Food Diary: What I Ate Wednesdays // 11

I’m bringing back What I Ate Wednesdays! I’ve always enjoyed documenting my meals via WIAW and I don’t know why I stopped. Most people probably won’t/don’t care, but I do and that’s all that matters!

Salted almonds and seedless grapes. I never have time to eat in the mornings before leaving for work so I usually just grab whatever’s at home and wait until I get to the office to have breakfast. I actually end up having brunch most days.

Chicken curry and white rice from the office manong.

Strawberry Melona which I have, like, thrice a week.

Oreos, but I had a total of six cookies and I’m not even going to feel bad about it!

Joey and I met up for dinner last night and he was in the mood for pizza. Perfect, because I was in the mood for Yellow Cab hot wings.

He let me eat all the chicken. Hot wings > hot body.

I think that starting next week, all my WIAW meals will be something homemade/I cooked myself because this entry’s dishes are boring as fuck. After all, WIAW is supposed to be about showcasing creativity and there’s nothing creative about salted almonds or Oreo Snack Packs lol.

If you have any tried-and-tested (and photogenic) recipes that don’t take more than 30 minutes to prep and cook, please send them my way!

• Reply Chester February 25, 2015 at 10:46 am

Chicken stir fry is quick! or maybe I have a few “healthy” recipes that may come in handy for yaaaaah! But the bagoong pasta I cooked a few years ago was my favorite!

• Reply Helga February 25, 2015 at 12:30 pm

@Chester, Huhuhu I wanna try the bagoong pasta but I’m planning on doing keto next week!

• Reply Olivia February 25, 2015 at 11:50 am

Hello, try san marino corned tuna (or any CORNED tuna. i prefer san marino, but any corned tuna will probably do) with raw siling labuyo*, onions, garlic, cucumber, and carrots in olive oil seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne*, and magic sarap*. They should be diced and then mixed together, it’s no-cook. It should be half-swimming in olive oil. Then, you can have a dip for your crackers or topping for your toasted bread. But me, I cook wheat noodles and pour it over while the noodles are still hot. Please try it, it’s really easy to prepare. I made this recipe in 2011 when I started trying to lose 70lbs. It’s really light and satisfying. You can also store it for about three days to a week in an airtight container (and a fridge, of course). :)

• Reply Helga February 25, 2015 at 12:03 pm

@Olivia, I’ll try it but with regular canned tuna! I can’t stand corned tuna haha. Thanks!

• Reply Olivia February 25, 2015 at 1:08 pm

@Helga, it’s important that it is corned tuna, though. You will not achieve the taste that it’s supposed to make if it ain’t. Maybe make one with corned tuna first and if you don’t like it, go with the regular one. It’s also in the consistency of the corned tuna, I think, that makes the thing so versatile. I still have no name for it. For now, let’s call it the thing. Hehe.

• Reply Helga February 25, 2015 at 1:14 pm

@Olivia, yikes! Corned tuna makes my tummy churn, IDK why. Tried different brands, same effect.

• Reply Bea February 25, 2015 at 1:14 pm

If you like pasta, you can make tuna pasta in cream of mushroom. It will take you like 10 minutes to cook and prepare everything. You just need to sautee onion and garlic, toss in the regular plain tuna in corn oil, cook it for 3 mins, and toss in 2 cans of campbell’s cream of mushroom for a whole packet of spaghetti.And that’s it! It’s super yummy and one of my faves when I’m hungry and want real food. lol :) serve with lots and lots of cheeessseeeee :)

• Reply Allie February 25, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Try some of the recipes over at A Beautiful Mess ( ! Most of them are pretty easy, I’ve practically never cooked but I’ve managed to make some of the stuff there! :D

• Reply Weyn February 25, 2015 at 6:12 pm

My girlfriend and I had a pasta cook-off the other night. I made spaghetti with torn basil, crushed tomatoes (blanch for two minutes, peel, remove juice and seeds), sliced garlic, ~evoo, chili flakes. We added spicy sardines in corn oil – an afterthought, but it made everything taste better. Doesn’t take a while to make, and most importantly mabubusog ka nang hindi nabubundat <3

• Reply Trish February 27, 2015 at 7:45 am

“Hot wings > hot body.” Haha.

I have a segment/category in my blog called The Lazy Girl Tries To Cook. I’ve managed to cook — prepare easy meals that, I think, are more of Paleo-friendly. Mostly breakfast stuff: eggs, potatoes, asparagus, or whatever’s available. IDK if that would fit a keto diet tho.

Also, yay for your new theme! :)