Weekend Eats: Ally’s All-Day Breakfast Place

Photo from Ally’s on Facebook

I live for breakfast food. And I don’t mean any of that cereal and fruit nonsense. I’m Filipino and I like my weekend breakfasts big and hearty with copious amounts of sinangag. While most local joints offer all-day breakfast meals on their menu, I’ve always wanted a place dedicated solely to breakfast (that costs less and is nearer to me than IHOP or Heaven and Eggs).

I think it was on Election Day last May when Sanya and I first saw Ally’s along Malingap Street in Teacher’s Village (we were on our way to Uncle Moe’s and praying they would break the law and serve us beer) but we didn’t get to try the place until yesterday. It was late afternoon, I was starving and I wanted something salty and carb-y to reward myself for not getting drunk the previous night.

Off to Ally’s we went.

The place was only serving one table when we got there and I was a bit overwhelmed as I skimmed their menu. So many choices! I wanted to get a Lucban Longanisa silog meal but I saw they had frittatas and MY GOLLY, I LOVE FRITTATAS. We opted out of pancakes because Sanya’s inner fat girl was at church.

I apologize for the uninspiring photos, they are reflective of what I ate =/ Service was also slow; I think we waited half an hour for our orders to arrive and they were only serving three tables that afternoon!

Sanya ordered a Bacon and Egg Waffle Sandwich. She asked for her eggs to be over-easy, to which the kind ate replied with an “Ano po yun?”

“Ummmmmm,” Sanya looks at me, her hands making crumpling gestures in the air.
“Malasado?” I try.
“Malasado!” she exclaims.
“Okay po,” ate said.

Bacon and Egg Waffle Sandwich

The egg was not over-easy and the bacon was not crispy lol. Sanya gives her waffle sandwich 2 stars (out of 5). Please note that Sanya likes bad food.

I chose the Tinapa Frittata over the Cheesy Bacon Tomato one because I FRIKKEN LOVE TINAPA/TUYO/DRIED FISH/SARDINES (I automatically order Tinapa Pasta anywhere it’s offered).

Tinapa “Frittata”

I expected a frittata and got an omelet totally not worth the PHP130 I paid for!!! Mura lang naman ang itlog, noh! Had I also known it was going to be like that, I would have gotten a side order of breakfast rice instead of pesto bread (which was barely toasted buttered bread) or just ordered something completely different. Seriously, PHP130 for that omelet…

It was okay. I’ve made better frittatas and omelets. I give it 2 stars… for effort. I tried to keep DA HATERISMS AT BAY but I just hate it when food disappoints!!!

Will maybe eat at Ally’s again because the What Diet? just calls out to me.

Headed to Kopi Roti afterwards and proceeded to stuff ourselves with more food.

• Reply Redg July 8, 2013 at 11:12 pm

We ate there just last week!! The service was so slow (I think they only have 2/3 employees) and the rice meals aren’t worth the $$$. Their pancakes are delicious though … but still a bit pricey.

I gave it a 3.5/5 since it’s the only breakfast place I know! :'( My friend wants to try Milky and Sunny but we have no idea how to get there lol.

• Reply Helga July 8, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I just asked Sanya about Milky and Sunny! She said it’s average, slightly better than Ally’s.

• Reply @maudemonica July 15, 2013 at 4:09 pm

@Helga, Have you tried Kanto Breakfast? Sa Mandaluyong sya! The rice meals are so good! Batangas tapa meal! :)

• Reply Tim July 8, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Milky and Sunny is alright, but I would prefer Poco Deli or Longganisa Sorpresa. Both are in Kapitolyo in Pasig. Poco Deli is in the same area as Milky and Sunny, Longganisa Sorpresa is near Ace Water Spa in Pasig.

• Reply Helga July 9, 2013 at 7:48 am

Mmm I think Longganisa Sorpresa is the one beside Uncle Moe’s? Will try that soon, thanks!

• Reply Maria July 9, 2013 at 12:51 am

Wah, I seriously haven’t had a REAL breakfast (aka not cereal/fruit) in like, a year. This looks so yummy. I admit, I haven’t ever had a frittata, but your friend’s bacon and egg waffle sandwich looks so yummy. It’s fun to eat at new places (even if you only rate the food 2 out of 5 :)). MMMMmm, this reminds me I haven’t eaten lunch yet…

• Reply Helga July 9, 2013 at 7:49 am

• Reply Trish July 9, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Breakfast fooooooood!!!! ?????

Have you tried Kanto Freestyle Breakfast or Early Bird Breakfast Club?

• Reply Helga July 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Not yet!!!

• Reply Chui July 9, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Sucks, I wanted to try this place out pa naman. I might check out Early Bird Breakfast Club at The Fort Strip but Idk, it’s kinda pricey!

• Reply Helga July 9, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Ewan ko kung bakit di ko pa natra-try yun eh naging fave ni Tara yun for a while! Panget daw bacon nila sabi ni Sam.

• Reply Beauty by Tellie July 11, 2013 at 12:47 am

Have you tried Heaven n Eggs (eastwood)? I’m not a breakfast expert but I generally like their stuff!

• Reply Helga July 11, 2013 at 11:21 am

Ate at the Glorietta brunch, loved their huge servings haha

• Reply Agent Q July 14, 2013 at 7:05 am

Now THAT’S what I call good breakfast. From the looks of these things, you won’t starve for a long time after eating them. Cereals digest fast, so I find myself craving for a quick snack before lunch, which can get pretty annoying. These look delicious. :D

• Reply Katy July 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I love breakfast food too and love going out to eat.. I don’t do it that often anymore for breakfast/brunch because I feel sooo guilty since I can cook that stuff at home. :( It somehow tastes better when someone else cooks it though. :P