behind the scenes

Five Things On A Friday

About five years ago, I attempted to do a weekly thing called Friday Five. I guess I got lazy or I forgot about it because a quick look at my archives showed that my last Friday Five entry was in 2008.

So this is me starting over with this weekly feature.

1) Jad sent me a slouchie! Not for free, of course, because nothing in this life is free! I’m supposed to send her a pair of wedge x creepers I bought last year that are too small on me but I have yet to haul my lazy bum to the nearest LBC. I will get to that this weekend or on Monday, I promise!

Jad runs her own shop, called Hats and Things, where she makes the cuuuuutest things for your head. She takes custom orders, too!

2) Not gonna lie: everytime I take my wig off, I can’t help but instantly feel unfeminine and ugly with my short, blue hair. I was browsing my archives the other week and found photos of my hair from 2008 (the last time I had long hair, it seems).

I miss having a good chunk of hair to grab so this just encourages me more to stay off the bleach for as long as I can and give my hair time to heal and stuff.

3) I had a pretty fun week, the highlight being my shoot for NuffnangPH TV. We shot at Big Bad Wolf last Sunday and at The Collective on Wednesday (Tin and I had to wear the same outfit on both days, obviously). Here is a (not particularly flattering) photo of me knocking back a beer (my first or second of many; hello, HAPPY HOUR) at BBW, taken by Trixie:

Excited to see the final video!

4) Little Miss Freakie has me worried because she hasn’t eaten the whole day. I’ve offered her raw chicken, raw gizzard, boiled chicken, cheddar, and a bit of sardine/sardine sauce and all she did was lap up a bit of the sauce and nibble a piece of cheddar. That supercute twat. I’m guessing she has a queasy stomach and needs to upchuck whatever’s making her feel ill but it breaks my heart seeing her rush to me whenever I’m banging shit around in the kitchen.

5) I’m thinking of trying this 7-Day Detox/Cleanse. While I’m not gullible enough to believe I’ll lose 10 pounds in just a week, it seems like a good way to streamline my diet. Or something. At least I get to eat chicken!

• Reply Raisa July 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I heard soaking your hair in coconut oil then bleaching over that prevents damage. Never tried it, but a lot of people over at Long Hair Community seem to have great results. =) I use it as a regular leave-in and I loooove it.

• Reply Helga July 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

Yup! I have a bottle of VCO, too, and I leave it on for 18+ hours lol. Still waiting for my bottle of K Pak!

• Reply Chiui July 14, 2012 at 8:30 am

I actually tried that cleansing diet! it was so hard, but it worked! I didn’t lose 10 lbs, just 4 hahah. People noticed I lost weight though. :) Good luck!

• Reply the me July 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

give that spoiled feline some grass (not cannabis, though that would do her a lot of good, it being medicinal [and you too, instead of boozing on toxins and contributing to the coffers of the billionaire chinese].} cats and dogs chew on grass (that sustains large and small ruminants) and the enzymes detoxify their body systems via vomiting

• Reply Helga July 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

Crisis averted, cat back to gluttony self!

• Reply Rae July 14, 2012 at 10:24 pm

You said some entries ago that you don’t look good in black hair (something to that effect)

But you do!

• Reply Helga July 15, 2012 at 12:59 am

Haha, thanks :) It’s dark brown, tho!

• Reply Althea July 15, 2012 at 11:58 am

Darn! You get prettier each time I visit your blog! Quick question, where do you get your moroccan oil for your hair? Thanks :)

• Reply Jean July 17, 2012 at 9:56 am

Boobs are amazing! I was staring at them for like 10sec LOL. Wooot! Now I want Wacoal.

• Reply Helga July 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I swear by Wacoal!

• Reply Jad Montenegro July 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm

LOFF the slouchie on you bb! <3 I agree about the wig, I'd wear it all the time if only it wasn't so long. I'm thinking about feathering the ends and shortening it with an eyebrow razor! I used that method to cut my own hair e, maybe it will work with the wig. Oh and I'm trying a no-rice diet. So the other day I ate 4 siopao in a row. Somehow I don't think that's the way I'm supposed to do it. LOL.

• Reply Helga July 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm

LOLOLOL I used to eat a shit ton of siopao until I was told that they were loaded with calories cos of the stewed meat :'(