bits and pieces

Bits and Pieces

Beaches are great and all but I have a waste of a waist so I prefer heading to the mountains (I’ve done this, like, three times in my life), the sosyal probinsya (Tagaytay, I guess) or y’know, just staying in bed. But Joey played a Baler gig last weekend and since I’ve never been there, I asked to tag along.

The weather was perfect: gray and cloudy with a light drizzle.

Bits and Pieces

We don’t own a monopod so we never have non-selfie couple photos. One of these days, I will give in and allow Joey to buy one.

Bits and Pieces

Costa Pacifica is really pretty and looks very high class, right??? Looks expensive, too! Wow, I must have a lot of extra cash to burn!

We stayed at Aliya, a 10-minute leisurely stroll away.

Bits and Pieces

We headed back to the city Sunday afternoon and I saw the Sierra Madre sights for the first time. Everything was so picturesque and I’d have a ton more photos if 1) it was just me and Joey and 2) the threat of being kidnapped by the NPA didn’t exist.

Bits and Pieces

~*Typical Instagram Posts*~

Bits and Pieces

I bought a 699PHP jar of pesto by mistake. Now I’ll have pesto comin’ outta my ears! And then I have to freeze whatever I don’t use up in a week! I don’t even like tomato pesto that much; the only reason the jar ended up in my grocery basket was because I thought it was around 250PHP.

Bits and Pieces

Ending this post with two of Joey’s favorite things (again): pizza and Helga!

JK I’m not done yet.

Question: do people still care about blogs that don’t churn out sponsored content after sponsored content? Like, I work in THAT industry and did social media for a year (hated it; so glad I’ve moved on to copywriting) so maybe I’m just being a jaded has-been blogger who is over it. I’m missing the authenticity of this whole thing. When I have time, I’ll flesh out my thoughts and put together one big fat steaming hot shit pile of a post. For now, I have to do the dishes and start my Saturday.

• Reply Pinay Flying High November 22, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Love the beach, love your photos and love the last part of this blog. I too, am feeling the same thing. :-)

• Reply Nichie November 23, 2014 at 1:13 am

I still care loads to read your posts -they all come across as so genuine and full of feeling, so I enjoy reading them. All your photos look lovely, by the way. Wish I could take a nice trip like that. I’m so over Winter.

• Reply jammmimay November 23, 2014 at 8:29 am

Yes! As long as it’s your blog :) I love reading your posts.

• Reply April November 23, 2014 at 10:56 am

I tend to unfollow blogs that post too many sponsored content. I like reading more personal (but not too personal!) posts. It’s nice to have a little glimpse of what’s going on in people’s lives and how different and/or similar their experiences are with mine and other people I know if that makes sense.

• Reply Aneth November 24, 2014 at 9:21 am

DITTO :)

• Reply Krista November 23, 2014 at 11:11 am

Too much sponsored content is a little tiring to read. Not that I don’t like reading them, but sometimes, bloggers must balance their posts to keep people interested.

• Reply Raisa November 23, 2014 at 11:40 am

Wow such class much sosyal~

I still care! I’m also working at an ad agency (albeit the developer department so I don’t have to deal with social media or clients). To be honest, it gets me jaded about blogging and the internet in general. I think people take themselves way too seriously online, and just CHILL BRAH.

I’d love to hear your thoughts as a copywriter. I can’t write good copy to save my life. You guys save me on a regular basis.

• Reply Corinth November 24, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I actually prefer reading unsponsored blog posts. They feel more genuine to me. It’s nice though that bloggers get sponsored and I feel kinda jealous sometimes since my dream job is to get paid through my blog, but it gets old. It’s nice to have balanced posts. Hindi puro sponsored or pa-mention kasi may freebies.

Anyway, keep posting please! I love reading what your brain produces. :)

• Reply edelweiza November 24, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Love your socks! I haven’t been to Baler and your photos of the place (and its beach) makes me wanna go there pronto! :)

• Reply Kiara November 27, 2014 at 9:20 am

Omg Helga yer so cute! So happy to have finally met you in the flesh. :-) Been wanting to go to Baler for some time now, but since you mentioned the NPA problem, I’m rethinking everything lol. See you around!

• Reply Casey December 5, 2014 at 2:55 am

answer your question: yes! I still care about real blogs. and I’m looking forward to your post on this topic :)

• Reply Sara December 6, 2014 at 8:50 am

I’ve never had the pleasure of going to Baler, so seeing your photos makes me cringe with envy. Costa Pacifica DOES look uber luxe and expensive, haha.

I just got back to blogging and I’m surprised as to how much it has evolved in the past 5 years that I disappeared from the blogosphere. Majority’s sponsored content and while that’s fine and dandy, I miss being able to relate to others through what they share and write.

• Reply Jean December 8, 2014 at 2:03 pm

It’s so tiring to see bloggers posting the same things. I understand but what’s the point if everyone has the same content. I dunno. I sort of stopped reading them. I just google them when I need a review of a product or service. I miss people blogging about more personal stuff and their experiences. It feels like a journey to another world.