hair & beauty

Special Effects Wildflower and Cupcake Pink Cruella

Temporarily put my hopez and dreamz of a lavender-silver Cruella on hold!

Cruella Hair Special Effects Wildflower Special Effects Cupcake Pink

I’m not really sure if this counts as a Cruella as it’s not split down the middle. I have a side part and my face isn’t skinny enough to go back to full bangs so I made do with what I have. I tried my damnest to make the part as clean and straight as possible but it’s a bit tricky when you don’t have someone else to check it for you.

Cruella Hair Special Effects Wildflower Special Effects Cupcake Pink

I still like it, though!

I used Special Effects Wildflower and Cupcake Pink. I’m thinking the Wildflower was a bit of a mistake because I thought it would have a silver-gray fade. After looking around a bit, I found out that it has a pinky fade!

Cruella Hair Special Effects Wildflower Special Effects Cupcake Pink

The Cupcake Pink is also peach/coral on some bits as the top half of my head wasn’t pale yellow enough. I’ve added Crazy Color Lavender to my conditioner and plan to tone it with purple shampoo once a week to hopefully keep it from going peachy/keep it an icy color. Worst case scenario is that it turns a Katy Perry dusty pink, which I don’t mind!

As usual, the back is outta control! I need those layers to grow out past my nape.

Cruella Hair Special Effects Wildflower Special Effects Cupcake Pink

Hair is a bit dry as I BB-ed before dyeing so I’ll need to pile on the K-Pak and deep conditioner.

Cruella Hair Special Effects Wildflower Special Effects Cupcake Pink

I’m having my passport renewed tomorrow and I’m really hoping they don’t turn me away over my hair!

• Reply Nina December 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Oh noes, Wildflower has a pink fade? But on some people it turns silver/gray. I just ordered one, boo. Your hair is giving me a mad craving for cotton candy. :3

• Reply Tom December 5, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Very cute:)

• Reply dlysen December 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Hi Helga, I think its fine for renewing passport, you cans submit edited black hair photo anyway.

• Reply Jenny December 6, 2012 at 2:41 am

The idea that your hair will be this gorgeous for your passport is fantastic! Perfect pastel for, what, at least 5 years right? Or longer depending on expiration date!

• Reply Lacey December 6, 2012 at 4:39 am

I kind of like the way that the colors fade into each other! But then again, I can understand why you’d want them to be separate, if that was the look you’re going for. It’s still adorable, regardless!

• Reply tiff December 6, 2012 at 5:31 am

That is so cool! If they turn you down for a passport picture because of your hair THEN WE WILL RIOT.

• Reply Helga December 7, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Went smoothly! Except for one clueless guard haha

• Reply pammy December 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

hi helga! where do you get ur special effects dyes? do you get it from beeunique? how long does it ship to the philippines? thanks! :)

• Reply Helga December 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Less than a month from Beeunique. You can also try fatalimpact on ebay. I ordered my last 3 bottles of SFX from but waited a few months since it was sent via Balikbayan Box :)

• Reply Cher-Lights December 8, 2012 at 11:35 am

Hey ate Helga! big fan here :) Btw, I’m planning to cut my hair about the same length or shorter than yours next year. Do you think it’s worth the risk of cutting it kahit lampas likod na yung length ng hair ko? What does it feel like to have short hair? :O

• Reply Helga December 10, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Go for it! Hair grows back anyway :)

I loved having short hair but I’m missing my long hair and it’s taking forever to grow out, since I keep bleaching. I ordered extensions haha.