behind the scenes

What’s On My Desk?

What's On My Desk |

Today, I thought I’d share photos of what my office desk looks like… cleaned up. I admit that I’m not the most organized person in the world but I try to keep things nice and neat every now and then. I recently got it rid of some clutter (cutesy stuff like my My Little Pony toys and some nanoblocks) and tamed my laptop, LAN Cable, and mouse cord situation.

I’m pretty pleased!

What's On My Desk |

Nothing makes a desk look sadder than a Lenovo laptop lol. I’m still waiting for my upgrade to a Macbook Pro.

What's On My Desk |

I’ve had people warn me about my mirror and bad luck but I choose to keep this tacky, broken thing to defy superstition! I don’t believe in it so it has no power over me.

What's On My Desk |

Behind my laptop screen are Instax photos, a postcard of Elvis dressed as Santa, Daniel Padilla’s face etc etc. The dividers are really meant for jotting down work-related notes but I tried it once and got confused.

What's On My Desk |

Personal reading materials to my left. Not pictured: a messy pile of job orders. I’ve been doing a good job at disposing completed ones daily, though!

What's On My Desk |

To my right. I have a little wire bin that holds random things like tea, ketchup packets, hair conditioner, pineapple juice, a hair bun maker etc. And yes, those are dick straws in the ceramic planter next to it. I also have a baby cactus but it sits by the window so it can get all the sun it needs.

And that’s my office desk!

I wish I could show you my personal desk but I don’t have a proper one at home because I try not to do any work after office hours and we also don’t have a lot of space. Right now, I do all my blog work from bed (bad for my back, I know!) but as soon as the cats and I move out, my own little home office is first on my list of things to work on! :)

Care to share what’s on your desk? :)

• Reply Cherry April 22, 2015 at 6:39 pm

your desk screams life. Mine in the office is blahhhh since we now have s clean-desk policy wherein we are only allowed to have 5 personal things on our desk (mouse, headset, calendar included, so that leaves 2 more!)

• Reply Helga April 22, 2015 at 11:55 pm

We started with a clean desk policy but that lasted a week or two hahahahaha.

• Reply Clarisse April 22, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Haven’t gotten to my real desk yet because our dept is due for reshuffling but once I do, I’m planning on making it look as Pinterest-y as possible! Maybe with a framed brushwork painting and then throw all the shit that doesn’t belong into my filing cabinet =))))

• Reply Helga April 22, 2015 at 11:55 pm

Can’t wait to see it! I have shit under my desk, too, haha.

My old filing cabinet at my old job was A MESS. One drawer was just full of plastic bags LOL.

• Reply Mikyu Maglasang April 23, 2015 at 1:35 am

If only my job was not project-based, I would totally personalize my own cubicle! People keep on transferring from one cube to another (within a year maybe) because we/they get transferred to different projects. I think we also have that clean desk policy, but it only gets “implemented” when there’s a client visit. :)))

• Reply Helga April 23, 2015 at 10:17 am

Keep a bin around to make moving quick and easy haha!

• Reply Corinth April 23, 2015 at 9:00 am

I love your office desk Helga! Those straws though haha! ????

• Reply Helga April 23, 2015 at 10:17 am

HAHAHAHA my co-worker gave them to me! There used to be more but I gave a few away.

• Reply jas April 23, 2015 at 9:18 am

Hi Helga, Which Company are you working for? and what exactly do you do? :)

• Reply Helga April 23, 2015 at 10:18 am

Hi Jas! I’m a copywriter at a digital ad agency. :)

• Reply Janine Go April 23, 2015 at 1:45 pm

I envy your desk! In my desk I just have a cute pink mirror, my mug and an alcohol, we have a clean desk policy too that’s why we can’t put too many things. Also, our white boards should have some notes written on it (work related pa) haha. I wish i could have a desk like yours! But also I’m too scared to put many personal things, cause sometimes even alcohols here are being stolen. yikes!

• Reply Helga April 23, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Hahaha people here swipe rubbing alcohol and flash drives, too!

We also have a clean desk policy but that lasted a couple of weeks.

• Reply Jean April 23, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Helga, I’m really curious. Why do you have Cream Silk on your desk? hehe :)

• Reply Helga April 25, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Hahahaha every Christmas, clients give out gifts. My former partner is a guy tapos he gave me the bottles of Cream Silk from his goody bag!

• Reply Darlyn April 24, 2015 at 9:12 am

First of all, those straws are sassy little decors for your work space. LOL. I love what you said about the broken mirror and how it has no control over you.

My desk at work looks so boring compared two yours. It just has one Instax photo of my boyfriend and two Adventure Time toys I got from McDonald’s.

• Reply Helga April 25, 2015 at 9:20 pm

If I weren’t ~rebranding~, I’d still have those Happy Meal My Little Pony toys!

• Reply Gelleesh April 24, 2015 at 9:23 am

I don’t want to share my office desk. It’s such a mess. I’m using the “I’m in creatives and I’m a writer” excuse because I’m just too lazy to tidy it all up. But honestly, I work better with this kind of desk though so I guess… Hmm… I’m bound to have a messy desk. One time I did give time to clean up my desk and I just ended up staring at my desk, doing nothing for a couple of minutes until I opened my drawer, took some papers and memos, scattered it on my desk… And then I began working happily. :P

But seeing your desk… I kinda do want to tidy it up na. LOL Hahaha! *Envy*

• Reply Helga April 25, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Sometimes, naiinggit ako sa co-workers ko who have clean, nearly empty desks! How do they do it?!

• Reply Yza Marzan April 24, 2015 at 11:00 am

on my first project, I customized my desk like crazy. Then I got transferred to another project after 9 months I think? after the third one, I didn’t bother anymore. It didn’t help that we also transfer location. cybergate 2, mckinley hill, cybergate 1 then cybergate 2.

• Reply April 25, 2015 at 4:36 pm

This is what I love most about creative agencies. They give us freedom to do whatever with our desks. :D

• Reply Freya April 26, 2015 at 2:13 am

I love your wire bin contents!!!!! Ketchup packs!!!!!!

• Reply Aneth April 26, 2015 at 1:11 pm

I always wanted to have my own office desk and personalize it with cutesy stuff!!

• Reply Carmina Mones April 26, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Wishing I had a desk so I can brag about it, too. In my work, programs have their own cubicles with 2 desktops where people work when they’re doig research and or writing scripts. Wala masyadong pumapasok unless airing week! Haha! Only program managers have desks. My boss has a lovely cube, though. Pinterest-y! All I have is a messy drawer I called dibs on when it was vacated. Lol.

• Reply Alissa April 27, 2015 at 9:40 am

My desk at home is a mess with random things in there like makeup, notes, pens and books. I ususally don’t use it either. I’d rather do work on my bed