behind the scenes

Five Things On A Friday

About five years ago, I attempted to do a weekly thing called Friday Five. I guess I got lazy or I forgot about it because a quick look at my archives showed that my last Friday Five entry was in 2008.

Oops.

So this is me starting over with this weekly feature.

1) Jad sent me a slouchie! Not for free, of course, because nothing in this life is free! I’m supposed to send her a pair of wedge x creepers I bought last year that are too small on me but I have yet to haul my lazy bum to the nearest LBC. I will get to that this weekend or on Monday, I promise!

Jad runs her own shop, called Hats and Things, where she makes the cuuuuutest things for your head. She takes custom orders, too!

AWKWARD HAND, IDEK WHY.

="/

2) Not gonna lie: everytime I take my wig off, I can’t help but instantly feel unfeminine and ugly with my short, blue hair. I was browsing my archives the other week and found photos of my hair from 2008 (the last time I had long hair, it seems).

I miss having a good chunk of hair to grab so this just encourages me more to stay off the bleach for as long as I can and give my hair time to heal and stuff.

="/

3) I had a pretty fun week, the highlight being my shoot for NuffnangPH TV. We shot at Big Bad Wolf last Sunday and at The Collective on Wednesday (Tin and I had to wear the same outfit on both days, obviously). Here is a (not particularly flattering) photo of me knocking back a beer (my first or second of many; hello, HAPPY HOUR) at BBW, taken by Trixie:

Excited to see the final video!

="/

4) Little Miss Freakie has me worried because she hasn’t eaten the whole day. I’ve offered her raw chicken, raw gizzard, boiled chicken, cheddar, and a bit of sardine/sardine sauce and all she did was lap up a bit of the sauce and nibble a piece of cheddar. That supercute twat. I’m guessing she has a queasy stomach and needs to upchuck whatever’s making her feel ill but it breaks my heart seeing her rush to me whenever I’m banging shit around in the kitchen.

="/

5) I’m thinking of trying this 7-Day Detox/Cleanse. While I’m not gullible enough to believe I’ll lose 10 pounds in just a week, it seems like a good way to streamline my diet. Or something. At least I get to eat chicken!

13 Comments

• Reply Raisa July 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I heard soaking your hair in coconut oil then bleaching over that prevents damage. Never tried it, but a lot of people over at Long Hair Community seem to have great results. =) I use it as a regular leave-in and I loooove it.

• Reply Helga July 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

Yup! I have a bottle of VCO, too, and I leave it on for 18+ hours lol. Still waiting for my bottle of K Pak!

• Reply Chiui July 14, 2012 at 8:30 am

I actually tried that cleansing diet! it was so hard, but it worked! I didn’t lose 10 lbs, just 4 hahah. People noticed I lost weight though. :) Good luck!

• Reply the me July 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

give that spoiled feline some grass (not cannabis, though that would do her a lot of good, it being medicinal [and you too, instead of boozing on toxins and contributing to the coffers of the billionaire chinese].} cats and dogs chew on grass (that sustains large and small ruminants) and the enzymes detoxify their body systems via vomiting

• Reply Helga July 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

Crisis averted, cat back to gluttony self!

• Reply Rae July 14, 2012 at 10:24 pm

You said some entries ago that you don’t look good in black hair (something to that effect)

But you do!

• Reply Helga July 15, 2012 at 12:59 am

Haha, thanks :) It’s dark brown, tho!

• Reply Althea July 15, 2012 at 11:58 am

Darn! You get prettier each time I visit your blog! Quick question, where do you get your moroccan oil for your hair? Thanks :)

• Reply Jean July 17, 2012 at 9:56 am

Boobs are amazing! I was staring at them for like 10sec LOL. Wooot! Now I want Wacoal.

• Reply Helga July 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I swear by Wacoal!

• Reply Jad Montenegro July 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm

LOFF the slouchie on you bb! <3 I agree about the wig, I'd wear it all the time if only it wasn't so long. I'm thinking about feathering the ends and shortening it with an eyebrow razor! I used that method to cut my own hair e, maybe it will work with the wig. Oh and I'm trying a no-rice diet. So the other day I ate 4 siopao in a row. Somehow I don't think that's the way I'm supposed to do it. LOL.

• Reply Helga July 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm

LOLOLOL I used to eat a shit ton of siopao until I was told that they were loaded with calories cos of the stewed meat :'(