the sunday currently

The Sunday Currently // 18

The Sunday Currently |

The wings weren’t good. PepperPH needs to hack Yellow Cab’s hot wings!

Tweets. Twitter was INSAAAAAANE today, thanks to all the homophobic and racist tweets post-MayPac. The Fight of the century definitely goes to Stefan vs Liza Soberano‘s fans.

I’m also torturing myself by going through Pepper PH’s Food Hacks archive.

Goals! I wish I could share them with you but I feel super shy because they seem so lofty?!

I’ve been listening to Fiona Apple a lot lately. ♥♥♥

Of how to make this blog better! I’m in the middle of auditing my content and have privatized 311 entries so far, with 600+ more to go through. I feel like 80% of my entries are trash because I did PayU2Blog for a few years so I was mostly blogging fluff for the $$$. I need to set some content buckets and I hope I have time to do that this month. I want to sit down and brainstorm with Joey but he’s always so busy.

Starting over would be so much easier but MY BLOG TURNS NINE this month and it’s history I want to hold on to.

Piattos Sour Cream & Onion. I’ve been so bad on the food front lately.

Joey were here. He was supposed to sleep over last night but he left his contact lens solution at home. I AM SO SAD AND CLINGY TODAY, I need 5-HTP.

Good lord, I have so much work to do this week so I’m just hoping I get them all done on time.

An oversized Ducks Unlimited shirt Joey got me as a gag gift last Christmas.

My boyfriend. I am so in love with my boyfriend that it’s gross.

Add me on Snapchat! My username is helgatheweber. :)

Tokwa’t baboy (fried tofu and pork) sounds really good right now. Unfortunately, my fridge has neither.

Another shower because I can’t with this heat. I’m trying to save on electricity and I’ve already had the AC on for most of the day.

Generally all right. A little tired, needing sleep, needing nourishing food. I’m cooking rice (hope I don’t burn this pot) and I’ll be making an omelet for dinner so that should make me feel a bit better.

How was your weekend? :)

• Reply Weyn May 3, 2015 at 10:28 pm

I hope I’m not being intrusive, but I’ve been meaning to ask you, since you seem to give sound/realistic advice. You mentioned Joey’s always busy and you probably have deadlines to think about, too — meanwhile, I’ve a girlfriend who works 14++ hours in the kitchen and her days off aren’t regular, and I’ve got an inbox that overwhelms me even after I’ve logged out of work every day.

I’m glad that this long weekend allowed me to be with her without work taking up space in my head. Gumulong lang sa kama lol. And I’m grateful we still manage to make time and use it well but the s t r u g g l e is real. How do you nurture your relationship despite a busy schedule?

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:45 am

I’m super lucky that my company respects our time so overtime work isn’t encouraged. It’s rare that I check my email after 6/7pm and I never check on weekends unless I get an urgent text. When I work on weekends, it’s to make the coming week’s load lighter. If you can, put your foot down and say: “SARADO NA ANG TINDAHAN!” at the end of your shift.

Joey naman has odd work hours because of the time difference with his boss but he’s made it a point to get his day started early. He used to wake up past noon, but now he gets up around 9/10am. When he’s not shooting or has a bunch of articles to write, I drop by his office after work and then we have dinner before he takes me home. A lot of our time together during the week is spent on the road, really. =/ I hate it, I need to move closer. We used to see each other every day hahahahaha but now, maybe 3x na lang during the work week.

Sometimes, he works weekends and I’m happy to just hang around and have him physically present. When he has a weeknight gig, I’ll drop by if it’s not too late and I’m not too tired. TBH, I only get about 4-5 hours of sleep each night!!!!!! But that’s not because of Joey, it’s because of the traffic and the commute. =/

• Reply Jean May 3, 2015 at 10:42 pm

How do you privatize your posts? Sometimes I want to let it all out and write them on my blog but I don’t want the whole world to see. LOL Labo.

Huhuhu your PDA vid makes me miss my bf more. It’s great to see you so happy! :)

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:45 am

There’s an option on WordPress to make posts private! IDK if Blogspot has it?

Thanks, Jean!!! Kailan ba uwi si Franco for good?

• Reply Abi May 3, 2015 at 11:14 pm

I wish PepperPH hacks Sweet Ecstacy’s sriracha lime wings. I still can’t get over how delicious they were. Try it!

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:46 am

I’ve been meaning to try it!!!!!! I haven’t been to Sweet X in a couple of months.

• Reply Jamie May 3, 2015 at 11:17 pm

There’s this lugawan near us that sells crispy lugaw. Crispy baboy and tokwa. Heaven parehas! Now, I’m hungry.

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:46 am

UGH SO YUMMY! When I lived in Anonas, there was a goto place across my apartment and I would always order their tokwa’t baboy because it was the only yummy ulam they had haha. Everything else tasted the same.

• Reply Yshy May 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Yay pang Vol. 18 ka na! :) Solid the nine years, good thing you managed to stick to one site since then? Hehe I lost count of how many blogs I set up in the last ten years!

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:47 am

I had when I attempted to fashion blog (LOL) and then I bought last year because I was ready na to switch. IDK if I should pa!

• Reply Cae May 4, 2015 at 12:41 am

Gaaaahhh! 9 years is such a long time. I hope you never get tired! Been loving your blog for 3 years now :)

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:48 am

Thanks, Cae! <3

• Reply Corinth May 4, 2015 at 10:28 am

Your PDA snaps make me giggle! Even Jorge watches them too. <3 I love seeing you happy. Cheesy much pero it's the truth. Hehe.

About starting over, I totally understand how you feel. I guess the safest thing to do nga is to just do a blog cleanup. It's hard to just throw away 9 years worth of blogging life.

• Reply Helga May 4, 2015 at 10:49 am

I screencapped your burger kanina kasi natakam ako!!!

Hello, Jorge!

• Reply Aneth May 4, 2015 at 1:50 pm

UGH I can feel your dilemma on traffic (!!!!!) and commuting. I hate it that my work is almost two hours away from where I live. Whenever Dan and I hang out after our shift on a work week (we’re until 3pm), we intend to hang out for like 1-2 hours only bcos we worry about the hassle of getting a ride and the traffic on my way home and that would lead me to having only 4 to 5 hour-sleep just like you.

Also, you and Joey are the cutest!!!!

• Reply Lou Castañeda May 4, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Ano ba yan, nakaka’frustrate love life mo. Ayoko na! Hahaha <3

• Reply Ansibility June 10, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Hi, just curious how the PayU2Blog thing works. Do you have to post on your own blog with links from them? Or do you have to post on someone else’s blog? I haven’t had a blog for years now so I was just wondering…

• Reply Helga June 11, 2015 at 11:08 am

On your own blog. :) You can check their website for more info.