanent cos I only shampoo once or twice a week hehe

• Reply Yam May 3, 2012 at 3:50 am

Pony mane somehow reminds me of The Unicorn Club too.

• Reply Helga May 3, 2012 at 2:23 pm

• Reply Crystal May 3, 2012 at 3:51 am

It reminds me of cotton candy! I wish I could dye my hair a fantasy shade. Is your hair dried out from the bleaching?

• Reply Jane May 3, 2012 at 6:57 am

Quite awesome….I think the front is stunning. Good job!

• Reply C May 3, 2012 at 9:42 am

Where’s a nice and affordable salon to get a keratin treatment?

• Reply malen May 3, 2012 at 9:44 am

crazy colour fire bleeds like hell, hopefully that doesn’t bleed as much. pero it stays up to 1-2 weeks on me (shampooing every other day or almost everyday)! it looks good on you!!!

• Reply dlysen May 3, 2012 at 10:22 am

Like ko parin ung pink hair, siguro nasanay na ako. Ngunit habang tinitigan ko ung blue hair ay ok din pala lalu na kung naka smile.

• Reply Yuki May 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

How can you manage to look good in EVERY. HAIR. COLOR. THERE IS???

I’m jelly (and probably, so are a lot more girls out there)!

• Reply Kisty May 3, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I WAAAAANT but I don’t want to go purple yet. :P
    Right now, I want to dye my hair red for a shoot and then dye it blue-green. Haha. Adik lang. Maybe I’ll dye my hair purple when I’m about to go back to dark brown.

Sayang yung dye ko though, so if you want my Manic Panic Purple Haze dye, just tell me! Only used once, for testing a small portion of my hair.

• Reply Ducky May 3, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Kisty, are you selling your Manic Panic Purple Haze Dye?

• Reply Kisty May 5, 2012 at 12:18 pm

@Ducky, are you interested in buying? But I can only sell it on June, pagbalik ko sa Pinas

• Reply sageguruamos May 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

fire transition to water
    fiery hot to hottest

way to go
    outa earth

• Reply Ducky May 3, 2012 at 8:27 pm

OMG! I just bought the shine moist bleach powder! Good thing I cut off some of my hair to do a test strand and yes it turns to orange(eek!). I went to HBCs too and said they don’t have hair bleach. Helga help?! How do I remove the orange color? I remember you said something about toner.

• Reply Helga May 3, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Hi, Ducky! Is it your first time bleaching your hair? If yes, it will really turn orange first :) If you’re aiming for pale yellow hair, you will have to bleach at least twice. Toner will also only work on golden to pale yellow hair.

What color do you plan to dye your hair?

• Reply Ducky May 3, 2012 at 9:00 pm

@Helga, I remember the saleslady saying that 9% color developer will turn my hair into yellow and the 12% one will make it more lighter. I was quite in doubt with what she told me because she even said that with the 12% it will turn white. May I ask how many minutes do you leave your hair with the bleach and can I bleach again just after? Where can I get a toner? I’ll be coloring it pink but not my whole head though. I wish I can rock any hair color too just like you do. You do a great DIY job on your hair, I wish I had your skills. haha.

• Reply Nix May 4, 2012 at 3:01 am

IT’S SO PRETTY! It does remind me of ponies, like my little pony. But it also reminds me of unicorns, IDKY. The color combination is <3

• Reply sarah May 4, 2012 at 10:31 am

You are beyond brave. The last time i dyed my hair was 2 years ago, i knooowwwww. Can I blame work? LOL. Purple works for you (spoken like a hair expert, which I’m not), well i think any color will work on you. Yay!

• Reply Trisha May 4, 2012 at 12:53 pm

This post makes me wanna go crazy on my hair color too!

• Reply Jean Marie May 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Hi dear, I saw your photo at Michelle Phan’s website look..

• Reply Crissy May 10, 2012 at 5:00 am

I love that purple.. it’s way cute with the pink :D

• Reply Crisel May 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Your hair looks amazing! It looks so much better than the bright pink one. You look a lot like an anime character with that make-up and tank top! ;p

• Reply Dafiny May 23, 2012 at 6:17 am

ive heard that mane-n-tail makes it grow fasterbut i heard thats just bucseae it makes your hair strongerso i guess any good shampoo really to keep it healthy dont wash too oftenjust treat it good..dont rip through it dont brush it when its wet and if you do just use a wide toothed comb start from the bottomuh avoid heat like blowdryers and straightners.but if you just HAVE to use those you can get heat protecting spray or surem (sp?)OHand you DONT HAVE TO TRIM IT if you dont have split endsthe only reason to trim hair is to get split ends off so they dont break off .which makes you lose if you dont have split need to cut ituh you can take hair, skin, and nail vitimansat cvs or walmart they give you vitimans your hair skin and nails need to be healthy.also deep condictioning treatments are good for itor a type of olive oil. wet your hair then put olive oil in it. leave it in over night. then in the morning wash it out. ^_^ it makes it softer. but uh sleep with a towel on your pellow cuz its kind of messy. or around your head. you really cant speed up hair growth. ive looked >.>so just keep it healthy.good luck xDtoodles noodles ^.^

• Reply Bluebell | DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET - Helga Weber's Personal Blog June 5, 2012 at 8:29 pm

[…] regret it but… #YOLO. I don’t even know why I did it since I was mega happy with my Twilight Sparkle hair but the spirit moved me and I guess we all make mistakes sometimes. Better blue hair than blue lips […]

• Reply Hair: A 2012 Recap | DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET - Helga Weber's Personal Blog December 19, 2012 at 12:11 am

[…] from Beeunique arrived in May (I had to pay PHP1500 in customs!!!) and I wasted no time trying Crazy Color Violette while still keeping some of the faded pink underneath. I really liked this on me and I regret not […]