the sunday currently

The Sunday Currently // 19

The Sunday Currently |

I went to Haze last night because Joey judged a DJ contest for a student org and this is my key takeway:

Nothing! Not worrying about having to write anything, too! Such a great feeling because I can burrow under the covers (Joey has started calling me a mole because this is all I do in bed) and catch up on iZombie right after publishing this entry. Work (and thinking about work) can wait until tomorrow.

I’m all kinds of obsessed with Robin Schulz’s Headlights (both the song and the video). I’ve also been listening to Joey’s Beginners Guide to Deep House and the UK Garage Revival playlist on Spotify.

Of how I can streamline and eat properly this week. Laziness always gets the best of me! I went overboard with the beer and the junk this weekend and I know I’ll be feeling extra bad about it come tomorrow morning when I see how plump and squishy my belly is. My friend and co-worker, Maro, suggested I eat nothing but chicken breast and broccoli for 10 days but I love myself too much to put myself through that kind of torture.

But yes, I will definitely be eating chicken (thighs) and steamed broccoli (with cheese) a few times this week.

I still had the metabolism of an 18-year old. I can’t believe I used to starve myself when I was younger because I feared getting fat! I weep for those years wasted on denying myself food.

I don’t have a hard time getting to work tomorrow. Joey says I really need to start driving and I’m beginning to see his point.

My mommy. ♥ I texted her at 2AM to tell her I was alone and roaming around The Fort looking for a place to eat. Her reply? Take care and don’t eat a lot ha.

A fat bank account.

To get my hands on a pair of 15lbs weights.

Also: a fat bank account LOL.

Pretty good! I had a fun (but tiring) weekend and I didn’t do anything regrettable so I’m pretty pleased with myself.

Wild Spirit: On Self-Portraits and Body Image Issues
The Guardian: Don’t unfriend your racist Facebook friends. Teach them
The Cut: Quit Worrying and Embrace the Art of the Thirst Trap

Add me on Snapchat! My username is helgatheweber.

How was your weekend? :)

• Reply Kainoa May 10, 2015 at 9:06 pm

My weekend’s very uneventful yet stressful, considering how UP shifted its academic calendar. However, I’m thinking of starting a new blog and using a Sunday Currently post to start!

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 11:31 am

GO DO ET. Also: your thoughts on pop stars lol I would totally read that.

• Reply Jam Go May 10, 2015 at 10:48 pm

I gave my Mom a bar(?) of Toblerone while saying, “Sorry Mommy eto lang muna, Wala na akong extrang pera, eh” she smiled naman and said Thank you, then after kinain din namin at nakikain ako sa Toblerone nya. Hahaha!

Also, your Mom’s still awake at 2am? Haha.

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 11:32 am

Yeah, my mom sleeps super late! Sometimes, I go to bed before she does.

• Reply Kenna May 10, 2015 at 11:11 pm

“I’m still slowly making my way through Tom & David Kelley’s Creative Confidence. I have this really shitty habit of picking up and putting down books and I end up taking forever just getting through one. Who else is like this???” Me. I’m also like that. And it’s annoying. Most of the time, it’s not even because the book or whatever it is I’m reading is uninteresting. It’s just that I’m lazy.

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:36 pm

I think I’m going to make a resolution to not pick up a new book until I’m done with the current one!

• Reply clmntn May 10, 2015 at 11:13 pm

• Reply clmntn May 10, 2015 at 11:18 pm

HAI GORL HAI I’ve been meaning to send you this ~*~LoV3LeTt3R~*~ for a while now but I don’t know how to send it anonymously =/ Anywayyyy, I like the new Helga now :-) Ang positive mo and nowadays you just seem to ~*~care~*~ I’m your avid follower LJ days palang and I must say this is the happiest that I’ve “seen” you so far :-) Bagay sa’yo yung in love <3

Minsan nakikita kita along Salcedo, Makati but I'm too shy to say hello :-P I'm a fan since 14-15 yo and 10 years after, binabasa ko pa din feeds mo :-)

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Awww, thank you! Wow, 10 years! Para na tayong tumanda together haha. Say hi next time! <3

• Reply Redg May 11, 2015 at 9:24 am

We all need fat bank accounts. :( Payday seems so far away T_T

I was supposed to order Shakey’s for Mother’s Day but then they were experiencing ‘tech difficulties’ and I waited for 10 minutes on the phone while listening to their available promos. It was nearing 9:00 in the evening and so we ended up just eating nilaga and she was fine with it. WHY SHAKEY’S WHY

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

• Reply Louise May 11, 2015 at 9:37 am

FAT BANK ACCOUNT! Come at me yo.
    Same feels on the reading part. I don’t know when and why I stopped reading a book, and I do it all the time. Btw, your mom’s so chill, still replying at 2 in the morning. ????

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

My mom sleeps later than I do sometimes!

• Reply Dani May 11, 2015 at 10:52 am

I don’t mind a (cheesy) broccoli diet but ugh, chicken breast. I love me some chicken pero kung breast lang, parang wag na lang. Walang lasa T.T

Totally with you on the bad book habit! I’ve lost count of all the books I ended up neglecting. I’ve only finished one on my 2015 list, so far.

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

I fucken hate chicken breast, too!!!!!!!!!!! DARK MEAT OR GO HOME.

• Reply Jhanz May 11, 2015 at 11:56 am

I also NEED a fat bank account!!! On another note, I think we all need one.

PS: I’m also trying to lose weight. I’m thinking about starting Keto, since a friend of mine lost a whopping 20lbs in 6 weeks (!!!) Plus it lets you eat bacon. :) Have you tried it before na ba?

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I wanna try keto na tuloy!

• Reply Justine May 11, 2015 at 3:59 pm

*raises hands!*

I got my mom a cake, a necklace and bracelet set and an edible flower. Real flowers just wither, so much better when you can actually eat them, right? Haha. I echo that fat bank account wish, too.

Dang, I missed this weeks’ Sunday Currently! I blame Skype sessions with the boyf.

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I once missed TSC on a Sunday so I just did it on a Monday! I don’t think there are strict rules naman.

I love chocolate roses!

• Reply lol May 11, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Funny how you have a blog post about telling your readers to not buy with Lazada BUT you have an ad of them in your blog. SO IRONIC.

Just saying. Just need to point that out because it’s kinda funny HAHAHAHAHA

• Reply Helga May 11, 2015 at 4:36 pm

That’s Google Adsense. :)

If you read the Lazada entry, you’d know that the issue was resolved. I also gave Lazada a second chance last April and had a pleasant experience that time around. I have yet to blog about it but I’ve mentioned it several times on Twitter and Snapchat. Thanks for dropping by!

• Reply Riz May 16, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Today, I learned about “thirst traps” hahaha. Alright!