hair & beauty

In Which I Mess Up My Hair For The Nth Time

Oh, to be easily bored.

(Skip to the bottom of the entry if you’re just here for LMF.)

Tonight, I piled on some yarn and chain wrap bracelets around my head, looked in the mirror, and thought: “Wow, my roots are really gross.”

I had told myself I wouldn’t bleach my hair until October. But I also told myself back when I was 12 that I was going to be married to Taylor Hanson and have a kid (with him, just to be clear) at 26 but look at me now.

Taylor Hanson

Please stop.

So I took out the bleach powder, developer and shampoo and mixed myself a bleach bath. Carefully applied to the roots but since it is a bleach bath and very runny, I just ended up bathing my whole head in it. Left it on until the black had lightened to an extra dirty blonde (fifteen minutes), rinsed, conditioned the shit out of it, and dried my hair. I had no idea what I wanted to do.

I thought I’d test some colors and see if any of them called out to me. My mistake was going overboard and making two big chunky streaks with Crazy Color Pine Green and Crazy Color Pinkissimo (with a little Special Effects Blood Red). Then, as an afterthought, I made a little streak of Manic Panic Red Passion, all the while ready to pounce at the shitstain who lives next door because she banged shit around and yelled at LMF (who was probably out hunting for roaches and, imagining how filthy they are over there, she probably hit the jackpot by their door).

You do not bang shit around to get your point across but I really don’t expect anything else from her because she’s a useless lying lowlife with no ounce of credibility. This is the same asshat who shredded cardboard and scattered it near their door and took a knife to their box to make it seem that my then-dog (I miss you, Cow) was destroying their things. LOL.

I hope she reads my blog.

Anyway, it’s kind of a disaster.

I applied the dye undiluted and I’m really not feeling the Pine Green and Pinkissimo. However, Red Passion is looking kinda pretty and I’m thinking I could do some subtle streaks WHACHUTHINK.

I didn’t even brush over the roots LOL

Luckily, semi-permanent dye can be faded pretty easily. A few shampoos with Head and Shoulders should do it, I hope. Or, it could grow on me. Who knows.

I’m still waiting on a box (it’s been two months!!!) that contains my Joico K Pak Reconstructor (I have so much hope on this product and it better not disappoint. It was also expensive) and a couple of purple/violet Special Effects dye. I really like the Crazy Color Violette on me and I might go a full head of lilac/lavender when I get my stuff.

Sometimes, I think it’s high time I stop messing around with my hair and just dye it brown.

And here is a picture of LMF:

• Reply John Steven September 19, 2012 at 3:40 am

The mint green was good, but this is TOO green! It’s toxic/alien green. :(

• Reply Helga September 19, 2012 at 4:04 am

HAY KNOW :((( And now the mint green is yellowy :(

• Reply dlysen September 19, 2012 at 3:57 am

Naubaybayan ko ata ang season changes ng kulay ng hair mo. Nice compilation.

• Reply Irene September 19, 2012 at 4:10 am

I forgot how much I missed you as a blonde.

• Reply Kathleen September 19, 2012 at 5:08 am

I love this collage! I’m missing your pink series, I have a penchant for pink hairs. *u* Gusto ko rin mag-pink but…but…my skintone is preventing me from doing so. My friends are teasing me na magmumukha akong Nicki Minaj. Some even threatened to disown me as their friend. XD I’m looking forward on what you’ll do next to yer hair. :)

• Reply Helga September 19, 2012 at 11:48 am

OY NICKI IS GORGEOUS HA!!!! Wag lang tanggalin yung makeup.

• Reply Amy September 19, 2012 at 5:52 am

Ahh…I love the creativity and freedom you can have with your hair! I think my work would have a bitch fit if I came in with hair other than shades of blonde, brown, red, black, etc. I was thinking dark purple highlights if possible….

• Reply Ayzee September 19, 2012 at 6:07 am

I like it the way it is :) You’re just probably used to the more subtle streaks that’s why you’re iffy about this. :)

• Reply Emily September 19, 2012 at 11:34 am

I love your pink phase, but my favorite would have to be the tie-dye lookin one with the purples, blues and turquoises (hmm, not sure if that’s the actual color, hihi). I’m looking forward to seeing lilac/lavender on you. c:

Btw, I hope it’s cool if I asked for a little help. Please. c: I am currently in love with my purple ombre right now, but my tips are so fucked up from bleaching it four times in a row. It was stupid, I was impatient. This was before I found out about bleach baths from your blog. Hee. I’ve already attacked it twice with scissors and if I don’t stop, I could really screw up my hair. Conditioners and keratin hair treatments seem like they barely work. Or, they probably do, but dammit, they are taking forever. Any tips on a fast solution? I’m a little desperate right now. Hihi. Thank youuuu.

• Reply Helga September 19, 2012 at 11:51 am

Your hair might me damaged beyond repair na and need to chop off the tips. You can try using virgin coconut oil or Moroccan argan oil, too, tho I think the latter is more cosmetic… but it sure makes my hair feel super soft!

• Reply Ram September 19, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Red passion looks pretty good! The green one’s actually nice, though it’s too bright! Why not try ombre?

• Reply Helga September 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Too trendy!

• Reply Pink Haired Princess September 19, 2012 at 11:21 pm

New follower, first time commenting (you have a great blog btw). Am I the only one that likes the bright green with the pink? I think it looks super cool and that you’ve got just the right amount of it (any more and it may look meh), the bright pink is especially wicked and given that the rest of your hair is blonde, it works. Personally I’d cover the roots too, because I’m anal when it comes to things like that (yep mine desperately need done). I just bought CC Bubblegum Blue to try as a change to MP Atomic Turquoise and was previously lilac for months, but it’s a little too high maintenance for me. You look great with every colour.

• Reply Helga September 19, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Thanks! Your hair is gorgeous, I wish turquoise suited my skin tone.

M roots bother me, too, but I’m waiting on my K Pak before I attempt to do a full on bleach.

• Reply Pink Haired Princess September 20, 2012 at 11:14 pm

@Helga, Thank you sweetie, I think you do suit any colour! I was bright pink for many years then I got the bug to start experimenting. Living at home though I’m not ‘allowed’ certain colours (like the pink) incase it stains the bath!! My Bubblegum arrived y’day,so hoping that will be a nice, subtle change!

• Reply Stephen Battey September 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

I really like the pink color on the top right, the streaks I am not so sure about. It’s not terrible, but I think it could be better.

MAybe you could try more of a solid red? Like…the whole thing?

Couldn’t hurt to try right?

• Reply Lizzie September 20, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I wantz ur rainboe hurr!

The pastel pink with yellow undertone (?) is my fave, though. :)

• Reply Jenn September 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Even with the hair color changes, mukha pa ring mas healthy yung hair mo compared dun sa isa kong friend na mukhang na-fry talaga ang hair dahil sa salon.

• Reply Erin Nicole September 23, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I really like your hair even with the green and pink.

I’m not much for random colors but my grandma paid for my hair highlights. :) I got blonde highlights and I love them!

• Reply tiff October 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

This is so cool! Every hair color, every picture. I think the whole world looks forward to what you will come up with next.

• Reply Hair: A 2012 Recap | DITZ-REVOLUTION.NET - Helga Weber's Personal Blog December 19, 2012 at 12:11 am

[…] as red to get rid of. The blue dyes stained my hair and left me with ugly yellow and green tones! So I added some streaks just for lulz. It got a handful of compliments but I made the mistake of studying my face in an airplane bathroom […]