food, health & fitness, things I love

Things I Love Thursdays

My new crochet hook set!

Over a month ago, I re-acquainted myself with crochet because I needed more crafty! in my life. I ordered this 14-piece set from ebay for ~PHP200 and they arrived a couple of days ago. Of course, I haven’t touched any of my crochet projects in weeks, so I’m hoping these pretty little things would motivate me into finishing them.

I was torn between getting a bamboo set and this colorful aluminum one. In the end, I decided on the prettier of the two lol.

THIS CAT.

The two-piece Chickenjoy of my eyes <3

Blogilates!

I started working out again recently and I initially set out with attempt #2 of Jillian Michaels’ Ripped in 30. But honestly, I found myself ANGRY and RAGEY while doing it because there’s just something about Jillian Michaels that rubs me the wrong way. Even putting her on mute and blasting my workout playlist didn’t help because I still had to look at her face lol.

Enter Cassey Ho! This lady is ah-may-zeeeeng. Granted, a lot of people find her annoying (my bf is one of them) but I really enjoy her workouts and personality. My current favorites are Call Me Maybe Mighty Squat Challenge, As Long As You Love Me Love Handle Challenge, POP Cardio Fat Melting Routine, and Bikini Blaster Awesomesauce Arms. I’ve also been doing the Miley Cyrus Ab Workout pictured above but I still struggle with Reach Behinds and Plank Kicks.

Tofu Veggie Fried Rice!

Healthy, delicious, and super easy to make! Anyone with half a brain can do this but if you’re like me, who had to google “how to cook string beans”—

1. Brown some firm tofu (I don’t understand how anyone can not like tofu! It’s the best!) in olive oil and then throw in your choice of vegetables (mine are carrots and string beans).
2. Cook until beans have softened (but not mushy!) and then throw in cooked red rice and soy sauce (or liquid aminos, if you’re fancy).
3. Heat for a couple of minutes, throw in an egg, scramble it quickly, and then turn off the stove.

Ta-da! You could use white rice, I guess, but red or brown are more nutritious and— if the internet is to be trusted— less carby. Or something.

I also like adding cayenne pepper for a bit of a kick. Next time I make this, I’m going to add some grated ginger because you can never go wrong with ginger.

(I stopped Slow Carb this week— thus, the red rice— because I realized I wasn’t getting enough calories and the deficit was making my body go into starvation mode.)

Lola Versus

“I gotta go wash my vagina.”
“Why??”
“What, you never just washed your vagina?”

13 Comments

• Reply NAN September 13, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I’m a slut, but I’m a good person!

• Reply Lizzie September 13, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I just can’t imagine you crocheting. :D

• Reply dlysen September 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Nice trivia, Is it all about you? I love it all… lols…

• Reply Joyce September 13, 2012 at 11:01 pm

LOL I love Cassey! I end up doing such shiny sparkly happy workout hours and then I’m sore for days LOL. I do the Tricep Toner and it hurts so bad after.

• Reply Thegreatest September 13, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I think you were getting enough carbs from the beer, hun =p

• Reply Tracy September 14, 2012 at 4:26 am

The rice looks good nomnomnom

• Reply Sarah September 14, 2012 at 4:42 am

I have the same crochet hook set! They’re amazing and so colourful! :)

I love Blogilates! Since last year, I’ve been watching (and sometimes, doing) her videos. I really like her! I think she’s really upbeat and fun!

• Reply Trisha September 19, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Love your new crochet hook set! Where do you buy the yarns that you use? :D I’m doing a lot of crochet myself though I haven’t actually blogged about them yet.

Hee :3 Kind of excited to know that you do crochet too. ^_^

• Reply Helga September 19, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I buy Monaco at the grocery in my neighborhood and Red Heart at the crafts store (VC Trading) in Farmer’s. I wish we had a yarn shop here lol

• Reply Trisha September 20, 2012 at 9:15 am

@Helga,

How much do you pay for each ball of yarn? There’s a yarn shopp at Glorietta 5 but they sell imported yarns mostly. And their local ones aren’t exactly that cheap (PHP15 for the local Red Heart).

I got to buy a whole lot of yarn when I went to Divi last August but it was a hassle to go there as I come all the way from Laguna. We definitely should have a yarn shop here. :))

• Reply Helga September 20, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I get Monaco for PHP13! Small Red Heart is PHP10 while the medium is PHP40. Large one is PHP350 (Supersaver).

Is that Carolina’s at G5?

• Reply edelweiza September 19, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I’d like to try to cook that fried rice version of yours. It looks healthy. :)

• Reply Trisha September 20, 2012 at 4:06 pm

There’s another yarn shop upstairs (3rd flr) in Glorietta 5 called Dreams. They sell imported yarns as well. :)

I got to buy Monaco yarn for 10pesos each from a shop at Divi. The local Red Heart there is 8.50pesos. If it wasn’t such a hassle to go there I’d go there frequently especially since I’ve been trying to work on bigger projects.