health & fitness

Infographic: Carbs Are Killing You

Stumbled upon this infographic while browsing the Slow Carb hashtag on Tumblr. I’m on my fourth day and I need all the motivation I can get not to cave in because damnit, this house has too many temptations.

Carbs Are Killing You

{Source} | Click to zoom in

Give me all the bacon!

(I miss rice.)

10 Comments

• Reply anonymous March 8, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I went low carb starting 2011. Lost 50 pounds easy peasy. No exercise at all. Went back to carbs last christmas. Gained about 15 pounds. Damn! I’m back to low carbing again.

• Reply Helga March 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Everyone gets a free pass during the holidays!

• Reply Dang March 8, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I read about the dangers of falling prey to “low fat” food, thinking we’re safe as long as we stick to that. This infographic is helpful, and, very cool too! Entertaining way to know.

• Reply Crystal March 9, 2013 at 11:47 am

I basically knew most of this but don’t follow it. It’s really hard to totally cut out carbs IMO! I need to do SOMETHING soon, bikini season is just around the corner!

• Reply Maria March 9, 2013 at 12:20 pm

mmm, my stomach has been unhappy for the past few months and I’m researching different things so I can eat better. This is good to know. I don’t have a lot of pounds to lose; I mostly want to have better nutrition so I can have a healthy body. But this is crazy sad cos I eat lots of carb-heavy food and I have my whole life. I don’t drink soda or beer, so that’s good, but pasta and bread are my two favorite things XD. thanks for sharing the infograph, this helps a lot in my research. :)

• Reply Nix Sayo March 20, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Thanks to you, I haven’t been eating rice for two weeks now. And avoiding all forms of carbs since Monday. I got inspired when you reblogged photos of the before and after photos on Tumblr which got me rethinking my eating habits. Losing pounds and inches don’t take a week or two. It takes dedication, really.

• Reply Helga March 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Oh wow, no rice for 2 weeks!!! I think I’ve eaten rice 4 or 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Improvement because I used to eat rice 3x a day!

Good luck to us! :)

• Reply M March 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Carbs aren’t the enemy, although ketosis WILL help you burn fat faster than you can say sluttymodelssleepingwithadexecs.

• Reply Ade June 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Dammit, if only rice wasn’t so awesome :(