hair & beauty

Skin Care Products I Currently Love

1 & 2 – Human Nature Balancing Facial Wash and Human Nature Hydrating Facial Wash. One is for oily skin and the other for dry, mature skin.

QORL, R U CONFUSED?! Do you have an extra face we don’t know about?!

I have oily skin and as much as I love the Balancing Facial Wash, I try not to use it everyday since it contains bamboo scrubs. Though the scrubs seem gentle enough, I am paranoid and don’t want to risk over-exfoliating so I alternate it with the Hydrating Facial Wash.

3 – Human Nature 100% Natural Purifying Facial Wash. Once upon a time, I relied on baking soda and a baby toothbrush to exfoliate my face weekly. I managed to keep up with it for a while but the “extra work” required (applying baking soda on my still wet face, gently brushing it with the toothbrush, rinsing it off) got a bit too tedious for me.

I only wish that HHN produced this in bigger sizes.

4 – Human Nature Balancing Face Toner. Best product ever! It does an amazing job at keeping my pimples at bay. I started running low on this a couple of weeks ago (I thought I had an extra bottle but it turns out it was empty lol) and since I work from home, I figured that I could skip it to make the product last a little longer. Zits started re-appearing, what a nightmare!

5 – Banana Boat Ultra Protect Sunscreen Lotion in SPF 80. I’m not overly picky when it comes to sunscreen (as long as it’s SPF 30 and up) and I’ll use whatever’s available. I got some Banana Boat products during Nuffnang’s screening of The Hunger Games last March so this is what I’ve been using. It’s a little thick and stings slightly (I use it on my foot tattoo, too) but it’s nothing I personally can’t handle.

I do need a new facial sunscreen, though, because I don’t like how this makes my makes my face feel sticky and grimy at the end of the day. As I told my boyfriend the first few times I used it: Ang lakas maka-libag!

(Technically, this shouldn’t be in the list since I don’t particularly love it but I needed to include the sunscreen I currently use!)

6 – Human Nature 100% Natural Moisturizing Day Fluid with 15 Vitamins & Minerals. I ran out of Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Water Gel a few weeks ago and have been using some leftover Myra-E moisturizer I received from Myra (I seriously have enough to last me a year!) a while back. I’ve never really liked HHN’s moisturizers (I bought their Sunflower and Papaya Day Moisturizer some time ago and it was too thick and I didn’t like the smell) but what I like about about this brand is that they’re always trying to improve the products they offer.

Frankly, this day moisturizer is a little too greasy for my liking (it always leaves a hair conditioner-like feel on my lips, too) but it’s all-natural so I’ll take it!

7 – Neutrogena Fine Fairness BB Cream. A favorite! And I’m not just saying that because I was part of the campaign. It’s always been my goal to wear as little makeup as possible. On mega-hot or mega-humid days and on Tomato Kick nights, I’m able to make do without my liquid foundation and just use this!

8 – Nourishing Night Oil. I’ve only recently started using this but I am liking how it’s non-greasy and easily absorbed by my skin!

19 Comments

• Reply Claire May 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I use 1, 2 and 4 as well! Like you, I’m scared of the bamboo scrubs so I use the moisturizing facial wash. I still wish HHN would take off the bamboo scrubs though.

• Reply Grysh May 7, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Hmm, I haven’t heard of these products. Well, except for Neutrogena. :)

• Reply Helga May 7, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Human Nature is fantastic! :) I love the company’s values, too.

• Reply Nix May 7, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I really should start taking care of my skin too. You inspire me to do so. <3

• Reply Sarah May 8, 2012 at 1:06 am

I may sound daft but Human Nature’s products.. Are they organic? I’m currently looking for new environment-friendly products :( My skin type is oily/combination and also acne-prone! And like you, I’m never oily. It turned out (without me knowing!) that I am!

Thanks Helga! Looking at Human Nature in Amazon :D

• Reply Helga May 8, 2012 at 1:11 am

Yes, they are! They also have a US store, just go to their website :)

• Reply Dani August 16, 2012 at 12:24 pm

@Helga, I love Human nature products! The only reason I became a dealer is beacuse of my love for their products. As you put it, their values are also inspiring as they try to help the Filipino people. If you feel like the moisturizers are too thick, you can try using the sunflower beauty oil, it removes pimple marks and balances moisture as well, oh! and it is non-greasy.

• Reply Dani August 16, 2012 at 12:24 pm

@Dani, *think the moisturizers

• Reply Helga August 16, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I had the sunflower beauty oil! I used it to remove my makeup lol.

• Reply Kim May 9, 2012 at 2:01 am

Very informative post you have here! I have only used Neutrogena but the rest is new to me. Which do you think is best if you have, a LOT of pimples?

Thanks for sharing!

-Kim

• Reply mary May 9, 2012 at 2:02 am

I love human nature! :) I am a big fan of watsons.

• Reply Anna May 9, 2012 at 10:09 am

Have you tried Neutrogena’s sunscreen? I think it’s not that sticky nor does it make my skin oilier than it already is. There’s also Invisible Zinc, which I find a bit thick so there might be difficulty in application.

• Reply Cathie May 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I’m currently using the Ultra Screen MD Sunblock for my face. It’s SPF 60 and is not as sticky as Banana Boat which I use for my body. It also doesn’t sting and absorbs onto the skin without the greasy feeling. Available at Watsons for around P250(?) I think, relatively cheaper than other brands.

• Reply Xyla May 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I also use the HHN toner. Less oily face for me =)

• Reply shane May 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I’m gonna try HHN products soon and see if it works best for me. They are organic right? Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Sunny May 20, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Woah, those skin care products look super extravagant! :O I have really oily skin, so I would love to try the first product. Hopefully it works! ^_^ Thanks so much for sharing ~

BTW, this is kind of random, but I love your website design! It’s really cute and pretty <3

• Reply Pierrine May 29, 2012 at 9:03 pm

“Human Nature Balancing Facial Wash and Human Nature Hydrating Facial Wash”. I like it because I have oily skin. I have sensitive skin too. I’m trying to be careful on skin care products I used to avoid negative results.

• Reply Gilbert December 21, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for introducing these skin care products. I’m been looking for products for my skin type and from your description of the products, I think I’ve already found what I’m looking for.

Gilbert,
    Cosmetics Thailand

• Reply Ian March 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Gotta love the Banaboat sunscreen! Always have been using it. Great value for money!